Jun 12, 2016, 05:29 PM
Mach One
Thank you - looks really cool. better not switch it on in flight
Jun 12, 2016, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
Thank you - looks really cool. better not switch it on in flight

Thank you.
youre right, better not to do this. The thrust ist not enough for a Harrier-Landing.
:-)
Jun 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
Looks great! So I won't do it, per your review. Still looks good!
Jun 12, 2016, 11:05 PM
had the 550 down due to Dx9 issues. But it's back up an running again. Now I can finish this bird up. Can seem to find my Spektrum Dx9 decals. I had them and then the maid came on friday. No more decals. Hmmm. I was going to make it bright orange and silver with some black in it. Decals would have made it look nice. Have a safe Monday!
Jun 13, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLCouch
had the 550 down due to Dx9 issues. But it's back up an running again. Now I can finish this bird up. Can seem to find my Spektrum Dx9 decals. I had them and then the maid came on friday. No more decals. Hmmm. I was going to make it bright orange and silver with some black in it. Decals would have made it look nice. Have a safe Monday!
very nice !
I would paint white the interspace between the cockpitwindows
Silver, orange and black ? Like a retro American Airlines Astrojet ? Why not...
Jun 13, 2016, 07:42 AM
Fly and let Fly!
SFLCouch.... DX9 issues?
Jun 13, 2016, 02:28 PM
Here's three more pictures. I'm thinking of painting the top of the wings like the elevators. Not sure. Maybe some orange lines or silver ones.
Jun 13, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Here's three more pictures. I'm thinking of painting the top of the wings like the elevators. Not sure. Maybe some orange lines or silver ones.
yessss, inboards silver and orange on tips with fine black lines. maybe arrow-shaped with beginning at the nose like this sign < and continue at wings ( 5cm width ?) .

....i know, i am little bit crazy...;-)
Jun 13, 2016, 06:24 PM
Mach One
Quote:
I like the orange paint job. I would have probably painted the silver - as it looks like a hard area to wrap with any foil or etc.

What kind of paint did you use?
Jun 13, 2016, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
I like the orange paint job. I would have probably painted the silver - as it looks like a hard area to wrap with any foil or etc.

What kind of paint did you use?
I wrapped the nacelles only. It was my first try doing it! (and looks it) LOL That's why I painted the rest. I just used Gloss real Orange, 2X ultra Cover by Rust-oleum. Same with the metal grey. Ended up painting the wings grey and added orange to the tips. Thats about all my artistic ability.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:28 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Practice makes perfect..!! An excuse to get and do more planes.!! Looks good..!!
Jun 13, 2016, 08:58 PM
Mach One
Quote:
I wrapped the nacelles only. It was my first try doing it! (and looks it) LOL That's why I painted the rest. I just used Gloss real Orange, 2X ultra Cover by Rust-oleum. Same with the metal grey. Ended up painting the wings grey and added orange to the tips. Thats about all my artistic ability.
Nice job! Did you prepare the surface with anything?
Jun 14, 2016, 12:48 AM
really nice to see !

How about with a flag at the rudder instead of the Dynam Sticker ?
Jun 14, 2016, 12:58 AM
Have not previously dared ORACOVER to use , since it also is not cheap if you messed up the film .

Quick Reply