Nov 05, 2010, 05:06 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Kurt, 3C charging is not what you want for long battery life. Unfortunately the controller also charges at the same rate. Both are designed for the 6020.

6025 was the most fun to fly cuz it's so zippy. But now that tailmotor quit, not sure whether to spring $10 for the boomset or the motorset, $30 for a whole new one, or something else.
damn, so that's why my 6025 charges so fast. Seems like only 10 minutes or so before the USB lights up that. I want this little guy to last!

Seems a shame to buy the whole thing for just a tail motor (and a spare battery!), but here's the place I got mine for ~$23. Took 2 weeks to my door.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-3Ch-M...item230b572315
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2010, 06:01 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!

Purple LS Phantom 6010 has arrived.

Just received my Purple LS Phantom 6010 thanks to Xheli's super fast Shipping! It's going on the USB charger right now.
Last edited by Doubletap; Nov 05, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Nov 05, 2010, 09:22 PM

Maiden Flight for Purple 6010, perfect as expected

Just maidened my newly arrived Purple Phantom 6010, it is in perfect functional condition and flies as good as my first Red one. I set my timer once again to 5 minutes but I'm certain that it can fly much longer than this without risking damaging the lipo pack. I spent the first couple minutes to trim it out for hover, then once again, I tested the ACCEL function and was ripping across the airspace over my hobby room, I was under full speed all the way across the room and was playing chicken with myself seeing how long I would dare to held it down and then just before I though that I would slam into the opposing wall, I'd release the ACCEL button. Mever did crash into a wall because this little fly weight heli decelerates very well as well accelerates, the light weight makes it be able to stop very quickly and accurately.

It's interesting that both my Phantoms were marked on the heli and the boxes as on band "B" and my Red Phantom is indeed on "B", but I found out that my new purple Phantom is actually on "C" despite the little red stickers on the bottom of the heli and on the box that calls out band "B". No problem, I figured it out pretty quick when it didn't respond to the throttle on the maiden. I clicked the band switch to C and was off and flying. If they had other colors of the Phantom, I would probably pick up those also. Too much fun,
Nov 05, 2010, 10:42 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Really? The heli is fixed band? Bit of an anomaly. Never encountered one.

How exactly do you hold the ACCEL button and continue working RUD?
Nov 05, 2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab

How exactly do you hold the ACCEL button and continue working RUD?
it's not too difficult really, I just reach up with my pointer finger " trigger finger" and depress it, doesn't really disrupt your operation of the the yaw control too much. I find it easy to do while maintaining full control of all 3 channels.
Nov 06, 2010, 04:08 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Well, I clicked the "buy" button. It's looks, nice flight time, and the accel function might make it a worthy replacement or at least back up flyer. I hope the motors sound a bit friendly. I have a S2 Protector that makes such a whining sound I dislike flying it. My S107 is much more quiet.
Nov 06, 2010, 06:20 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
I've taken about 10 flights. If I get to 20 or 30 flights, I'll be happy LOL dunno what the average life of a 3ch is.
Nov 06, 2010, 09:51 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Phoenix 3Ch coaxial Heli from Xheli.com (6 min 31 sec)
Nov 06, 2010, 10:16 PM

Super Job! Melnic!

Melnic, that was an outstanding video review of the Phantom 6010!!!!! You really showed off all the excellent eatures and impressive performance of this impressive but inexpensive little 3CH coaxial IR heli. The popular Syma S107 has absolutely nothing over the Phantom 6010. Although I have the S107 also, I prefer the Phantom and enjoy it so much more than the S107, especially because the awesome ACCEL button, you were able to demonstrate this feature so well in your video.

Both colors of Phantom are still in stock at Xheli and Free shipping remains in effect. Also, additional 5% discount can be had using the code "RCHELI'. What is everyone waiting for?

http://www.xheli.com/6010a-4-red.html

http://www.xheli.com/6010a-3-purple.html
Nov 06, 2010, 10:59 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Nice nudge, DT. Dollar off. I can get a whole bag of chips at Kroger with that.

Purple one on its way. $10 less than a new 6025, $10 more than fixing the old one, and I haven't bought a heli in months.
Nov 06, 2010, 11:03 PM
ho ho whoa...
ok - I bit. my hangar is growing daily.. lol. :P
Nov 06, 2010, 11:26 PM
RIGHT ON!!!!!! You guys will love your Phantoms.
Nov 07, 2010, 01:52 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
The last twice someone said that to me was early S107 and Firebird, and they were incontroverably right.

This RCG network is invaluable. Everthing I've bought in 2 years has been referenced here and there hasn't been a dog among them. They all do exactly what the concensus here says they do.
Nov 07, 2010, 04:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Nice vid. Control of the tail seems very digital and exact, like on a good S107. How's the piro rate on this one? I have a Falcon, so the one with the gears high, and this spins like crazy. You really have to be gently on the rudder with it, or it will do a 180 or 360 instead of a curve. You can even use this to go into forward flight, make it spin 360 and continue in the same direction as if nothing happened. Takes some practice to get the timing right, but it looks cool when you pull it off. The Eagle/Phoenix seems a little less squirelly on the rudder judging by this vid. Can you show some fast piros?

Sound seems quite friendly, which is big thing when you fly it in a house with others that are not such heli addicts, and tend to find the whining sound of most 3 channels annoying. The S107 is not noisy, and the Falcon also hums a little instead of grinding/screeching.