Oct 29, 2010, 06:22 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Discussion

SONOVA...Why's this crap happen in two's???

Had to get new battery for my 20-year-old, 35 MPG turbo Dodge today; headed out of Wally World, happy as a clam (had gotten 5 years out of the cheapo battery I originally had in there) when my wife calls from Texas.

"My car won't start."

Crap.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:29 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
Perhaps you've been together so long, you've become one. Consider it the good omen.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:30 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
And you're where, at the moment? And you could do what for her right then and there?

I always get a kick out of women. They think you can magically fix any mechanical device from any remote location!
Oct 29, 2010, 06:30 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
If both cars giving us the spits on the payday I'm supposed to be buying plane tickets to fly them up for my retirement ceremony, what in the hell is the BAD OMEN going to be?
Oct 29, 2010, 06:31 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Still in Va Beach. Retirement ceremony is in January...
Oct 29, 2010, 06:35 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
If both cars giving us the spits on the payday I'm supposed to be buying plane tickets to fly them up for my retirement ceremony, what in the hell is the BAD OMEN going to be?
Lol'ed...(sorry)
Oct 29, 2010, 07:15 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring
And you're where, at the moment? And you could do what for her right then and there?

I always get a kick out of women. They think you can magically fix any mechanical device from any remote location!
You can't?
Oct 29, 2010, 07:21 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
You can't?
Last time she called me like that, I told her to hold the phone over the engine with the hood open. I then yelled "Start, you rotten piece of"

Well...for some reason, that worked...that time.
Oct 29, 2010, 07:23 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Had to get new battery for my 20-year-old, 35 MPG turbo Dodge today; headed out of Wally World, happy as a clam (had gotten 5 years out of the cheapo battery I originally had in there) when my wife calls from Texas.

"My car won't start."

Crap.
I've had that call twice. Both times I told her, " Turn the steering wheel side to side and then try it." She had a habit of turning the car off when the front wheels were almost turned to the lock. That binds the key switch.
Oct 29, 2010, 07:24 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Last time she called me like that, I told her to hold the phone over the engine with the hood open. I then yelled "Start, you rotten piece of"

Golden!
Oct 29, 2010, 07:50 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Well, this time she turned the key and "clickclickclickclick....." would not even jump start.

I'm thinking possible bad battery, if she's got more than one bad cell, jumping might not work. MY car will turn over, but will not start if voltage is below 10.3v...that's how I found mine was bad.
Oct 29, 2010, 07:53 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
Hit the starter...tell her to hit the starter with the lug wrench a few times. I know it's crazy but it works sometimes.
Oct 29, 2010, 07:59 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
If the interior dome light is on, there's a good chance the battery is ok and the starter itself may be the problem. a) If she doesn't know where to find the starter, guide her to it via cell phone. b) If you don't know where it's located, look it up online, refer to 'a' then refer to post #12.
Oct 29, 2010, 08:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

I can SO see that...
Oct 29, 2010, 10:02 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief
I can SO see that...
Sean...you HAVE seen that.

Live and in person!

Quick Reply