Jun 26, 2021, 02:45 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzx
My Summit has two steering servos. The traxxas receiver has one on each channel. Is there a reason I cant just "Y" the 2 servos together and plug them into one single channel on my personal receiver? Do they each draw a lot of current and that is why they are on separate channels?
I use a Y lead for the two steering servos to run both from one channel…….no problem……in fact, you need to do it if running a gyro on the steering…..which, by the way, I have fitted between the front seats.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2021, 02:50 PM
Hi All, had a request to create the rear accessory cage. You can find it here - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4916965 - I've not had time to personally print it, so if anyone does, happy to take feedback to improve further
Jul 26, 2021, 07:24 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet126
Hi All, had a request to create the rear accessory cage. You can find it here - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4916965 - I've not had time to personally print it, so if anyone does, happy to take feedback to improve further
Nice design work……but for ease of printing, I would suggest that you lift the top of the cage to match the top of the forward portion of the rack…..this would enable you to print up-side-down.
Also, as a user of a spare wheel rack, you would be better to make the downturned flange about 20mm down into the load area to reduce the chance of it being pulled off the truck
Jul 26, 2021, 12:22 PM
The cage is two pieces and screws together for easy printing. I can add more meat on the flange (truck side) though, that's an easy update and a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Nice design work……but for ease of printing, I would suggest that you lift the top of the cage to match the top of the forward portion of the rack…..this would enable you to print up-side-down.
Also, as a user of a spare wheel rack, you would be better to make the downturned flange about 20mm down into the load area to reduce the chance of it being pulled off the truck
Jul 27, 2021, 03:18 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet126
The cage is two pieces and screws together for easy printing. I can add more meat on the flange (truck side) though, that's an easy update and a good idea
Ok….sorry, I should have opened the thingyverse file…..but one piece would be stronger…..I’ve ripped mine off many times, so now have it screwed onto the Tonka body.
Aug 02, 2021, 05:29 PM
Zzx
Zzx

Zzx's Tonka Summit overview

I did my first drive and an overview of my build.
Drive footage to come soon, take a look at the overview video in the meantime.

RC Tonka Summit Rover Overview (4 min 55 sec)
Aug 03, 2021, 03:28 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzx
I did my first drive and an overview of my build.
Drive footage to come soon, take a look at the overview video in the meantime.

https://youtu.be/zp07urfz6GE
Nice work…..and a good video to explain everything…..can’t wait to see the drive video……
Aug 03, 2021, 05:23 AM
Tonka Summit Novice
Wow.... looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do on this thread.

Had my TS out this weekend at the Iconic RC revival meeting

ICONIC RC REVIVAL 2021 TONKA SUMMIT TOUR (25 min 56 sec)
Aug 08, 2021, 07:12 PM
Zzx
Zzx
First adventure, short and sweet.

Zzx's Tonka Summit Rover, adventure 1. The woods. (2 min 34 sec)
Aug 09, 2021, 10:18 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzx
First adventure, short and sweet.

https://youtu.be/kQti7dqSuDs
Camera was nice and steady…..no vibration…..but driving in woods, always a nightmare……I lost my truck once, I drove passed where I was standing, in the same direction that I was facing, I thought that I was driving in a straight line away from me, just steering around the trees and carrying straight on, then realised that I was lost, I took the goggles off and started searching for it, after 20 minutes I found it 50 feet behind where I had set up the GS….somehow I had driven in a complete loop….…after that I added a 120db siren and gps….

What are you using for video transmission?…..were you far from your GS?
Aug 09, 2021, 09:43 PM
Zzx
Zzx
Quote:
Camera was nice and steady…..no vibration…..but driving in woods, always a nightmare……I lost my truck once, I drove passed where I was standing, in the same direction that I was facing, I thought that I was driving in a straight line away from me, just steering around the trees and carrying straight on, then realised that I was lost, I took the goggles off and started searching for it, after 20 minutes I found it 50 feet behind where I had set up the GS….somehow I had driven in a complete loop….…after that I added a 120db siren and gps….

What are you using for video transmission?…..were you far from your GS?
I'm familiar with this location so no concern of getting lost, but for the future I'm considering a GPS.

In this case I had the antenna/reciever on a roof .
RMRC 900MHz-1.3Ghz VRX
1.3 patch antenna
+diversity with
1.3 Circular polarized antenna

Transmitter:
RMRC - 1.3GHz 800mW Video Transmitter
1280 Antenna

The way the crow flies this was not far, maybe 250feet. The trees kill the signal quick.

Also I'm trying to keep my blog up to date:
Zzx's Blog
Aug 19, 2021, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcXmartin
Wow.... looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do on this thread.

Had my TS out this weekend at the Iconic RC revival meeting

https://youtu.be/0sdLht_AbVE
Likewise Martin, its been such a long time since being on this thread,
Well we are in lockdown here in NZ , maybe for next month, so what better time to drag Coyote out of storage and have some fun.. been too long!.. upon powering up i found no video link, so got the bonnet up and roof off to source problem, which turned out to be the video TX, replaced and now put her back together again and get some runs in around the farm and get some vids posted finally!
Good to see your still here helping everyone Brian, be great to catch up again.
Aug 20, 2021, 02:30 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirekid
Likewise Martin, its been such a long time since being on this thread,
Well we are in lockdown here in NZ , maybe for next month, so what better time to drag Coyote out of storage and have some fun.. been too long!.. upon powering up i found no video link, so got the bonnet up and roof off to source problem, which turned out to be the video TX, replaced and now put her back together again and get some runs in around the farm and get some vids posted finally!
Good to see your still here helping everyone Brian, be great to catch up again.
Hi mate…..great to hear that you are up and running again, I guess that the road trip is over. Looking forward to seeing New Zealand from 10” above the ground…..
Aug 20, 2021, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Hi mate…..great to hear that you are up and running again, I guess that the road trip is over. Looking forward to seeing New Zealand from 10” above the ground…..
Hey mate,, good to hear from ya, yep really looking forward to doing some video and driving, i think ive sorted problem with video link, but on doing test run today i noticed the shocks are really soft, so thinking new oil is needed, thoughts? still will give her a burst tomorrow thou , just have to watch falling over on hard corners, lol..
Aug 20, 2021, 05:19 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirekid
Hey mate,, good to hear from ya, yep really looking forward to doing some video and driving, i think ive sorted problem with video link, but on doing test run today i noticed the shocks are really soft, so thinking new oil is needed, thoughts? still will give her a burst tomorrow thou , just have to watch falling over on hard corners, lol..
Looking good Les…..now the video…..

Quick Reply