Phoenix (Phantom) 6010 3ch micro coax with gyro - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 04, 2010, 01:02 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
DT: Full disclosure, it does have training gear on it, helps stay upright.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2010, 02:11 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
yup, it flies like on that vid. For those of us who fly 6ch helis or MSRs you gotta get used to the right stick being different and you can't move sideways, point where you wanna go and push/pull. This morning ordered the red one for my friend.
Nov 04, 2010, 03:09 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
yup, it flies like on that vid. For those of us who fly 6ch helis or MSRs you gotta get used to the right stick being different and you can't move sideways, point where you wanna go and push/pull. This morning ordered the red one for my friend.

It wasn't too difficult for me to be accustomed with the 3 channel control scheme although I've been flying 4 channel, 6 channel and coaxials, FP's and CCPM birds and every manner of fixed wing aircraft for decades , I only tried these cheap 3 channel toy helis a few months ago and I'm hooked, they are just so cheap but fun, and easy to fly! I really like my red Phantom 6010 so much that I had to order the Purple one also last night.
Nov 04, 2010, 03:23 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
This heli looks really cool! Nice canopy, and it also looks technically nice. And it has a turbo boost button for added forward flight?
Nov 04, 2010, 04:56 PM

Purple Phantom 6010 on it's way.

Ordered the Purple 6010 last night and today got the shipping notice and tracking number; scheduled delivery day is tomorrow. How is that for 2 day turnaround.
Nov 04, 2010, 10:33 PM

Omg!!!!!!!

The additional button with the molded in word "ACCEL" actually WORKS!!

This switch works EXACTLY as Scotsoft said; while holding forward pressure on the pitch control , depressing and holding down the "ACCEL" button is instaneous acceleration and I'd estimate depending on how long you hold down this button, you will easily gain from 20%-40% additional forward velocity. The Phantom launches HARD when you engage the ACCEL button it looks like a hole shot with Nitrous oxide or something. As long as you keep the ACCEL button depressed you will continue to fly forward in this enhanced speed. I just now put on a 5 minute flight on my Red Phantom 6010 and I was ripping around my hobby room with constantly nailing the ACCEL control....it was SOOOOOO Much fun! I can't say enough about this simply awesome little 3 channel IR coaxial helis , and SO inexpensive also. After flying the Phantom with it's "Nitrous Oxide like "ACCEL" button, I really have no interest flying any of my other 3 channel gyro coaxial birds. It's back on charge right now. I'm so glad I ordered another of these last night.
Nov 05, 2010, 02:28 AM
I will order one as soon as I have transferred sufficient funds to my PayPal account. I was getting a mini-x firstbut I keep hearing reports that the USB charger that comes with it charges the battery with too high current, wrecking the lipo prematurely. No risk of that with the 6010, since it uses a full size 120 mAh lipo.

Btw, how's the sound of the 6010? Buzzing or whining/screeching?.
Nov 05, 2010, 03:36 AM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
I will order one as soon as I have transferred sufficient funds to my PayPal account. I was getting a mini-x firstbut I keep hearing reports that the USB charger that comes with it charges the battery with too high current, wrecking the lipo prematurely. No risk of that with the 6010, since it uses a full size 120 mAh lipo.
I have obviously missed reading about the mini-x being overcharged with the USB cable

I have two of these small helis, one I bought in April, the other in August and have always used the USB cables to charge both of them
One was grounded for a couple of weeks, till replacement flybars arrived, because some idiot built a wall which got in the way and broke the flybar .
(that was a very bad weekend as that same wall broke three flybars on different helis - mini-x , JXD 335 and the hallowed S107 )

Apart from that they have been flown every week and I'm still getting 5 min flights on average .
I confess I don't use any timers I just rely on the helis performance to tell me when to stop but there does not seem to be any problem with the batteries.

I must go find and read what has been written about the USB charging methodology for these superb tiny machines
Nov 05, 2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft
I have obviously missed reading about the mini-x being overcharged with the USB cable

I have two of these small helis, one I bought in April, the other in August and have always used the USB cables to charge both of them
One was grounded for a couple of weeks, till replacement flybars arrived, because some idiot built a wall which got in the way and broke the flybar .
(that was a very bad weekend as that same wall broke three flybars on different helis - mini-x , JXD 335 and the hallowed S107 )

Apart from that they have been flown every week and I'm still getting 5 min flights on average .
I confess I don't use any timers I just rely on the helis performance to tell me when to stop but there does not seem to be any problem with the batteries.

I must go find and read what has been written about the USB charging methodology for these superb tiny machines
Perhaps it was on a different forum, but it seems the USB charger is the same as the ones that come with bigger helis. With the bigger helis this means charging with about 1.5 to 2 C, but on the smaller lower capacity lipo on the Mini-X the charge rate will be much higher. If that is not the case, and there is no issue, I might reconsider getting one instead... or also...
Nov 05, 2010, 08:37 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
I weighted it just now, 28g.
Nov 05, 2010, 12:55 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
All 3 SHs use the same charger. So the smallest one 6025 charges at 3C. Many users report reduced flight times, from 2 min down to 20sec. I never got more than 2 1/2m. Now the tailmotor quit. Bummer. It was the zippiest craft I have.
Nov 05, 2010, 01:38 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
All 3 SHs use the same charger. So the smallest one 6025 charges at 3C. Many users report reduced flight times, from 2 min down to 20sec. I never got more than 2 1/2m. Now the tailmotor quit. Bummer. It was the zippiest craft I have.
guess I got lucky - just flew my 6025 for 3:30 (timed with http://www.online-stopwatch.com/) and she still had enough juice to climb smartly, if not with the same vigor as fresh.
The 6025 has (barely) overtaken my S107 as my favorite bird. Just watching the thing zip around makes me grin, and it really is fast and nible.
Did order a batch of 6010's last night so looking forward to adding one of these super-lightweights to the hangar.
Nov 05, 2010, 01:40 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
All 3 SHs use the same charger. So the smallest one 6025 charges at 3C. Many users report reduced flight times, from 2 min down to 20sec.
Are you saying that the USB charger harms the 6025's battery? Other than using the tx batteries up, any alternatives?
Nov 05, 2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
Btw, how's the sound of the 6010? Buzzing or whining/screeching?.
Anyone care to comment on this?
Nov 05, 2010, 04:48 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Kurt, 3C charging is not what you want for long battery life. Unfortunately the controller also charges at the same rate. Both are designed for the 6020.

6025 was the most fun to fly cuz it's so zippy. But now that tailmotor quit, not sure whether to spring $10 for the boomset or the motorset, $30 for a whole new one, or something else.