Oct 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
Heli Bouncer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Nice! I am having a hard time with the Caudron but I think that is because my controller didn't calibrate correctly. They are both sharp looking planes.

I've flown my Eastbourne model (Tritle). My model flies very much slower and has much less loading than the model here. Some day I'll tweak the params here and see if I can get the simulator closer to my experience.
Well you have to remember that these are closer to giant scale models, both the Eastbourne and the Caudron are nearly 2 meters in wingspan. so they are larger than the 36" Trittle parkflyer kit. Careful opening these and my other models in Aircraft Editor because of their big wing areas, they're much more likely to crash the editor.

The Caudron is set up with low roll response because it is in particular a fairly high weight to area wing loading, (for it's time..) wing warping plane. They didn't have a lot of roll authority, so coordinate your turns with mostly rudder, if you do adjust something I'd increase the dihedral authority some. Keep it's speed up, don't get into a highly banked turn while climbing.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2012, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
Is there a decent autogyro for this that's reasonably accurate in behavior? Cuz I'm building this thing and want the feel for it before I drag it out to a paved lot.
Dec 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
Requires Further Research :)

Request MP EasyGlider

The Multiplex EasyGlider is on of my favorite simulator planes, one of the few that fly for a long time before I crash, can somebody please point me to a download if it already exists, or can somebody convert one from another sim over to RCDeskPilot format, please.
Dec 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-Slow-Thumbs
The Multiplex EasyGlider is on of my favorite simulator planes,
one of the few that fly for a long time before I crash, can somebody please point me to a download if
it already exists, or can somebody convert one from another sim over to RCDeskPilot format, please.
Do not have files for RC Dekpilot, but for those wishing to convert any or all of the Multiplex model files, refer:
. FMS Program and Multiplex Models for FMS

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Jan 18, 2013, 11:40 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer

New FMS PT-17 Stearman

Hello Desk Flyers,

Here's a new PT-17 Stearman which looks great with the
baby blue fuse and yellow wings. Hope you like it.

FMS PT-17 Stearman

Material: Durable EPO

- Wing Span: 1,050mm ( 41.3in )
- Length: 850mm ( 33.5in )
- Flying Weight: 1,060g ( 37.39 oz. )
- Servo: 9g Servo x 4
- Motor: 3536-KV850 Powerful Out runner Brushless Motor
- ESC: 35A Brushless ESC
- Propeller: 11X7 2 Blade Propeller With Spinner
- Battery: Li-Po 11.1V

Good Flying! -- ggunners
Jan 24, 2013, 04:28 AM

New Parrot AR Drone 2.0

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums but wanted to share a model I've been working on. I have a Parrot AR Drone that has been modified using the "Macgyver" mod to allow it to be controlled with a standard Spektrum transmitter. I've been wishing there was some sort of simulator for this thing and when I started playing around with the outstanding RC Desk Pilot I discovered that the Tiger (coax) heli feels almost identical to the AR Drone 2.0. Nice, but I wanted the look of the drone with the quad-props, so I went to work finding a AR Drone 3D model that I could modify to stick on top of the Tiger (coax) flight model, turning it into a nice quad-prop.

So here you have it:

Parrot AR Drone 2

Please take a look and send me any feedback (especially you AR Drone pilots out there that have modded your drones to use a standard RC controller).
Jan 24, 2013, 03:55 PM
Blue Skies
I'm hoping this is the right forum to ask a question about getting the RC Desk Pilot to work. I had it installed for a month or so and it was working well. Then I started getting errors about the DirectX. I reinstalled DirectX version 9 or tried to but not sure where it goes (directory). It worked 1 day and not since. Still get the error message and have uninstalled RCDP and reinstalled it. I don't see DirectX as a program to uninstall but I do have the file to install it downloaded. I need help! Thanks in advance for any advice.
Don
P.S. I use a Home Vista machine
Jan 24, 2013, 07:25 PM

Directx errors

Don, I always try googling the exact error messages that I see to get an idea what others have done to solve the same problem. Any luck with that approach?
Jan 26, 2013, 10:01 PM
Blue Skies

error codes with DirectX ver 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02DropTopM3
Don, I always try googling the exact error messages that I see to get an idea what others have done to solve the same problem. Any luck with that approach?
Thanks for the tip. I went in to get the error code and IT WORKS! I've restarted and shut down the computer a few times more than usual this past week. Had to calibrate a few times and it works perfectly. Next time it bombs I'll try the google search.
Don
Feb 02, 2013, 10:55 PM
Anyone have a tricopter for desktop pilot to practice flying with?
Feb 05, 2013, 01:42 AM
Closed Account
Davy,

I've been using r/c desk pilot, now, for a few years. I do, of course, have one gripe...I fly my sailplanes in very adverse weather conditions..ie,... 20+mph winds /rain/ snow/ ice/ clouds and have been waiting for over a year now, for you to add different weather effects to this great simulator. It would be wonderful, if we could have rolling clouds that one could actually fly in and about...altimeter readings...speed sensors...user defined weather conditions, such as how hard/soft, it could rain/snow. This is a vid of what I like to do and how I would like to it on the flight sim of r/c desk pilot.
Parkzone Radian Reaching For The Clouds.wmv (14 min 52 sec)
Feb 22, 2013, 04:38 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer

New Grumman F9F-2 Panther

Hello RC Desk flyers,

I just converted my FMS model for RC Desk Pilot and thought
you would like to try it out.

Grumman F9F-2 Panther

Notes: This version of the F9F had the straight wing unlike the follow
on F9F with the swept wing called the Cougar. Panthers were the
first carrier jets to see action in the Korean war.

RC Groups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1309643
Vendor: http://www.valuehobby.com/f9f-panthe...ver-ready.html
HobbyLobby Video:
Hobby-Lobby F9F Panther - Test Flight 1-23-2011 (3 min 52 sec)

Freewing F9F Panther
Span: 685mm (27in)
Length: 730mm (28.7in)
Weight: 552g (19.5oz)
Durable EPO Construction
64mm EDF using 4300Kv outrunner brushless motor
3-cell 11.1V 1500mAh-2200mAh LiPO at least 20C
30A speed control with BEC
3 - 9 gram servos

I hope you enjoy flying this model. Please let me know if
it needs any changes. -- ggunners
Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
I just downloaded it and flew it and I really like it, I dont see nothing bad about it!
Feb 23, 2013, 08:52 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
We need more jets!
Apr 22, 2013, 10:48 PM

Model idea/request

Hi all,
If anyone is wanting to make another plane, maybe a P-39? it's my favourite warbird. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Quick Reply