Venom VMX 450 1/4 scale Dirt Bike - Page 247 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 20, 2012, 07:08 PM
Registered User

Wooooooop wooooooooooop


Hell yeh,

i was one of the SOB's who bought and e-gyro in bits. In total only $180 delivered to Aus, It all arrived Friday!!! I didnít get any bearings yet cos' i was going to go to the local bearing joint and get some. Unfortunately i rode my real dirt bike on Saturday and now its Sunday nothings is open. All well i will just have till wait till Monday to get the bearings.

Does anyone have an exploded view of how the e-gyo goes together? I think i have is all sussed but just want to make sure. The one thing that has me stumped is the plastic washers/ spacer. Anyone got any ideas???

Also i think i need to change over the plugs on the wiring loom and motor and esc??? Does that sound right???

One last thing how does the e-gyro ESC power up? do i need to tap in on the bike ESC.....


Wow, so much for me thinking i had it sussed. hahahahahaha
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
mm450 manual has the exploded view. here is where you can grab it:
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Manuals_5/ You'll have to get full answer from mm450 guys but I believe the e-gyro gets power straight from battery where it Y splits from battery to both escs. Thats why those owners say the gyro starts up as soon as battery is plugged in. Good luck, glad you got the bits relatively cheap. Apparently the online ebay shop only had a couple of those gyro esc and motors and they got gobbled up in a day I think.
Oct 21, 2012, 06:31 PM
Registered User
Well the "out of stock" has just turned into "late Oct" yet again on the e-gyro. I donít really care anymore cos' I found some bearings in a hobby shop that was open on Sunday and the sweet devilish sound of the e-gyro spooling up filled my lounge room last night.....owwww yeh!!! time for a test drive this arvo
Oct 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
mm450 manual has the exploded view. here is where you can grab it:
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Manuals_5/ You'll have to get full answer from mm450 guys but I believe the e-gyro gets power straight from battery where it Y splits from battery to both escs. Thats why those owners say the gyro starts up as soon as battery is plugged in. Good luck, glad you got the bits relatively cheap. Apparently the online ebay shop only had a couple of those gyro esc and motors and they got gobbled up in a day I think.
Thanks Johnny your the best.
Oct 23, 2012, 07:54 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osavage1
Well the "out of stock" has just turned into "late Oct" yet again on the e-gyro. I donít really care anymore cos' I found some bearings in a hobby shop that was open on Sunday and the sweet devilish sound of the e-gyro spooling up filled my lounge room last night.....owwww yeh!!! time for a test drive this arvo
How did you go mate, did you give it a run.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
How did you go mate, did you give it a run.
Was wondering the same thing. Must be having too much fun ha ha.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
Keep RC-ing!
Really looking forward to the e-gyro kit.... Hope it wont be too long....
Oct 24, 2012, 05:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
How did you go mate, did you give it a run.

I didn't want to post straight away how fkn mad the bike is now, but bloody hell. Itís a new everything, itís hard to explain. It is what i imagined it would drive like out of the box . Canít believe how much it changes EVERYTHING.

I took some very quick footage of clearing a triple at the local 1/10 scale track and it was mad, perfect jump. Soooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooood!!!
Iíll try and upload it, itís only 1 or 2 seconds but im prity stoked with the jump, especially that i could see the landing from where i was standing.
Oct 24, 2012, 07:07 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osavage1

I didn't want to post straight away how fkn mad the bike is now, but bloody hell. Itís a new everything, itís hard to explain. It is what i imagined it would drive like out of the box . Canít believe how much it changes EVERYTHING.

I took some very quick footage of clearing a triple at the local 1/10 scale track and it was mad, perfect jump. Soooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooood!!!
Iíll try and upload it, itís only 1 or 2 seconds but im prity stoked with the jump, especially that i could see the landing from where i was standing.
Awesome mate, look forward to seeing your jump.
Oct 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
Registered User
VMX with E-gyro at Scorsby RC track (0 min 3 sec)


As a said its not that impressive but i am happy with it.
Oct 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
Registered User
E-GYRO in stock!! Atomikrc
Oct 24, 2012, 07:12 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
Nailed the landing good job. Now you need a front brake for after haha.
Oct 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
Registered User
Order completed! Can't wait to install, finally.
Oct 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntpower1
E-GYRO in stock!! Atomikrc
Your funny. I dont fall for those atomik jokes anymore haha.
Oct 24, 2012, 07:21 PM
Registered User
This time it's no joke, I just paid my order, I know it's hard to believe...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 12:09 PM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 04:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 07:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 12:44 PM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 03:06 AM