Nov 08, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Cool

The Official Blade 400 Thread - Questions - Support - Part Deux

Well I had a request from the friendly staff here at RCG to start NEW but Continued thread for the blade. I guess all you blade addicts are killing the SQL performance on the server

So lets continue all the questions and support right here!!!!
Last edited by blade strike; Nov 08, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2010, 11:28 AM
With great pwer comes great 3D
Nothing wrong with overloading a server On to bigger and better things!
Nov 08, 2010, 07:34 PM
In search of RC nirvana
Nice job FR4-Pilot. I would like to know how many other guys had all of their stock servos last 100 flights. Mine lasted about 10, and that was just hovering around and some slow forward flight.
Nov 08, 2010, 08:06 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Why don't they just get a bigger/better server?!?!? Just kidding.... New bookmark.

/Dave
Nov 08, 2010, 09:30 PM
Rocket Programmer
I'm fascinated by this actually... I can't understand why a really long thread would have any impact on the performance of the site. But, I'm happy to continue along here

I might get rid of my Blade though... not sure, it is a fun bird to fly...
Nov 09, 2010, 11:00 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
I'm fascinated by this actually... I can't understand why a really long thread would have any impact on the performance of the site. But, I'm happy to continue along here

I might get rid of my Blade though... not sure, it is a fun bird to fly...
Hey Jasmine , why now ? Best Regards.
Nov 09, 2010, 12:21 PM
Can't-Get-Right
Woohoo, shiny new B400 thread!

Boohoo, messy old B400 flying!

Eflite Blade 400 - Wet Autumnal, Overcast Day - 02 October 2010 (4 min 58 sec)
Nov 09, 2010, 12:34 PM
Rocket Programmer
Well, it's a matter of what I do for an average flying day. I usually go to the field and fly the 500 and the Extra MX and maybe the 250 and I kinda ignore the Blade 400. I don't fly it very much, and it's a solid bird - could be good for a noobie.
Nov 09, 2010, 02:14 PM

spool up problem

I was flying my blade 400, all was fine and I finished flight, put in another battery and heli would not spool up properly, kinda skipped amd jerked. So I assumed that my mesh was off. Checked it out but mesh was fine.I rebound heli just incase but problem persists.I switched 2 motor wires thinking they might be wrong and motor spun backwards, perfectly.I switched the 2 wires back and the stuttering reappeared.Is my esc shot? Any other things I may have overlooked?Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Nov 09, 2010, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwearsahat
Woohoo, shiny new B400 thread!

Boohoo, messy old B400 flying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p3j8WSPKw
Hi Tedhat
I cant wait until I can fly like that! How long did it take you to get to that skill level?
VP
Nov 09, 2010, 03:06 PM
subscribed
Nov 09, 2010, 03:09 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by turko
I was flying my blade 400, all was fine and I finished flight, put in another battery and heli would not spool up properly, kinda skipped amd jerked. So I assumed that my mesh was off. Checked it out but mesh was fine.I rebound heli just incase but problem persists.I switched 2 motor wires thinking they might be wrong and motor spun backwards, perfectly.I switched the 2 wires back and the stuttering reappeared.Is my esc shot? Any other things I may have overlooked?Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Usually this is caused by a short or other problem in one of the phases. The most common issue is the bullet connectors coming loose. Re-solder all the connectors (unless one is obviously bad) and try it again before you look at replacing any parts.
Nov 09, 2010, 08:06 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Sheesh, Ted! I read "Boohoo..." and got all primed and salivating, waiting for the crash that never came..... Nice flying, though!
Nov 09, 2010, 08:08 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Turko,

Jas is probably right. Sounds like you lost a phase.
Nov 10, 2010, 07:36 AM
Can't-Get-Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
Hi Tedhat
I cant wait until I can fly like that! How long did it take you to get to that skill level?
VP
Thanks VP but I am very much just an enthusiastic noob! I don't get a great deal of time to fly and in my nearly 3 years of heli ownership I have only managed to clock 302 flights on my B400 and 71 on my MSH Protos.

I think I am a relatively slow learner even relative to my limited chances to fly though the big gaps between flying sessions don't help....it took me a whole year and 70 + flights to get a stable tail in hover.

Don't be overly concerned with how long, you will get it when you get it. It's not a race and the major concern should be "am I having fun?" as this hobby will always have you on a learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1
Sheesh, Ted! I read "Boohoo..." and got all primed and salivating, waiting for the crash that never came..... Nice flying, though!

At least the field is straight see!

You want to see a crash? Check the splat on this (not a B400 so please ignore the OT content if it concerns you and also please excuse the mild curse just after impact).....

MSH Protos - Dusk Flight and Hard Crash - 03 October 2010 (2 min 34 sec)

Quick Reply