Jul 23, 2014, 06:27 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmel
I sent a message to Gunner, but figured I might ask here. Has anyone been able to create a model for the new AS3X version of the P51 micro parkzone? The old version has the full wing ailerons, and the new one does not. Personally I think the sim does not fly like my plane, and I think it's because of the older model in the sim.
Jmel, feel free to use the airplane editor to make the model fly more like yours. However, there is nothing in the flight physics of RCDP that provides for AS3X modeling. You'll jut need to make it fly less twitchy. Please be sure and share your updates with the rest of us. -- ggunners
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2014, 06:55 AM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
Jmel, feel free to use the airplane editor to make the model fly more like yours. However, there is nothing in the flight physics of RCDP that provides for AS3X modeling. You'll jut need to make it fly less twitchy. Please be sure and share your updates with the rest of us. -- ggunners
Thanks for the reply! I'm not good at all at modeling...I took a look at the editor a few nights ago, and noticed that the values are beyond those of the sliders, so I hopped out. I still don't understand the physics well enough to know what I'm changing.

I didn't expect the AS3X to be in there, but I figured that there was a power difference and/or the difference with the full wing ailerons... Maybe that doesn't make a difference?

Also, and maybe it's me... but with that p51 I can never seem to fly 'straight' without having to adjust to the left or right... the plane always wants to drift one way or the other.
Jul 23, 2014, 09:01 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Drifting left/right can be cured with an increase in dihedral effect.
Mar 16, 2015, 01:52 PM
Is anyone still making plans for RCdesk ?
Mar 16, 2015, 01:55 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Easy enough to do. You can work with any 3D software that outputs to Directx. Airplane models from FMS are easy to convert using Metasequoia LE, free 3D software. And there's a tutorial for creating your own models. All it takes is time.
May 18, 2015, 03:12 PM
I've been trying to find a copy of the BMI version but everylink leads back to the home page and there is no download available.has it been discontinued? Is there an update of RCDP due at anytime? I would dearly love to have the water in the sim,great for my favourite type of plane, flying boats
May 18, 2015, 04:29 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
I have a copy of the BMI flight sim on my web page. I do not want to incur extra bandwidth charges for such a large download. I will PM you the link.

Davy Loots, the sim's author, is not expecting to provide any updates unless another vendor wants their own flight sim like BMI.

-- ggunners
May 19, 2015, 01:55 PM
Many thanks GGunners,got it up and running and very pleased.I've just read this entire thread from start to finish and have to say I'm greatly indebted to the wonderful designers who have taken the time and effort to put together such amazing models.I'm a big fan of WW1 aviation so the models posted by Looooooe are a big hit for me and alot of fun to fly.If i can figure out how to "make" a model I think the float version of the Avro 504 is a must!.

Now back to the Trainer for a lot more practise(and fun!)
May 21, 2015, 04:21 AM
if you be so kind, I could load it to my Google Drive to share.
May 22, 2015, 09:31 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Sent you a PM.
May 23, 2015, 12:15 AM
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...k0&usp=sharing
my Google Drive, RCdeskTop, BMI and all the addon planes and airports
Jul 01, 2015, 08:01 PM
Heli Bouncer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryghtblade
Many thanks GGunners,got it up and running and very pleased.I've just read this entire thread from start to finish and have to say I'm greatly indebted to the wonderful designers who have taken the time and effort to put together such amazing models.I'm a big fan of WW1 aviation so the models posted by Looooooe are a big hit for me and alot of fun to fly.If i can figure out how to "make" a model I think the float version of the Avro 504 is a must!.

Now back to the Trainer for a lot more practise(and fun!)
I have an AVRO 504 converted from Fighter Squadron WWI combat sim, It's in .ac format though, and my MQO2AC Blender python has been reluctant lately to convert.

Nov 27, 2015, 12:21 AM
Permanently Banned
How does one make a model water-flyable? I have gone through the editor, and I cannot find anything. Thanks!