Aug 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
DoubleTrouble
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonald
I own a set or two but no I use the newier style rims. If it didn't look dorky I'd use the new rears with the old fronts. The old fronts are stiffer and offer up more push.

D'
Do it if you would win a race or two D. Racing isn't about looks.

Double Trouble
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
I know it's the look for me. It's what pulled me into the hobby.

D'
Sep 03, 2012, 05:38 PM
Team Edge
You can race with looks and still win. I remember the team bodies we had all airburshed up before nats when I raced. Heck look at Toby and the others! There rc's are killer if you see the pictures of they're rc cars.

Robert
Sep 05, 2012, 11:04 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC
You can race with looks and still win. I remember the team bodies we had all airburshed up before nats when I raced. Heck look at Toby and the others! There rc's are killer if you see the pictures of they're rc cars.

Robert

Airbrushed bodies are fading and have for years at nationals and locally. Most like myself use custom bodies for pictures and magazine ads. As for my kart? A simple two color scheme works for me. Why? It's easy to id on the track. Simple paint with zero graphics works best for racing on all levels.

Leadhauler
Sep 08, 2012, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
I see your point Lead but kart racing isn't as physical as touring cars

D'
Sep 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Man if I had a dollar for all the times I repainted my karts or even done touchups.

JB
Sep 14, 2012, 08:50 AM
Thats Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djskiptonic
Man if I had a dollar for all the times I repainted my karts or even done touchups.

JB
+1 I reshot mine a few months ago. I'll admit the new paint won't win more races or make me faster.

Jeffgmann.
Sep 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
n2kartracing
Anyone running on concrete? If so what are you using? I'm setup for asphalt only. Thinking on hitting Roberts or Mitch's track until something opens up closer. Both run on crete I hear.

N2
Sep 22, 2012, 02:21 PM
N2 - Thats what we ran up in Nashville time before last. We used stocks and medis. They worked fine. You might wanna go with hard fronts or caps to reduce the possibilty of chunking a tire or two.

Trek
Sep 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
Team Edge
But Trek thank about temps outdoors. Full Pull and I ran, now keep in mind this is my first fall or cold spell for me here in Nashville, but, we had some issues with both asphalt and crete. I think I'm switching over to whites for back. In my opinion, pinks collected to much dust at the locations we were at. I would be the first to tell N2 to go with white rear an hard fronts.

Robert
Sep 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
Why would the weather temp make you change tires?
Sep 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
I don't see a reason to change compounds with the karts fellas because of weather. Its not as if we're hitting 9 second lap times or anything ya know?

Leadhauler
Sep 26, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hairless Monkey
Lead you need to do such for various surface conditions. You know that. Temps? thats a different thing. Colder temps softer tires if its warmer you go with firmer. Once again Lead you of all people should know that Good luck in Vegas bro!

Hairless Monkey
Sep 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
Elfie
I haven't noticed a difference in my kart.
Sep 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
number6
I use the stock compounds mostly. I do own a full set of firms but I normally use stock. If you go with softer chances are you'll chunk your tires.

Quick Reply