Oct 31, 2010, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Icon A5 build

maybe this should be in the waterplanes thread.
anyways, here is my icon a5 so far.

~afitz87
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2010, 12:10 AM
IAMCANADIAN
Post a link in the water planes forum if you like. This looks like it's from planes posted here so I'd like to see it built here. so far so good.
Nov 01, 2010, 01:05 AM
Registered FFF Addict
I like water planes... go to it. Looks really good so far. Someone is going to ask sooner or later... are there going to be plans for her?
Nov 01, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
yeah there are plans. this is the link to original https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=icon+a5+build
the plans are not exact. You have to get a little creative with a few parts. the plans give you 75% of the build.
Nov 02, 2010, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
got some more work done on the fuselage. i'm having some problems with the motor mount/wing assembly. i don't think having a removable wing is structurally possible? i'm open to ideas.
i ended up cutting off the motor mount. instead of having the wing slide in, below the motor, i may end up gluing the motor mount to the top of the wing.
Nov 02, 2010, 01:00 PM
I'd like to see the wings fold in for transport like the real thing! j/k of course
Nov 02, 2010, 02:16 PM
Crash it first, Then fly it
subscribed. It looks nice.

Is that black foam depron? The black 6mm depron I had was really hard to cut so neatly. how did you do it?
Nov 02, 2010, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffindor
subscribed. It looks nice.

Is that black foam depron? The black 6mm depron I had was really hard to cut so neatly. how did you do it?
Thanks, i hope it flies well in the end. Indeed it is. I had scraps with enough area to cut out a few of the smaller pieces on the pdf file.

i've noticed that too. it also seems slightly more flexible than the white depron.
i have a an ultra fine flat stone that i use to re-sharpen spent exacto blades. you have to cut slow.
retrace each cut with light pressure and sharpen the blade often. cut in maybe slightly more than 0.5mm with each stroke.
Nov 02, 2010, 06:24 PM
Ahh.Thanks. I onlly have a fairly coarse blade stone. Cool
Nov 03, 2010, 03:39 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Get one of these... this has saved me hundreds in Exacto blades. It is called a Pocket Pal Crock Stick. Google it. Walmart has a similar thing, but you will have to modify it to use it on Exacto blades. Sorry about the resolution, but my camera doesn't do closeups very well.

Quote:
Ahh.Thanks. I onlly have a fairly coarse blade stone. Cool
Nov 03, 2010, 03:42 PM
ahhh.. I've seen those before. I Might get one. But, when I searched it up just now, I couldn't find it? Walmart's search doesn't have it,, and there are no shopping results for it on Google. Did you spell it right?
Nov 03, 2010, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
i've got something similar to that for kitchen knives.
i use a rotary flat stone connected to a dental handpiece spinning at 400,000 RPM. get's those exactos REALLY sharp.
Nov 03, 2010, 04:24 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Here is a link to one... it's blue, but the same thing.

http://www.sharpenem.com/Ceramic-And...cket-Sharpener

Quote:
ahhh.. I've seen those before. I Might get one. But, when I searched it up just now, I couldn't find it? Walmart's search doesn't have it,, and there are no shopping results for it on Google. Did you spell it right?
Nov 03, 2010, 04:26 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Probably a little more expensive than this one. Maybe a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afitz87
i've got something similar to that for kitchen knives.
i use a rotary flat stone connected to a dental handpiece spinning at 400,000 RPM. get's those exactos REALLY sharp.
Nov 03, 2010, 04:36 PM
That must be pretty hard on the wallet

Quick Reply