This thread is privately moderated by miamiracer305, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 01, 2019, 11:06 AM
sam smith01
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Old Jul 01, 2019, 11:14 AM
sam smith01
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Old Jul 05, 2019, 10:44 PM
kackankit
Nov 26, 2019, 04:46 AM

Knut the Flying Turtle

Hi.
May I introduce Knut? The flying turtle is very hard to find in the wild. So far only 2 flying specimens are known. To counteract an extinction of his species, you can find his blueprint in the files. I hope that in the future we will be able to discover some of his fellow creatures.

Here you can find a construction report (in German language) with several photos:
https://rcflug.ch/plaene/modelle_Knut.php

And here's a video of Knut:
Knut the flying Turtle and one Saurus Crassus (2 min 20 sec)

Wing span: 400 mm
Length: 565 mm
Weight: 180-200g, with 6mm-Depron
Motor: Hacker A10-9L or comparable
Propeller: 7" x 6"
Controller: 10A
Battery: 2S 300 - 1000mAh
3 servos, HiTec HS-53 or comparable

Have fun,
Peter
Nov 26, 2019, 08:46 PM
skumgummi dave
Fun flying turtle Peter. I liked the one Saurus Crassus too.

Dave-
Nov 26, 2019, 10:30 PM
Great design, don't see many things different nowadays as so much has already been done.

There was a lot of waggling however which could easily be stopped with a bigger rudder.

I couldn't understand the reinforcement on the plan (next to the rudder). Eventually i got it though, i would state on it ''NOT TO SCALE'' or at least turn it around so it is more obvious what were reinforcing. Note YOU know,,,,, but we DON'T

Love it, will make one.
Nov 28, 2019, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the first prototype wobbled. That's why I enlarged the rudders for version 2, shortened the model and added a bit more space.
The reinforcements in the engine area are helpful for collisions and landing. The photo should help to understand the reinforcements.

The Saurus Crassus is still in the optimization phase. Plans for it will follow :-)
Last edited by Peter psc; Nov 28, 2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Missed the photo
Nov 28, 2019, 02:48 PM
skumgummi dave
Cool!

Quick Reply