This thread is privately moderated by Inflexo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64
Just had a CT scan yesterday - oh what joy!

BJ
Sooooo...... are you a........ Moggie?....HAHAHAHAHAHA Get it......HAHAHAHAH.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
de-registered abuser
um, it's in the post what it does BJ

Paul, how much, how big and how heavy?

I don't need one at the moment, but maybe RCjunkie might be keen, I know he is after a power board for his 4 meter fox, though not sure if he bought one or not. If it's anything like your other electronic bits I have bought from you, It'll be good! Remember to mention it's for turbines too, that way you can charge twice as much as normal

Quote:
Just had a CT scan yesterday - oh what joy!
Wantee can top that by multiples
Nov 11, 2010, 01:51 AM
Not a Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch
Wantee can top that by multiples
lol. Yep. Trapped nerve = no fun.
Unless you count all the endone and the gear they pumped into me in the ambulance. That was fun.
Had Ambulance ride, 4 CT's, 2 MRI's and a 6" needle through my neck for a cortisone injection to the spine all in the last 2 weeks. (and next week I get another spinal injection too) Tops. Can't wait.
Nov 11, 2010, 01:58 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
me_wantee,

Good GOD man... what on earth caused it to get trapped in the first place?

I've been having minor troubles lately with my sciatic nerve (left side) and my left arm/shoulder nerve but they're clearing up nicely now - that was bad enough.

Paul.
Nov 11, 2010, 02:06 AM
Not a Doctor
Combination of some arthiritic degeneration, martial arts 3 times a week and 3 very strong Thai massages in 3 days which really inflamed the surrounding muscles. (no, not the love muscle before Gouch jumps in)
Nov 11, 2010, 02:23 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels
Ugh, hope it comes back 'clean' for you. Did they use iodine as the tracer? Give you the warm-rush in tight places?

The 'switch' thing basically just lets you power the servos/receiver of larger planes without burning up your receiver. Many large scale planes need 2~4 servos per channel (for safety and power), it's a bit difficult to connect all 4 servos to the single channel output of the receiver.

Paul.
Nah... had that when I went into the 'big tube' thingy. Bloke wouldn't wanna be claustrophobic in one of those things

This was just the baby CT - jammed a nerve or something in my neck 10 days ago and it's been giving me buggery ever since.

Re the 'switch' - understand now. Ta...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster
Sooooo...... are you a........ Moggie?....HAHAHAHAHAHA Get it......HAHAHAHAH.
WOOF!

No...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch
um, it's in the post what it does BJ
Oh....sowwy...

The drugs have kicked in...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_wantee
lol. Yep. Trapped nerve = no fun.
Unless you count all the endone and the gear they pumped into me in the ambulance. That was fun.
Had Ambulance ride, 4 CT's, 2 MRI's and a 6" needle through my neck for a cortisone injection to the spine all in the last 2 weeks. (and next week I get another spinal injection too) Tops. Can't wait.
Oh...just pharkin GREAT.

Sounds horribly like what I'm going through - sans the Amulance ride.

And they can keep that Cortisone shyte - that's like a 2ft long needle. They stick it in up the top somewhere and it comes out your arse. No thanks...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 02:32 AM
Not a Doctor
I always like this joke.

A man runs into the vet's office carrying his dog screaming for help. The vet rushes him back to an examination room and has him put his dog on the examination table.

The vet examines the still, limp body and after a few moments tells the man
that his dog, regrettably, is dead.

The man, clearly agitated and not willing to accept this, demands a second opinion.

The vet goes into the back room and comes out with a cat and puts the cat down next to the dog's body. The cat sniffs the body, walks from head to tail pokingand sniffing the dog's body and finally looks at the vet and meows.

The vet looks at the man and says, "I'm sorry, but the cat thinks that your dog is dead too."

The man is still unwilling to accept that his dog is dead.

The vet brings in a black Labrador. The lab sniffs the body, walks from head to tail, and finally looks at the vet and barks. The vet looks at the man and says, "I'm sorry, but the lab thinks your dog is dead too."

The man, finally resigned to the diagnosis, thanks the vet and asks how much he owes.
The vet answers, "$650.

"$650 to tell me my dog is dead?" exclaimed the man....

"Well," the vet replies, "I would only have charged you $50 for my initial diagnosis. The additional $600 was for the cat scan and lab tests."
Nov 11, 2010, 02:36 AM
Not a Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64
Oh...just pharkin GREAT.

Sounds horribly like what I'm going through - sans the Amulance ride.

And they can keep that Cortisone shyte - that's like a 2ft long needle. They stick it in up the top somewhere and it comes out your arse. No thanks...

BJ
The surgery option is not pretty. I was given the pamphlet and told I had a 60% chance of coming good without it.
I've started to regain strength and feeling in my 2 affected fingers already, so I'm optimistic it's gonna work out fine after the next shot.
Still, if it doesn't, meh. If the doc thinks it's best I'll get the op.
Nov 11, 2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_wantee
The surgery option is not pretty. I was given the pamphlet and told I had a 60% chance of coming good without it.
I've started to regain strength and feeling in my 2 affected fingers already, so I'm optimistic it's gonna work out fine after the next shot.
Still, if it doesn't, meh. If the doc thinks it's best I'll get the op.
Yah - I had similar odds with my back.

Went to an Orthopædic Surgeon and we did the 'tube' thing (that's the one that had the dye Paul), and he had a good look and explained the options. L3 and L5 have no cartilage/disc any more, so it's bone-on-bone. He basically said I have a 90% chance of being 50% worse off, so I just live with it these days.

But this neck thing? Ho-li-crap - there's nothing you do that doesn't seem aggravate the daylights out of it. Even sneezing is a whole new 'adventure'...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 03:06 AM
by ZIPPER
Its always something with you me wantee.
You need to get a bag of cement and harden the ---- up.
Then we could entry you in the crap by the see.
Nov 11, 2010, 03:45 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
BJ, me_wantee,

You guys have my full sympathies. I don't know what I did with my shoulder but it left it weak and 'pinched nerve' feeling for a couple of weeks, then my thumb/hand went 'nervy' as well - though as I've said, things are much better now on a daily basis.

The sciatic nerve is a pain since it'll give me anything from foot-arch pain, groin pain to abdominal pain depending on its mood.

Regarding your surgery options, I'd certainly be avoiding it as long as plausible - seems rare for anyone to come out of back surgery with a more positive prognosis than before

Paul.
Nov 11, 2010, 03:57 AM
de-registered abuser
Sounds like a freakin retirement home in here !

Quick Reply