Nov 03, 2010, 03:52 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
How are the Fatshark goggles different from the ones that were for sale a few years ago? I bought a set a couple years back but could not get adjusted to the close focal point of the images so I returned them. Maybe I'm getting old. lol I have a couple different sets of glasses and they all focus at much farther distances. The Fatsharks claimed a couple meters focal distance (I think) but it was definitely closer than that and I just couldn't get used to it. Have they fixed this issue? If so, that might persuade me to check them out again.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2010, 04:15 PM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321
Now $268
Just checked again. $239 for me as I'm a platinum member (5-20% discounts ftw!)
Last edited by Eganwp; Nov 03, 2010 at 05:16 PM.
Nov 03, 2010, 06:21 PM
RC = FUN
How many orders you need for platinum? I'm at gold
Nov 03, 2010, 07:02 PM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
Likely 8, as I'm working on my 10th atm... But, it may also be based on $$ spent. Not sure. Been ordering from HK for the last 3.5 years, back when it was called United Hobbies & people at the club gave me a strange look when I showed them my cheap Chinese lipos while they flew their $120 3s 2200's!
Nov 03, 2010, 08:48 PM
RC = FUN
I've got only 6!!!!!

I should make some small orders
Nov 03, 2010, 11:55 PM
Suspended Account
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrésMtnez
So you all agree with me, the fatshark are just easier to use, nobody has contradict me

But for those like me who prefer the best possible picture you can see while flying...... well, the z800 but if you can´t spend four digits on a goggle then the Headplay is the best option, at least if you solve the low fps problem wich isn´t as serious as some people say

It´s curious how people fit an HD camera for recording, but don´t worry too much about the picture they see while flying.... for me this is THE goal
Nov 04, 2010, 03:27 AM
Hi guys, pretty convinced I'm gonna buy the 2.4GHz Fatsharks myself, but, have a question you may be able to answer...

Do they have AV input for when I upgrade to diversity in the future?

Cheers, Jon.
Nov 04, 2010, 04:52 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno271
Hi guys, pretty convinced I'm gonna buy the 2.4GHz Fatsharks myself, but, have a question you may be able to answer...

Do they have AV input for when I upgrade to diversity in the future?

Cheers, Jon.
They do have an AV input.
Nov 04, 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziomatrixacs
They do have an AV input.
Great, thanks.
Nov 04, 2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp
I really can't see a downside to them, even if there is a slight loss in picture quality to the Headplay's.
The slight loss in picture is if you compare the Headplay with any other kopin based goggle (for example my ivision 922), but the difference between Headplay and Fatshark is anything but slight.

Maybe people using low quality cameras don´t notice it too much, but for me with a sn777 the difference is so noticeable I would never consider the Fatshark as an option, I´d buy any kopin module goggles first.

With my ivision I´ve never wished a bigger screen, but I´ve always wanted a higher picture quality. Headplay is just what I´ve been asking for years, same screen size with higher quality at a similar price, while Fatshark did exactly the opposite, same module with bigger screeen --> lower resolution

Sorry to insist, but I can´t let anyone think the picture difference between Headplay and Fatshar is slight, Headplay is noticeable better than Ivision, and Fatshark is noticeable worse than Ivision
Nov 04, 2010, 05:50 AM
Questionable judgement
Have you used the 2010 fatshark?

From your logic you would be using the smallest 1080P tv you can buy so the detail appears the best. I prefer my 47 inch monster.
Nov 04, 2010, 05:56 AM
NDw
NDw
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1333078

Interesting reason for the sale.

I was half thinking of getting them and trying to sell my fatsharks but idk.

Mine are the 2010 version btw and I'd still describe the picture as mediocre.
Nov 04, 2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72
Have you used the 2010 fatshark?

From your logic you would be using the smallest 1080P tv you can buy so the detail appears the best. I prefer my 47 inch monster.
Not at all. On TV the detail is so good that human eyesight can´t differ from 720p to 1080p if the tv is smaller than 37 inches, but that´s with a resolution of 1900x1080 on a 37 inches screen. But in our goggles we see 640x480 or 800x600 on a 50-70 inches screen, so we can clearly see the differences, and it´s a HUGE difference.

Compare a 320x240 video watched in full screen with a 640x480 video in half screen. If you don´t notice any difference buy the Fatshark

I´ve not tested the 2010 Fatshark, but they are still 640x480 on a 70 inches screen, aren´t they? Enough for me to rule them out
Nov 04, 2010, 11:01 AM
Questionable judgement
I think goggles are an issue that can be argued all day with no resolution. There isn't a best goggle for everyone.
Nov 04, 2010, 11:42 AM
Suspended Account
Geezzz, with the FatSharks it is all about immersion, getting the feeling of 'being in the plane', they do a much better job at that than all of the others that give you the sensation of 'watching a video of being in the plane on a TV screen' ... from across the room!

Who cares that they're blurry around the edges, that's what you get from wanting the largest FOV available, it is one or the other, can't have both unless elaborate (multi segmented) optics are used. But frankly unless you are staring at the edges all the time *you won't notice it when flying* ....

Cheers,

Sander.

Quick Reply