Thread OP
THANX Pasty!!
Welcome!
I believe you'r enjoying FPV?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Thread OP
Did you miss me?....or did you not even notice I was gone??
I have just regained my faith in our local telecoms. Run out and into BB in the same hour!!
OK!...I had to hold onto the phone for 25min only to get cut off and dial again!

So I have glued the one aileron into position and will go close the wing and take a pic of the section, whilst on the building board, clamped.
Nov 15, 2010, 03:29 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
oh yes

Sloping weather seems no existent at the mo so its nice to have something else to play with. I had to go glider style for my FPV ship... I got a nice T tail foamy thing... works a treat!
Nov 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
Thread OP
Matty, Rusty Nail
The wing is now clamped. The section, as it is in the jig, is now visable. Very pretty, flat bottom section......untill I unclamp!
It is not so bad when it comes out. Still flies inverted, but not crazy about it, in a light wind!
Nov 15, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
oh yes

Sloping weather seems no existent at the mo so its nice to have something else to play with. I had to go glider style for my FPV ship... I got a nice T tail foamy thing... works a treat!
I'll get there, if Bakkie gets his way!
But Johann still keeping me very busy!!
I'm sure you heard about me going FPV but flew into a tree before I even got to put the goggles on!
Nov 15, 2010, 04:03 PM
I think I'm Mode 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse
I'll get there, if Bakkie gets his way!
But Johann still keeping me very busy!!
I'm sure you heard about me going FPV but flew into a tree before I even got to put the goggles on!
Sean don't forget to mention that it was with a wing dragon
Nov 15, 2010, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
........thought you where sleeping!!
Nov 15, 2010, 04:40 PM
Thread OP

Wing section.

I have just taken the wing out of the jig and here is the section you land up with. Not bad at all!! Dont ask what it is, cause I duno! All I know is it works VERY well!!
Nov 16, 2010, 02:21 AM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie
Sean don't forget to mention that it was with a wing dragon
eheheheh... the shame
Nov 16, 2010, 05:51 AM
Stirring the pot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
eheheheh... the shame
We don't talk about it!

Others don't know any better!
Nov 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thermaholic Homoslopian

GEMS PSS Fest

Just finished mine last week, in the nick of time for our PSS Fest at Volksrust. The color scheme looks a little bland compared to the ones you chaps have built so far.

I was a little heavy handed when folding the left wing, crushing the flutes on the spar and ended up with a slightly "triangular" airfoil. Didn't have time to redo it and flew it as is. Straight and level flight was no problem. Flies a treat! When turning left it tended to drop the wing a little and lose height in the turn. The model also rolled out to the left when trying to loop

Some neat tips here Sean. Wish I had discovered the thread before building mine.... I like the wing rig idea. Using only your hands to fold over the wing makes it darn tricky. I'll make a new wing for the next outing which I'm sure will sort out the issues. BTW, I think the airfoil is called a LR@AL......

Adding the colored vinyl before the whole folding process would also have saved me a whole lot of cussing and fiddling!

I posted a build thread on our club blog.

I already have the itch to build an electric version next Anybody tried it yet?
Nov 16, 2010, 11:25 AM
Stirring the pot
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzchucker
Oh yes!!!
Nov 16, 2010, 11:46 AM
Thermaholic Homoslopian
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannlochner
Oh yes!!!
And your setup? I was thinking a Turnigy Park 480 1020KV on 3s would do nicely.
Nov 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
Stirring the pot
Quote:
And your setup? I was thinking a Turnigy Park 480 1020KV on 3s would do nicely.
I've got an Axi motor in there on 3 cells 2200 mah.
Can't remember the motor size, as Sean built and fitted it!

The plane is slightly smaller in scale!
She's my slope plane for those windless days!
Nov 16, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Just finished mine last week, in the nick of time for our PSS Fest at Volksrust. The color scheme looks a little bland compared to the ones you chaps have built so far.

I was a little heavy handed when folding the left wing, crushing the flutes on the spar and ended up with a slightly "triangular" airfoil. Didn't have time to redo it and flew it as is. Straight and level flight was no problem. Flies a treat! When turning left it tended to drop the wing a little and lose height in the turn. The model also rolled out to the left when trying to loop

Some neat tips here Sean. Wish I had discovered the thread before building mine.... I like the wing rig idea. Using only your hands to fold over the wing makes it darn tricky. I'll make a new wing for the next outing which I'm sure will sort out the issues. BTW, I think the airfoil is called a LR@AL......

Adding the colored vinyl before the whole folding process would also have saved me a whole lot of cussing and fiddling!

I posted a build thread on our club blog.

FC, VERY! VERY! COOL plane!! Well done! She looks AWESOME!!
You will see me at your PSS Fest next year for sure!!...Will bring some friends with!
Your colors work very well together!
Re loops: give her time to prove herself!...and she will. You might want to try just a little less elevator and a tad more speed. With a slightly different section on one half will result in a roll out.
"LR@AL".... ?
Will check out your blog.
FC, I would not even consider closing a wing without the jig.
Johanns E-Mig has FAR too much power. He can nose-up till you just see the plane, and is very fast!...I too have one, but has slightly less power!

Again,
Well done !! Your plane looks Great!!
Thanx for the pics!! Send more when she flies again!
Sean

Quick Reply