I would think that even this would fall under the 1st Amendment - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 03, 2010, 10:16 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
Discussion

I would think that even this would fall under the 1st Amendment


I may not like what he has to say, but I think he does have the right to say it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Then again, Youtube is a privately owned company and can set its own standards for speech... interesting.
Nov 03, 2010, 10:23 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
JohnnyDeluxe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
Then again, Youtube is a privately owned company and can set its own standards for speech... interesting.
Just like what has been argued on this very site (RCG). Juan Williams on the other hand...
Nov 03, 2010, 10:42 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I may not like what he has to say, but I think he does have the right to say it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Then again, Youtube is a privately owned company and can set its own standards for speech... interesting.
Ive no problem with it (the decision to censor him) under the Logic of not being able to yell fire in a crowded theater , or speach designed to rally people into committing crimes . This Terrorist's speach - Imploring his fellow islams to Jihad against the west , directly falls under the second component of my first sentence . If his followers follow his directives , people WILL die - i can see NO better reason to pull his garbage off the Net than that

Oh , and before Im called an "Islamaphobe" , let me state here and now that if it was a Christian , Buddist , or any other religious group attempting to advocate the killing of people , Id be FINE with that speach being censured as well

Once lives are being threatened , it no longer even remotly resembles speach that ought to be free
Last edited by init4fun; Nov 03, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Nov 03, 2010, 10:47 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
Not so sure I'd buy that argument ... yeah ... you'd probably have a point in a court of law though.
Nov 03, 2010, 10:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun
Oh , and before Im called an "Islamaphobe" , let me state here and now that if it was a Christian , Buddist , or any other religious group attempting to advocate the killing of people , Id be FINE with that speach being censured as well
Yup.

Somethings go beyond the blah blah blah part and the drone of words. And then it isn't a speech anymore. Or at least I wouldn't describe it as a speech.
Nov 03, 2010, 10:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
Yup.

Somethings go beyond the blah blah blah part and the drone of words. And then it isn't a speech anymore. Or at least I wouldn't describe it as a speech.
Yes Sir my Friend , their rights to free speach end when that speach advocates murder . I know it may sound "heavy Handed" on the surface , but I just wont beleive the Right to criticize your Government ( which IS free speach !) , and advocating murder and mayhem (which darned well deserves to be banned), both live under the same protection of the First Amendment .
Nov 03, 2010, 11:49 PM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
CashRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun
Yes Sir my Friend , their rights to free speach end when that speach advocates murder . I know it may sound "heavy Handed" on the surface , but I just wont beleive the Right to criticize your Government ( which IS free speach !) , and advocating murder and mayhem (which darned well deserves to be banned), both live under the same protection of the First Amendment .
And again, on LTUP no less..we have an example of common sense. Outstanding!!
Y'know, I'd be willing to bet even money on the left and right on this board coming to agreement more often than our elected "officials"..
Anyway, I'm going to bed, hopefully I'll dream about Isky cams, Stude 289s and old timers with Nelsons in the nose..
Cash
Nov 04, 2010, 04:41 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
I think it's always a mistake to censor - let fools make fools of themselves - it works against them
Nov 04, 2010, 06:21 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
I think it's always a mistake to censor - let fools make fools of themselves - it works against them
Oh Lord, please use your infinite wisdom to help me hold my tongue...
Nov 04, 2010, 06:35 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Censorship is a slippery slope. Political and religious thought usually end up being censored when he hammer falls.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Nov 04, 2010, 06:42 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I may not like what he has to say, but I think he does have the right to say it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Then again, Youtube is a privately owned company and can set its own standards for speech... interesting.
You answered the question yourself.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "free speech" and everything to do with a private company setting it's own standards of decency.

What I find funny is that anyone can look at what goes on in America and looks for a problem that doesn't exist when the entire rest of the world practices forced censoring based upon political speech (the speech that was singled out to be "free" in the Constitution of America) and never care or say a word about it.
It's only we Americans who are expected to be held to any kind of standard at all, but the rest of the world gets a free pass.

Although, I have to admit that much of that isn't the fault of the observer because, if you think about it, the observer isn't allowed to observe the constrictions of foreign "free speech" by the very nature of the censorship.

That which has not been seen cannot be reported. And that, of course, is the purpose of censoring by governments such as in the Middle East and the newly oppressive South American countries.

Funnier yet, we here in America are so obsessed with "free speech" that wacky people have to make up wild stories of non-existent events and then they make up the additional wacky story that their theories are "proven" true but are being repressed because our government suppresses all this "free speech". The funny part is that these wacky people get to mouth off with no censorship at all by the same government that they accuse of censoring "the truth".
Go figger'.
Nov 04, 2010, 07:01 AM
Registered User

To All


You free this, or Gov is the best at type people.your choices of freedom only seems to ring true if it fits your brand of freedom.well what is your brand? To the gov worshipers, its let daddy gov. take care of me cradle to grave.to most of you Rinos, since i,m a Conservative Libertarian.Ill just take the closest easy look. The Drug War. you rinos stop so short of freedom you stink to heavens gates. Freedom of speech is also encompassed by that statement too. if you look back at a few earlier post on this subject, I stated my body my choice. that is also speech too. Id like you to really think if you have the right to say what i can say or do or not then ask yourself, Would you allow someone else to adopt there view of life to rule yours. Facts are unless you agree with me you to are a neo______. Freedom of speech protects the worst case speech, not the best.This also includes bolstering ranks to kill whoom ever we deem as evil. In a privet board yes you can stifle it, true.but i,m shure ill get the hacks that think they can legeslate morality.
Nov 04, 2010, 07:15 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
You answered the question yourself.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "free speech" and everything to do with a private company setting it's own standards of decency.

What I find funny is that anyone can look at what goes on in America and looks for a problem that doesn't exist when the entire rest of the world practices forced censoring based upon political speech (the speech that was singled out to be "free" in the Constitution of America) and never care or say a word about it.
It's only we Americans who are expected to be held to any kind of standard at all, but the rest of the world gets a free pass.

Although, I have to admit that much of that isn't the fault of the observer because, if you think about it, the observer isn't allowed to observe the constrictions of foreign "free speech" by the very nature of the censorship.

That which has not been seen cannot be reported. And that, of course, is the purpose of censoring by governments such as in the Middle East and the newly oppressive South American countries.

Funnier yet, we here in America are so obsessed with "free speech" that wacky people have to make up wild stories of non-existent events and then they make up the additional wacky story that their theories are "proven" true but are being repressed because our government suppresses all this "free speech". The funny part is that these wacky people get to mouth off with no censorship at all by the same government that they accuse of censoring "the truth".Go figger'.
There is a limit to how intelligent a person can be.....no so with stupidity.....it is boundless
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Nov 04, 2010, 07:23 AM
Low, slow and dirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I may not like what he has to say, but I think he does have the right to say it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Then again, Youtube is a privately owned company and can set its own standards for speech... interesting.


This just proves the fact that the MAJORITY of this religion are all Killers , nothing but , always have, and always will be.
Why the world even lets them out of their own country, to infest other countries is beyond me!
Nov 04, 2010, 07:32 AM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
Oh Lord, please use your infinite wisdom to help me hold my tongue...
Don't worry. It didn't need to be said out loud anyway. Everyone else was thinking exactly the same thing.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion This might slow down LiPo shipments even more.. livonia bob Batteries and Chargers 24 Oct 22, 2010 09:14 AM
Discussion And here we were told our civil liberties would be protected under the Dems ... logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 25 Oct 11, 2010 08:53 AM
Discussion Gun Control: So You Didn't Think the Dems Would Do It? Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 48 Sep 09, 2010 08:16 PM
Discussion So even though the 2nd amendment means what it says... lrsudog Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 Apr 02, 2008 04:33 PM
Question Do You Think This Will Last For Even One Flight? Kenny Sharp Flying Wings 16 Feb 12, 2007 05:07 PM