Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
C-Main Champ
djmoose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Switched all my ESCs and batteries over to 45A Power Poles tonight. Built a 4 pack parallel charging adapter too These things are sweet!
Do you have any planes with seperate BECs? I'm curious of what you did to hook those in with power poles? (more importantly, are you using any castle ESCs?)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2010, 10:18 AM
Pants on the ground
xsubsailor's Avatar
Crap I have to download cut the rope now
Dec 24, 2010, 10:36 AM
Flying Dirty
Rotorslicer's Avatar
Yes, I always use a seperate bec on my all my aircraft, and i also use castle esc's and their bec's as well. Not quite sure on what you are asking, wanting to know how to tie in the seperate bec with a power pole set up?
Dec 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Account Closed

Merry Christmas


A warm and heartfelt Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Addicts family....


Scott
Dec 24, 2010, 10:55 AM
C-Main Champ
djmoose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorslicer View Post
Yes, I always use a seperate bec on my all my aircraft, and i also use castle esc's and their bec's as well. Not quite sure on what you are asking, wanting to know how to tie in the seperate bec with a power pole set up?
I'm curious on how people are hooking up BECs with power poles. Especially since Castle ECS have 10 AWG wires...which fit perfectly in the 45A inserts for the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

I HAVE crimped both a 10awg wire (ESC) and 16awg wire (BEC) into a single 45A PP insert...however it's REALLY hard to then get that to insert all the way (until the insert "clicks") into the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

So, I'm wondering what everyone is doing in this situation.
Dec 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Do you have any planes with seperate BECs? I'm curious of what you did to hook those in with power poles? (more importantly, are you using any castle ESCs?)
what i did was crimp the cc bec pro and castle 85hv esc in the same crimp sleeve and then snapped it into the power pole.
Dec 24, 2010, 10:59 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
I'm curious on how people are hooking up BECs with power poles. Especially since Castle ECS have 10 AWG wires...which fit perfectly in the 45A inserts for the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

I HAVE crimped both a 10awg wire (ESC) and 16awg wire (BEC) into a single 45A PP insert...however it's REALLY hard to then get that to insert all the way (until the insert "clicks") into the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

So, I'm wondering what everyone is doing in this situation.
im using the 75a power poles with the 8awg crimp sleeve for those, and there is plenty of space, it worked perfectly
Dec 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
C-Main Champ
djmoose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
im using the 75a power poles with the 8awg crimp sleeve for those, and there is plenty of space, it worked perfectly
that's what I'm leaning towards...however, I already have all 8 of my 6S 5000s with the 45A PowerPoles.

I guess I could make a short adapter.
Dec 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
that's what I'm leaning towards...however, I already have all 8 of my 6S 5000s with the 45A PowerPoles.

I guess I could make a short adapter.
just a warning....the 75a pp's are big
Dec 24, 2010, 12:31 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Joe's waiting for the big Brown truck to arrive?
Mx2- Christmas-1 (4 min 39 sec)
Dec 24, 2010, 12:43 PM
Registered User
stickybeatz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Do you have any planes with seperate BECs? I'm curious of what you did to hook those in with power poles? (more importantly, are you using any castle ESCs?)
I'm not running any separate BECs... maybe solder the ESC and BEC together with an extra tail of wire going to the PP?
Dec 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
C-Main Champ
djmoose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
I'm not running any separate BECs... maybe solder the ESC and BEC together with an extra tail of wire going to the PP?
That's always an option...but the point of PowerPoles (to me at least) was to have super clean, easy, and non-soldered, connections.

If Ihave to solder a BEC on, then might as well just solder onto Deans and forget about it.
Dec 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Joe's waiting for the big Brown truck to arrive?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4B0JN8qhI
Awesome Flying ...


Nice PJ's ....
Dec 24, 2010, 01:16 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
so what's the consensus on leaving airplanes in the car over night in freezing temps? bad idea? lipos can come inside, airplane probably can't though .
Dec 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
Registered User
Guy's I've sold one of my Bantam BC6-10 chargers and I have one left. 65.00 shipped to the ConUS.

MLT


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool The Official Blade 400 Thread - Questions - Support - Part Deux blade strike Mini Helis 1426 Nov 09, 2014 11:11 AM
Discussion The 3DHS Addict Support Group Part ll MLT67 3D Flying 28999 Nov 08, 2010 05:38 PM
Discussion The 3DHS Addict Support Group MLT67 3D Flying 21599 Dec 10, 2009 09:24 PM
Discussion Help me choose a plane... and become a 3DHS addict! truthunter Electric Plane Talk 31 Jul 15, 2008 08:22 PM