Dec 21, 2010, 11:27 PM
hbpd
The problem is I want the PNP, I don't need the junk radio. They should have a new stock before to long. I'll just have to jump on it when I see it!

In the mean time I'll keep my eye on what you guy's are doing.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBPD
The problem is I want the PNP, I don't need the junk radio. They should have a new stock before to long. I'll just have to jump on it when I see it!

In the mean time I'll keep my eye on what you guy's are doing.
Just pull the receiver like i did and install receiver of your choice, i have never seen a pnp version at Nitroplanes, or anywhere else....Zagi
Dec 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Grayson had them for $130 without tx/rx, batt. But they're out.

Buy the Nitro for $25 more - the Dynam battery is worth that much. Toss out the "junk" radio and it's still a good buy. Actually the radio is OK.

I just ordered one from Nitro, bought the Meteor (Habu knockoff) also.
Last edited by dbc; Dec 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Dec 31, 2010, 10:33 AM
i flew mine for the first time yesterday. a few bugs to work out from the maiden but otherwise it's a nice flying jet. i attempted to install the flaps but i botched the job of cutting them out. it almost looked like they were glued into the wing?

philip at www.pw-rc.com has them in stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtT8R...mment_received
Dec 31, 2010, 11:06 AM
dbc
dbc
dbc
I've had mine for a couple of days but haven't assembled it yet. It looks very nice. One of the fans is rubbing the housing and I'll have to resolve that. Otherwise, I really like the looks of it.

I've been working on assembling and preping the Meteor which I got at the same time, These are my 6th and 7th Dynam planes.

Thanks for posting the video, Rob. It's got me motivated to get going on it!
Dec 31, 2010, 11:16 AM
you're welcome!

the fans on mine were also rubbing against the sides of the ducts. i balanced them and they now run great. i am going to add a bit of nose weight. even though it balanced per the manual you can see during some of the passes that it acts a bit tail heavy. doing that and working on the nosewheel a should make the jet a great flyer. it definatly needs power all the way down to touch down.

good luck with yours!

rob
Last edited by rob737; Dec 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Dec 31, 2010, 03:02 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737
you're welcome!

the fans on mine were also rubbing against the sides of the ducts. i balanced them and they now run great. i am going to add a bit of nose weight. even though it balanced per the manual you can see during some of the passes that it acts a bit tail heavy. doing that and working on the nosewheel a should make the jet a great flyer. it definatly needs power all the way down to touch down.

good luck with yours!

rob
You got me motivated.
It does look and sound better than my sf learjet.
My Citation is all put together and radio installed. Only thing, I was going to cut down some of the landing gear so it doesn't look like on stilts.

Rob
Jan 17, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering: Is it normal for one of the fans of the turbojet to come on a bit later than the other when I slowly increase the throttle?

Thanks,
Cian
Jan 18, 2011, 08:11 AM
Hey Zagi crazee,

could you please post a pic of your modded canopy.
That's the only thing i don't like with this plane next to way to high gears.

Thank you

M
Jan 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
Huge member!
Hi guys,Im thinking about pulling the trigger on this one. Has anyone installed electric retracts in this bird yet? Brutus
Jan 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Brutus, I am in the process of doing it now, i got changesun servoless ones, having to do some mods to make them fit, have not got to the front one yet which has to be set up for steering + retract, i am new to this as i have never done retracts before, you have to bend the wires 90 degrees for the wheels, i am a little nervous, you have to get them both the same so it does not set crooked, i did install flaps, that went good.... Zagi
Feb 03, 2011, 07:35 AM
Change Sun servoless retracts now installed, was a little work but they work nice jet is now finally complete with flaps and retracts!...........Zagi
Feb 08, 2011, 04:40 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Not much action in this thread lately.

I've just now gotten going on my build and it looks to be very straightforward. Hope to have it ready to maiden in the next few days.

Anyone still flying this have any observations about the build, and/or fllight characteristics?
Feb 11, 2011, 04:48 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
I've gotten this tub ready to maiden but I'm having a hard time getting the CG far enough forward to fall within the recommendation. Anyone had this issue? Will it fly ok right at the 60mm rearward CG?
Feb 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
dcb, i just put the battery all the way to the front,and fly, i have had no problems doing that, in fact i am going to go out right now and try out my new retracts, it finally has warmed up here in MN 25 degrees no wind at 8:10 A.M. Zagi.

Quick Reply