Thread Tools
Feb 24, 2020, 06:53 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpasl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKxUCCjsa8 Here is a video of Tonka Summit project part 3.
Interesting video......but I知 not sure if your body/chassis attachment is that good, as it looks as if you have to reach down inside the truck to attach the body pins.......could do with a couple of photos to see the attachments to understand it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2020, 02:24 PM
Registered User
jdpasl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Interesting video......but I知 not sure if your body/chassis attachment is that good, as it looks as if you have to reach down inside the truck to attach the body pins.......could do with a couple of photos to see the attachments to understand it.

Leave clips on all body posts in second hole (bottom hole) then put Tonka body on it and put clips on all body posts in first hole (top hole).

8 body clips total. That is simple. Hold the Tonka body very very well.
Feb 24, 2020, 03:34 PM
Registered User
jdpasl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Interesting video......but I知 not sure if your body/chassis attachment is that good, as it looks as if you have to reach down inside the truck to attach the body pins.......could do with a couple of photos to see the attachments to understand it.

Here is a video for you!

Tonka Summit FPV project part 4 (2 min 15 sec)
Feb 24, 2020, 05:01 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpasl
Here is a video for you!

https://youtu.be/Htbg0KBIBWE
Thanks for that......works very well......but only until you start filling the rear area up with wiring etc......then it will be very difficult to get your hand into the area to pop in the clips......I知 afraid that the RockApe is absolutely full both there and in the engine bay............but if you plan to keep everything simple (or tidy) then it should work great.

It looks as if you have cut a lot out of the floor.......do you intend to cover it or leave it open?
Feb 24, 2020, 05:26 PM
Registered User
jdpasl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Thanks for that......works very well......but only until you start filling the rear area up with wiring etc......then it will be very difficult to get your hand into the area to pop in the clips......I知 afraid that the RockApe is absolutely full both there and in the engine bay............but if you plan to keep everything simple (or tidy) then it should work great.

It looks as if you have cut a lot out of the floor.......do you intend to cover it or leave it open?
Leave it open. I have 6 inches extension cables for all servos and ESC. No problem.
Feb 25, 2020, 03:40 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpasl
Leave it open. I have 6 inches extension cables for all servos and ESC. No problem.
You are going to get a lot of mud, dust, sand and water thrown up into the cabin and onto the camera.......whatever you use in there it isn’t going to be waterproof, as is the case with the chassis.......even where the wiring goes into the body from the chassis, I have them going through rubber grommets.......and the hole cut for the motor and transmission is covered to seal it from the chassis.
Last edited by FPVsummituk; Feb 25, 2020 at 03:53 AM.
Feb 25, 2020, 04:14 PM
Registered User
jdpasl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
You are going to get a lot of mud, dust, sand and water thrown up into the cabin and onto the camera.......whatever you use in there it isn稚 going to be waterproof, as is the case with the chassis.......even where the wiring goes into the body from the chassis, I have them going through rubber grommets.......and the hole cut for the motor and transmission is covered to seal it from the chassis.

Well, that is good idea. I am going to figure it out to protect them when I am done with project. I am still need to do wiring for video switcher, BEC, pan tilt camera mount with servos, servo for steering wheel, servo for driver's moving arm and another fpv camera for rear view. I don't have GI JOE guy and Barbie yet!
Feb 27, 2020, 04:42 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpasl
Well, that is good idea. I am going to figure it out to protect them when I am done with project. I am still need to do wiring for video switcher, BEC, pan tilt camera mount with servos, servo for steering wheel, servo for driver's moving arm and another fpv camera for rear view. I don't have GI JOE guy and Barbie yet!
Sounds like lots to do............but worth it in the end.

The floor is a piece of plastic cut from the main body of a large pop bottle and stuck in place, then covered with adhesive backed felt to look like the carpet.

A lot of what you intend to do is highlighted in my blog......check out https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ar-view-camera
Feb 27, 2020, 12:16 PM
Registered User
Been dreaming Fpv Tonka Summit since day 1 I saw Traxxalu and fpvsummituk video, and the day finally come! Care to watch and see if any comments for improvement?��(like video stability etc)

Fpv Tonka Summit with DJI FPV System (1 min 52 sec)
Feb 27, 2020, 03:29 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Gramps50's Avatar
Looking good @nakedflyer the video was nice and steady. I really like the mirrors you have on your TS. Where did you pick those up?
Feb 27, 2020, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Looking good @nakedflyer the video was nice and steady. I really like the mirrors you have on your TS. Where did you pick those up?
Thanks man, I picked up the mirrors from local seller here in Indonesia, it's a blind spot mirror for real car, you may want the smallest as possible for tonka
Feb 28, 2020, 03:17 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedflyer
Been dreaming Fpv Tonka Summit since day 1 I saw Traxxalu and fpvsummituk video, and the day finally come! Care to watch and see if any comments for improvement?��(like video stability etc)

https://youtu.be/-O7QPbu2xEE
Welcome to the thread nakedflyer.......nice to see that we致e got a new recruit from your part of the world.
Camera looks very stable......nice build......I look forward to seeing more of your videos.......
Feb 28, 2020, 05:16 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Gramps50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Looking good @nakedflyer the video was nice and steady. I really like the mirrors you have on your TS. Where did you pick those up?
Are they about 50 mm x 50 mm on the long sides?
Feb 29, 2020, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Welcome to the thread nakedflyer.......nice to see that we致e got a new recruit from your part of the world.
Camera looks very stable......nice build......I look forward to seeing more of your videos.......
Thanks man, your video inspired me to make one! Sadly can't find anyone here with same thing. And I will keep on sharing and improving the videos!
Feb 29, 2020, 07:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Are they about 50 mm x 50 mm on the long sides?
Hmm I forgot what size they are, but once I go home I'll check it out


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools