Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:44 PM
JHawk19 is offline
Find More Posts by JHawk19
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
JHawk19's Avatar
Cool. Found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They are sealed and should work @ 2x5x2.5mm.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
Buffythesaint is online now
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Registered User
If you want the best bearings, Bocca are the way to go. Expensive but top quality.

http://www.bocabearings.com/search.a...thOperator=%3d
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
JHawk19 is offline
Find More Posts by JHawk19
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
JHawk19's Avatar
More questions. My Drone is in route.

I want to place vinyl carbon fiber over the outdoor hull. Will a 12"x12" sheet be enough?

Also, does anyone know where I can get a string of flexible white LEDs in the US?

And finally, can I use these batteries for my Drone? :?:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9163
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9272
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=7309

Of course I'll need to change the connector, but will they work? :?:
Last edited by JHawk19; Dec 11, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
voxelman is offline
Find More Posts by voxelman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
And finally, can I use these batteries for my Drone? :?:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9163
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9272
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=7309

Of course I'll need to change the connector, but will they work? :?:
I sure hope so because i just bought 4 of the 1300ma and 3 of the 2200ma. I got the Mini Tamiya connectors on eBay.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:38 PM
Mheeli is offline
Find More Posts by Mheeli
Registered User
Mheeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerhead View Post
Mheeli

Thank you for reply. Are you still going to try larger motors for the AR Drone. Would you be able to change PID settings to fine tune the flight controller for different motors?
Do you know how the AR Drone motors are controlled PWM, i2c or serial? I just bought an AR Drone off of ebay and I will convert it to RC. I would not have been interested in it without your conversion.

Thank you
Larry
I want to put in bigger direct drive motors. But it could be difficult. We need to know the protocol used between the main CPU and the motor CPU. My logic analyzer from Seedstudio arrived. So I will try to sniff.

More info on the serial http://www.kapejod.org/2010/10/lets-...rial/#comments
Last edited by Mheeli; Dec 11, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
Mheeli is offline
Find More Posts by Mheeli
Registered User
Mheeli's Avatar

Why gear?


I was thinking of replacing the motor with a direct drive out runner. But I kept asking myself why Parrot choose to use gear instead of direct drive? Some of the advantages I can think of:-

- Lighter? The lighter the better as any weight gain will be multiplied by 4
- Finer and faster RPM control? This might be the secret to the Drone's stability
- Efficiency?
- Safety? The gear tooth will be stripped before your fingers are cut off?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:24 AM
SebastianJ is offline
Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Droner
SebastianJ's Avatar
This motor http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=2069 and this ESC http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4204 will do the job, the motors KV are spot on for the AR prop.
The prop might need to be drilled though.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:00 AM
Buffythesaint is online now
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Registered User
I changed the throttle dead zone from 40(default) to 50 and went outside for a test flight. It was little windy and when your off centre, the wind will blow the Drone away. The dead zone was a little too big so I'll change it to 45 and try again. The video is pretty boring but you can see the wind carry it. It did hold a hover though, in the wind. The Drone is definately a calm wind flyer. I kept the flying over the road, not sure what would happen over the snow. I don't want to mess up my Drone with snow on the electrics. The video was recorded in 1080 mode with my gopro.

RC AR Drone Outdoor Flight (4 min 32 sec)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:50 AM
mcrotor is offline
Find More Posts by mcrotor
Registered User
There has been a new release of the PCdrone control to work with Windows XP. Been playing with it trying to get my Realflight controller to work. So far I can get the controller to launch, land and change camera views but no movement in the x,y,c and z axis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheeli View Post
Version 2.1 with video downlink support uploaded to the first post. See [09Dec10] update.

As mentioned in post, there's no performance improvement over the V2.0 sketch. Only download the new sketch if you want the video downlink support.

Hopefully there are not too much bugs in this version

I am unable to test with a PC version of Freeflight as I'm still on windows XP.

If any of you have Vista or Windows 7. Can you download this PC drone control and test whether the video downlink also on PC. Thanks

Here's the direct download link
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:57 PM
luigo is offline
Find More Posts by luigo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I changed the throttle dead zone from 40(default) to 50 and went outside for a test flight. It was little windy and when your off centre, the wind will blow the Drone away. The dead zone was a little too big so I'll change it to 45 and try again. The video is pretty boring but you can see the wind carry it. It did hold a hover though, in the wind. The Drone is definately a calm wind flyer. I kept the flying over the road, not sure what would happen over the snow. I don't want to mess up my Drone with snow on the electrics. The video was recorded in 1080 mode with my gopro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9rDx23DZ3o
Nice video! But it appears that left axle is isolating or out-of-balance and you might be losing power and control there.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:09 PM
voxelman is offline
Find More Posts by voxelman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrotor View Post
There has been a new release of the PCdrone control to work with Windows XP. Been playing with it trying to get my Realflight controller to work. So far I can get the controller to launch, land and change camera views but no movement in the x,y,c and z axis.
Is there an executable version of PCdrone?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:50 AM
Buffythesaint is online now
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Mheeli. I want to thank you again for all your hard work on this mod. I have a y/j but really wanted to wait for the headers I ordered.

I will be joining you soon. Thank you for all the details .

crazy this is possible, this is going to be awesome !
Any progress on your YJ? I wish I could go outside flying, snow day. All the roads are closed here on the lake. I was told to stay at home and not come to work, I even get paid. The only problem is no flying
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:38 PM
mcrotor is offline
Find More Posts by mcrotor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxelman View Post
Is there an executable version of PCdrone?
Nothing I can find that is click and fly yet.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:39 PM
Impulze is offline
Find More Posts by Impulze
Registered User
Impulze's Avatar
Very Cold here in northern Sweden now, still no YJ in sight but the -30 degrees celsius (-22F i think) will keep the drone grounded

//Matte
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:40 PM
voxelman is offline
Find More Posts by voxelman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulze View Post
Very Cold here in northern Sweden now, still no YJ in sight but the -30 degrees celsius (-22F i think) will keep the drone grounded

//Matte
Well we could all compare how cold it is. It's 3 F (-16.11C) here in Fairfield, Iowa USA. Wind chill takes that down to -9 F (-22.78C). We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground with an under layer of ice from freezing rain. Don't you just love winter. ;^)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parrot AR.Drone range extension, need help from antenna gurus. g00bd0g FPV Talk 4 Jan 21, 2011 02:29 PM
Wanted Parrot ar drone ROCKY2 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 23 Nov 07, 2010 10:08 AM
Discussion Who s the Russian model in AR.DRONE vid? Naev Electric Heli Talk 8 Oct 12, 2010 03:32 PM
Discussion AR.Drone to carry camera gunnar-rc Aerial Photography 2 Sep 07, 2010 10:52 AM
Discussion Unboxing and First Impressions With the Parrot AR.Drone nikotttin Multirotor Talk 0 Aug 31, 2010 05:50 AM