Thread Tools
Nov 25, 2010, 08:44 AM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflytailies View Post
No, didn't want to fly by myself
Was it very windy? When I left work at 3:30, it did not seem windy.

What about SUnday? I am not available Today, Friday or Saturday.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2010, 08:55 AM
aka Schleppmeister
Yes, let's see about Sunday. Are you off Monday?

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
Nov 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
Klassische Bilder
studioRS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflytailies View Post
Very nice. How much for the German version?

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
PM sent.
Nov 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
Registered User

Hand launching the ASK-21


Can anybody tell me how hand-launching this thing (flat terrain, no wind) under power compares to the effort required of, say, Park Zone's Radian? The Radian all but flies out of my hand, but an old shoulder injury has recently forced me to retire (or modify to r.o.g.) several motorgliders that need the equivalent of an overhand fastball to get flying.

Eric
Mano on the Llano
Nov 25, 2010, 01:20 PM
aka Schleppmeister
just give it full power and a gentle push off your hands

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
Nov 26, 2010, 07:41 AM
Registered User
Hi soarntz, It will be quite some time before I get to maiden the ask. The weather here has turned really bad . Temps are below freezing and we have snow , and more is forecast. I hate winter.
Nov 26, 2010, 08:11 AM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellwalker View Post
Hi soarntz, It will be quite some time before I get to maiden the ask. The weather here has turned really bad . Temps are below freezing and we have snow , and more is forecast. I hate winter.
No hills to go Skiing?
Nov 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
aka Schleppmeister
There are thermals in winter, too

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
Nov 26, 2010, 08:56 AM
Klassische Bilder
studioRS's Avatar
@fellwalker. Trying to cheer you up, winter isn't as bad as you think. Just wait for some sun and have at it! Yes, lots of skiing up here in Northern Vermont. If I can't ski, then I'll try to the max to fly.

I'm in the same boat with my ASK-21 very important to have the proper graphics on it before the maiden. Yesterday, I flew my Radian and it was 26 deg, landed in some wet grass, tried to wipe off the prop and it had ice all over it!

Ski run flying fun (not my video, somewhere in Austria).
Modell Segelfliegen am Dünserberg mit Multiplex Easy Glider (5 min 54 sec)
Last edited by studioRS; Nov 26, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Nov 26, 2010, 02:17 PM
Registered User
Im not as young as you guys, skiing? do you want me to break my neck before I have had the chance to fly the ask. lol. Hey studioRs, thanks for the video, that is beautiful scenery, I really enjoyed it. What do the rest of you guys think? I liked the way you booted the model down the slope, and off it went. Ive never seen a take off like that before. I must be leading a sad life. I will have to get out more . LOL Bill
Nov 26, 2010, 03:07 PM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
I did not know there were such beautiful mountains in Vermont, and I have skied at Mt Snow and Sugarbush. They had nothing like this! LOL
Nov 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
Klassische Bilder
studioRS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarntz View Post
I did not know there were such beautiful mountains in Vermont, and I have skied at Mt Snow and Sugarbush. They had nothing like this! LOL
Haa, good one, usually it is frozen, grey and icy up here in Vermont! The video is from one of my favorite listings on youtube. Someone filmed this (not me) in Austria. Yes, lovely reminds me of where I used to live in Lake Tahoe, CA when it is sunny.
Nov 26, 2010, 03:30 PM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
Haa, good one, usually it is frozen, grey and icy up here in Vermont! The video is from one of my favorite listings on youtube. Someone filmed this (not me) in Austria. Yes, lovely reminds me of where I used to live in Lake Tahoe, CA when it is sunny.

Yes, Lake Tahoe has beautiful scenery, I remember it when I rode my Bicycle around the Lake in one day
Last edited by soarntz; Nov 26, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Nov 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
Registered User

ask 21


Hi Guys, I did a dummy run putting the ask together, all the parts were a great fit and the ballance was spot on , using the stock batterie. I took the dog out this morning in the snow ,and thought to myself, you guys maybe right, I should fly in the winter snow. I hope to maiden before xmas.
Nov 27, 2010, 04:52 PM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellwalker View Post
Hi Guys, I did a dummy run putting the ask together, all the parts were a great fit and the ballance was spot on , using the stock batterie. I took the dog out this morning in the snow ,and thought to myself, you guys maybe right, I should fly in the winter snow. I hope to maiden before xmas.
"Atta Boy" Fellwalker


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Hobby Lobby ASK-21 Jason Cole Sailplane Talk 5 Nov 01, 2010 05:38 AM
Yippee! rodelmodell ask 21 4.2 meters socommk23 Scale Sailplanes 10 Sep 23, 2010 01:52 PM
Discussion mini ask 21 from soaring usa diego84 Scale Sailplanes 7 Aug 30, 2007 06:08 PM
Anyone know about ASK-21 Mini from NSP? RCflieger Scale Sailplanes 4 Dec 11, 2003 05:00 AM