Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by wardo78
Question

Foxtech 2.4G Tx/Rx system set-up

Hello All,
I am new to FPV, and purchased a Foxtech 2.4G system to start learning the ropes. I know I'll eventually own much better equipment, but I like to make my mistakes on the less expensive stuff first. I used the schematic on the Foxtech website to solder everything up and connect the KX-171 camera. I have double checked the dip switches on both the tx/rx as they use different positions for the same channel. At the moment I am plugging the receiver into a small TV for testing. When I hook separate 3s batteries up to both the transmitter and receiver, I get a b&w image that is scrolling vertically. The image is undecipherable, but clearly changes as I pan the camera. The TV has no vertical adjustment, in fact I can't remember setting a vertical adjustment in years, only the VCR tracking. So, is there an obvious adjustment to be made or something I have missed? Any additional info I can provide? Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Wardo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by lovegroove
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
is it a PAL/NTSC problem? Try a different TV
Old Oct 29, 2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I tried my nice wide screen inside and had the same problem, I should have mentioned that. It is possible the camera is PAL, since I now notice that it isn't readily specified in the ad (http://www.himodel.com/electric/FPV_..._only_25g.html) .

Wardo
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
Sometimes the simplest answer is correct, and Lovegroove, you nailed it. Thanks for the lead. The camera doesn't have any identifying format info on it, but a bit of digging confirmed that it is PAL. An easy fix really, sell one, and buy another....

Regards,
Wardo
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:29 AM
I received a new NTSC camera from Ready Made RC yesterday, considering I ordered on Saturday, the shipping was incredibly quick. When I hook up everything, I still have flickering. If I pull the composite plug 1/3 of the way out of the receiver, the video becomes crystal clear, but there is no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wardo
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by keysersoze
Did you ever get your foxtech to work?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:56 AM
Yes, I use the NTSC camera with the composite plug spaced 1/3 of the way out of the receiver. I have never been able to figure out why it does this, but it works fine this way. It is a cold, heavy snow winter in Vermont this year, so I haven't been flying much. I hope to perfect the system in the spring.

Regards,
Wardo