The 3DHS Addict Support Group Part lll - Page 501 - RC Groups
Dec 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
C-Main Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz
Switched all my ESCs and batteries over to 45A Power Poles tonight. Built a 4 pack parallel charging adapter too These things are sweet!
Do you have any planes with seperate BECs? I'm curious of what you did to hook those in with power poles? (more importantly, are you using any castle ESCs?)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2010, 09:18 AM
Pants on the ground
Crap I have to download cut the rope now
Dec 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
Flying Dirty
Yes, I always use a seperate bec on my all my aircraft, and i also use castle esc's and their bec's as well. Not quite sure on what you are asking, wanting to know how to tie in the seperate bec with a power pole set up?
Dec 24, 2010, 09:47 AM
Account Closed

Merry Christmas

A warm and heartfelt Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Addicts family....

Scott
Dec 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
C-Main Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorslicer
Yes, I always use a seperate bec on my all my aircraft, and i also use castle esc's and their bec's as well. Not quite sure on what you are asking, wanting to know how to tie in the seperate bec with a power pole set up?
I'm curious on how people are hooking up BECs with power poles. Especially since Castle ECS have 10 AWG wires...which fit perfectly in the 45A inserts for the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

I HAVE crimped both a 10awg wire (ESC) and 16awg wire (BEC) into a single 45A PP insert...however it's REALLY hard to then get that to insert all the way (until the insert "clicks") into the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

So, I'm wondering what everyone is doing in this situation.
Dec 24, 2010, 09:58 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose
Do you have any planes with seperate BECs? I'm curious of what you did to hook those in with power poles? (more importantly, are you using any castle ESCs?)
what i did was crimp the cc bec pro and castle 85hv esc in the same crimp sleeve and then snapped it into the power pole.
Dec 24, 2010, 09:59 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
I'm curious on how people are hooking up BECs with power poles. Especially since Castle ECS have 10 AWG wires...which fit perfectly in the 45A inserts for the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

I HAVE crimped both a 10awg wire (ESC) and 16awg wire (BEC) into a single 45A PP insert...however it's REALLY hard to then get that to insert all the way (until the insert "clicks") into the 15/30/45 power pole housings.

So, I'm wondering what everyone is doing in this situation.
im using the 75a power poles with the 8awg crimp sleeve for those, and there is plenty of space, it worked perfectly
Dec 24, 2010, 10:32 AM
C-Main Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
im using the 75a power poles with the 8awg crimp sleeve for those, and there is plenty of space, it worked perfectly
that's what I'm leaning towards...however, I already have all 8 of my 6S 5000s with the 45A PowerPoles.

I guess I could make a short adapter.
Dec 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
that's what I'm leaning towards...however, I already have all 8 of my 6S 5000s with the 45A PowerPoles.

I guess I could make a short adapter.
just a warning....the 75a pp's are big
Dec 24, 2010, 11:31 AM
Joe's waiting for the big Brown truck to arrive?
Mx2- Christmas-1 (4 min 39 sec)
Dec 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
I'm not running any separate BECs... maybe solder the ESC and BEC together with an extra tail of wire going to the PP?
Dec 24, 2010, 11:48 AM
C-Main Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz
I'm not running any separate BECs... maybe solder the ESC and BEC together with an extra tail of wire going to the PP?
That's always an option...but the point of PowerPoles (to me at least) was to have super clean, easy, and non-soldered, connections.

If Ihave to solder a BEC on, then might as well just solder onto Deans and forget about it.
Dec 24, 2010, 12:10 PM
Fly Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Joe's waiting for the big Brown truck to arrive?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4B0JN8qhI
Awesome Flying ...

Nice PJ's ....
Dec 24, 2010, 12:16 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
so what's the consensus on leaving airplanes in the car over night in freezing temps? bad idea? lipos can come inside, airplane probably can't though .
Dec 24, 2010, 12:18 PM
Guy's I've sold one of my Bantam BC6-10 chargers and I have one left. 65.00 shipped to the ConUS.

MLT