Phoenix (Phantom) 6010 3ch micro coax with gyro - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 07, 2010, 11:32 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
Nice vid. Control of the tail seems very digital and exact, like on a good S107. How's the piro rate on this one? I have a Falcon, so the one with the gears high, and this spins like crazy. You really have to be gently on the rudder with it, or it will do a 180 or 360 instead of a curve. You can even use this to go into forward flight, make it spin 360 and continue in the same direction as if nothing happened. Takes some practice to get the timing right, but it looks cool when you pull it off. The Eagle/Phoenix seems a little less squirelly on the rudder judging by this vid. Can you show some fast piros?

Sound seems quite friendly, which is big thing when you fly it in a house with others that are not such heli addicts, and tend to find the whining sound of most 3 channels annoying. The S107 is not noisy, and the Falcon also hums a little instead of grinding/screeching.
Yaw rate is pretty normal, about the same as the Syma S107. Not particularly fast.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2010, 04:22 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Yaw rate is pretty normal, about the same as the Syma S107. Not particularly fast.
Ah, thought so already. The Falcon has insane piro rate, you have to be very easy on the rudder. It's almost like it has a lot of expo on the rudder stick. The S107 can still turn fast, but more resolution on the rudder stick. It's nice to hear this one has the same behavior. Insane piros look cool, but make it very squirrelly to fly.
Nov 08, 2010, 02:26 AM
Registered User
Just bought two of these (purple and red) for me... er my two daughters. (Should be fun.)
Nov 08, 2010, 06:36 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Watch the vid and at one point I mention I'm using max rotation rate (yaw). BTW, if you order two, they put a sticker in the upper left corner of the front of the box denoting channel (A, B, C). Maybe and I say MAYBE if you order and you mention that, they will give you 2 different channels. But don't count on it. Mabye something like.

Please give me 2 different channels (not the same channel)
Channel is on a sticker on the box in the top left corner (A, B, or C).

My Ch A was a single RED round sticker with white A on it.
Nov 08, 2010, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
Watch the vid and at one point I mention I'm using max rotation rate (yaw). BTW, if you order two, they put a sticker in the upper left corner of the front of the box denoting channel (A, B, C). Maybe and I say MAYBE if you order and you mention that, they will give you 2 different channels. But don't count on it. Mabye something like.

Please give me 2 different channels (not the same channel)
Channel is on a sticker on the box in the top left corner (A, B, or C).

My Ch A was a single RED round sticker with white A on it.
Oh crap didn't think about that... Better call them.
Nov 08, 2010, 01:49 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
I bought one, so it doesn't matter what channel they come on. And even if the second would be on the same channel, might even come in handy, then I can put the second TX away as backup, and fly both helis with the same TX.
Nov 08, 2010, 07:53 PM
Registered User
Bombyx's Avatar
This demonstrator is not kind with the Phantom 6010.

Gobelus.de Hubschrauber Phantom 6010 (4 min 16 sec)


It is amazing how the little bird survives the torture.
Nov 08, 2010, 08:01 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombyx
This demonstrator is not kind with the Phantom 6010.

It is amazing how the little bird survives the torture.
Yes, and Igor is playing 5 nights a week at the Mirage in Vegas.

soooo, I don't advise being that brutal but it's nice to see it survives the torcher.
Nov 08, 2010, 09:11 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar

Phantom Hot Rod Sub Micro heli


Well, there you go; if it can survive such abuse and still fly, well that is very resilient little heli.



I was flying one of my Phantoms tonight again and had it absolutely ripping all over over my hobby room and was even going full accel and then I'd crank on the rudder and the Phantom was doing these crazy fullpower power slides HAHAHA!!!!!! it's just soo much fun and it takes it. At less than $20 delivered, I just don't know why anyone would prefer a more expensive S107. Flew it today for around 6 minutes when I landed I decided to see if it had any power left so I nailed the throttle and it launched straight up like a missile......I had to quickly slam down the throttle to prevent it from punching through the drop ceiling.....HEHE!!! Not even the quick but porky SH 6020-1 can match the performance of the Phantom 6010. Seriously, I don't know of any other sub-micro IR 3 channel heli that performs like this little guy.
Last edited by Doubletap; Nov 08, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Nov 08, 2010, 10:03 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
At less than $20 delivered, I just don't know why anyone would prefer a more expensive S107.
who said they prefer the S107?
Nov 08, 2010, 10:21 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
who said they prefer the S107?


I think some will choose the S107 because of the familiar brand name, and it's popularity. Although I also have a s107 but this Phantom is actually a better value.
Nov 08, 2010, 10:24 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
I think some will choose the S107 because of the familiar brand name, and it's popularity. Although I also have a s107 but this Phantom is actually a better value.
The S107 has been around a while, like >6 months I think so it's held the 3-channel crown for an admirable length of time.
I've got 4 Phoenix's on the way, 3 as gifts 1 as a keeper
Nov 08, 2010, 10:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombyx
This demonstrator is not kind with the Phantom 6010.

It is amazing how the little bird survives the torture.
Holy crap!
Nov 08, 2010, 10:51 PM
Registered User
I'll buy one of these if they last for some time..
Nov 09, 2010, 01:57 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Well, there you go; if it can survive such abuse and still fly, well that is very resilient little heli.



I was flying one of my Phantoms tonight again and had it absolutely ripping all over over my hobby room and was even going full accel and then I'd crank on the rudder and the Phantom was doing these crazy fullpower power slides HAHAHA!!!!!! it's just soo much fun and it takes it. At less than $20 delivered, I just don't know why anyone would prefer a more expensive S107. Flew it today for around 6 minutes when I landed I decided to see if it had any power left so I nailed the throttle and it launched straight up like a missile......I had to quickly slam down the throttle to prevent it from punching through the drop ceiling.....HEHE!!! Not even the quick but porky SH 6020-1 can match the performance of the Phantom 6010. Seriously, I don't know of any other sub-micro IR 3 channel heli that performs like this little guy.
I was expecting this good battery performance. The Falcon, which seems to be the 6010-1, can fly for 10 minutes when new. It doesn't come with the accel button, but over 6 minutes with good power seems logical. I hope mine comes soon, so I can compare it to my zippiest S107 of the 2 I currently have. If it combines the control of the Syma with better speed and longer flight times and equally nice looks, it might be "the new S107" if quality is and stays above par.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion I would like to graduate from 3ch coax to 6ch liftforward 3D Electric Heli Flying 13 Nov 10, 2010 12:36 PM
Discussion 3ch indoor micro with gyro Melnic Micro Helis 2 Nov 03, 2010 06:14 AM
Help! phantom 6010-2 mshep Coaxial Helicopters 2 Sep 27, 2010 02:49 PM
Discussion phantom 6010 rear rotor not working klaustar Coaxial Helicopters 0 Sep 04, 2010 06:47 AM
Discussion 3ch mini/micro coaxial heli with gyro? DEM Coaxial Helicopters 0 Mar 11, 2008 10:02 AM