Aug 15, 2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
From my opinion Graupner doesn't care too much about FCC regulations or EN 300328.

E.g. they claim that their "normal" 2.4 GHz TX antenna has a gain of less then 2db. If it would have a gain of 2 db, then some measurements with the MX-16 show that they would also violate the European limit of 100mW EIRP with their TX's.

Btw: Just visited Graupner's booth at the 1st ProWing exhibition in Germany. Their MX-20 software is not ready and it still has some bugs. But they told me their team of test pilots is working hard to eliminate the bugs....

Juergen
With the cable loss (approximately .6dBm) and the antenna gain of 2.1dBi, and a module output power of 18dBm (63mw) the EIRP is actually just under 100mw.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2011, 10:49 AM
Are you saying that Graupner sold their Balsa plantations in Ecuador? I had dinner with Hans and his wife the last time I was in Germany, and he kind of chuckled about the value of R/C vs. balsa. The balsawood business was substantially larger. Graupner provides the majority of the balsa to Chinese kit manufacturers, windmill blade manufacturers, etc.
Aug 15, 2011, 11:30 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapega View Post
HI,

according to the manuals, as I remember, you could user a Y-cable,
but the transmitter has no feature to show both, but ist should log
to your SD-card.

But I think this will be in the Software quite soon, Graupner ist starting
from scratch without money.

Viele Gruesse,

Ralf
I hope so, cause as it is now its more or less a joke.
I want to be able to know my current speed along with current voltage, not have to land and check the SD card on how much power on battery i got left...

Another thing, the largest air modul, above 40amp is so big that i dont even know if i can fit it inside my 3m elektro glider :-S
Aug 16, 2011, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Are you saying that Graupner sold their Balsa plantations in Ecuador? I had dinner with Hans and his wife the last time I was in Germany, and he kind of chuckled about the value of R/C vs. balsa. The balsawood business was substantially larger. Graupner provides the majority of the balsa to Chinese kit manufacturers, windmill blade manufacturers, etc.
Elaborada Balsera Germano-Ecuatoriana C.A. finished the financial year 2009 with -546.000$.
Aug 16, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Are you saying that Graupner sold their Balsa plantations in Ecuador? I had dinner with Hans and his wife the last time I was in Germany, and he kind of chuckled about the value of R/C vs. balsa. The balsawood business was substantially larger.
Maybe he meant: Larger in minus?

By the way, you should not believe everything, what a company-owner is telling you about the financial situation of his company or what he says about some details of his goods ......... to whom I say this?

Udo
Aug 16, 2011, 11:13 AM
Looks like Stefan was already running the balsa business by then...
Aug 16, 2011, 01:53 PM
They claim it one the political situation, trade unions and inflation.

I only hope the Koreans do not have any trade unions.
Aug 17, 2011, 03:50 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
They claim it one the political situation, trade unions and inflation.

I only hope the Koreans do not have any trade unions.
Trade unions and inflation are only an excuse for mismanagement!!

If the management treats its own empoyees fair, then the handling of the unions is a no-brainer. And btw against inflation any management can conclude an insurance, e.g. 50% currency hedging....

At the end, if one is incompetent to incease profitability and competitiveness the only remaining chance is to sell the business.....

Juergen
Aug 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
The work that Hans did to create basically a city within the balsa plantation was quite amazing. That guy had some vision for sure. I am still quite sad about him passing.
Aug 21, 2011, 07:14 AM

HoTT or company politics?

Back to the subject:

Here are two older pictures from June, which I hadn't posted yet, which show HoTT being used in some fairly expensive models.

Jürgen
Aug 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
Jürgen, I don't know, if that is your modell, but I assume, not, bewcause the two antennas of the receiver are totally wrong mounted: Both are parallel mounted. One should be horizontally, the other should be vertically mounted.

Udo
Aug 21, 2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
Jürgen, I don't know, if that is your modell, but I assume, not, bewcause the two antennas of the receiver are totally wrong mounted: Both are parallel mounted. One should be horizontally, the other should be vertically mounted.

Udo
I don't think it matters, the antenna is chosen by signal strength,
not by signal quality...

No reciever I know realy uses diversity to get a better signal,
ist two receivers or two antennas, no one has an electronic that
uses both antennas to reduce the noise and clear the signal.
Or did I miss a product?

Viele Gruesse, RPG
Aug 21, 2011, 01:52 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Thread OP
Quote:
bewcause the two antennas of the receiver are totally wrong mounted: Both are parallel mounted. One should be horizontally, the other should be vertically mounted.
They are correctly mounted in both pictures: The right antenna points upwards, the left one inwards.
The only problem I see is that the supportive white tube should go all the way and not leave the tip exposed, to avoid metal fatigue due to vibration. If no propeller powers the plane, the point is moot however.
Aug 21, 2011, 02:18 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
They are correctly mounted in both pictures: The right antenna points upwards, the left one inwards.
The only problem I see is that the supportive white tube should go all the way and not leave the tip exposed, to avoid metal fatigue due to vibration. If no propeller powers the plane, the point is moot however.
Perhaps some properly attached and supported surgical tubing to house the antenna would be a better choice. Both antenna have about 75% of their length oriented in the same direction. It may be nit picking but I would want as much of the antenna length oriented in the proper directions as possible.
Aug 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Hi Julian,

your eyes are obviously working OK. The antennas are mounted correctly.

As one model is a large aerobatic glider and the other one a turbine powered model, vibrations are negligible.

Jürgen

Quick Reply