Nov 01, 2010, 04:44 PM
Useful Idiot
Thread OP
Discussion

another Bible, creation, science thread Part 2)

Metieval closed the original thread, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1331746 following a suggestion from Jimb0 that the thread had been deliberately derailed. The "derailing" consisted in saying that there were factual errors in the video presented in the opening post for which comments were invited.
It seems a tad contradictory.
At metieval's request, I will add his resoning to the opening post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettival
Fact & Truth.

a poster posted that it was a lost cause.... then proceeded to feed the off topic'ness, so I locked the thread.
Last edited by martin richards; Nov 01, 2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: He asked
Nov 01, 2010, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
The Original post in this thread is full of lies.

The derailing posted above was not what I claimed as derailing in the thread that I locked.

the derailing was the fact that Gerald said
Quote:
I could but I'm not going to bother to go to the trouble
and then proceeded to take it off topic... AFTER stating he had no desire to discuss the topic.

I'd appreciate at least a little bit of effort in a post to get the facts straight.... Instead of just post compiled of BS.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
Metieval closed the original thread, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1331746 following a suggestion from Jimb0 that the thread had been deliberately derailed. The "derailing" consisted in saying that there were factual errors in the video presented in the opening post for which comments were invited.
It seems a tad contradictory.
I like Jimbo but he's obviously led metieval astray by schooling him on the art of closing threads that aren't going as planned.
imgumby
Nov 01, 2010, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby
I like Jimbo but he's obviously led metieval astray by schooling him on the art of closing threads that aren't going as planned.
imgumby
Feel free to go to SS/C and complain about me locking the thread if you don't feel that it was legit.

I seriously doubt you will though.... as you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Why is it easier just to bash people? because bashing is free. And probably because you know that you can't take it to the SS/C
Nov 01, 2010, 05:20 PM
Against it with you
Glad you re-opened the thread Martin - it wouldn't matter how many times someone discussed the OP and how many of it's errors were addressed, only the posts that agreed with it would be deemed legitimate, everything else would be lies and trolling.

Closing a thread when you don't like where it is heading is both cowardly and dishonest IMO.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:24 PM
I think the biggest fallacy is the statement "Light is the force that holds all things together" and then equating that with the bible as though it was the first documentation of light existing.

Light is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetism is one of four fundamental interactions. The other three being: strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force and gravitation. Read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_force
Nov 01, 2010, 05:26 PM
Useful Idiot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval

The derailing posted above was not what I claimed as derailing in the thread that I locked.

the derailing was the fact that Gerald said and then proceeded to take it off topic... AFTER stating he had no desire to discuss the topic.

I'd appreciate at least a little bit of effort in a post to get the facts straight.... Instead of just post compiled of BS.
How did Gerald take it off topic? By suggesting it was a lost cause to try and convince someone who places faith over knowledge?
Nov 01, 2010, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle

Closing a thread when you don't like where it is heading is both cowardly and dishonest IMO.
Lying about why a thread was closed, is also dishonest.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

the derailing was the fact that Gerald said and then proceeded to take it off topic... AFTER stating he had no desire to discuss the topic.

LIES!!! LIES I TELL YOU!!!!
Nov 01, 2010, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
Can we just fast forward to the end, you know; the part where everybody stabs each other in the face???
Now pay attention, 007!
Quote:
Quote:
If you posted a copy of president Obama's birth certificate showing him to be American born, there would probably also be those that disagreed with you.
You should post one then..... a real one. Not this copy "crap" that is the word of one single person.
Is thread derailing the equivalent of trolling if the OP willingly follows the wayward trend?
Against it with you
Quote:
Lying about why a thread was closed, is also dishonest.
Yes, it would be if it were lying. Your post above shows that it is not lying at all.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
How did Gerald take it off topic? By suggesting it was a lost cause to try and convince someone who places faith over knowledge?
Almost but no cookie.

It was to continue to post off topic, after stating that is was a lost cause.
I am pretty sure that you already knew that though. If not I'll let you prove it by editing the Original post in this thread.

We can be friends correct? and we do want to live by that ummmm. several weeks ago you made a post about correcting mistakes? so if you correct the OP, I'll correct my first post in this thread too.

Or wasn't it a mistake. hmm this is getting tricky..... /spin
Nov 01, 2010, 05:32 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief
Can we just fast forward to the end, you know; the part where everybody stabs each other in the face???
Sorry, Halloween was yesterday.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:37 PM
Useful Idiot
Thread OP
Quote:
Almost but no cookie.

It was to continue to post off topic, after stating that is was a lost cause.
I am pretty sure that you already knew that though. If not I'll let you prove it by editing the Original post in this thread.

We can be friends correct? and we do want to live by that ummmm. several weeks ago you made a post about correcting mistakes? so if you correct the OP, I'll correct my first post in this thread too.

Or wasn't it a mistake. hmm this is getting tricky..... /spin
If you can tell me in what way you consider that Gerald derailed the thread and demonstrate it to be true. As far as I can see, there are no mistakes in the opening post.

Quick Reply