Thread Tools
Jun 01, 2012, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
The bikes are here!

Well sort of....just kidding!

Still on the water...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
That chain tensioner looks great. I didnt go that route so anyone can assemble the parts and get a consistent result. With the more scale "real" method you have to make sure the sides are even to center the wheel, no big deal, but more than some people are capable of doing either on a real bike or 1/4 scale.

You diehards should eat this stuff up!
Jun 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
That chain tensioner looks great. I didnt go that route so anyone can assemble the parts and get a consistent result. With the more scale "real" method you have to make sure the sides are even to center the wheel, no big deal, but more than some people are capable of doing either on a real bike or 1/4 scale.

You diehards should eat this stuff up!
Patrick will be happy to hear your kind words. Personally, I can't wait to see how they look in red and in gold.
Last edited by Guidoracer; Jun 02, 2012 at 03:23 AM.
Jun 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Since we are talking LiPO's for minute let me just cover some basics for any newcomers reading along.

1) LiPO's NEVER GET HOT DURING CHARGING - if the battery gets warm to the touch past the ambient temperature of the day then stop charging and figure out why. It could be your charge settings or the pack is damaged, plugged in backwards, etc. Go over the set up and figure out why its getting warm.

2) Let the battery pack cool between charges. Do not charge a hot battery pack.

3) Always supervise the battery pack when charging or discharging

4) Always remove the battery pack from the vehicle when charging

5) Get familiar with the terminology and behavior of LiPO battery technology. It is not like anything else so do not apply NiMH habits or techniques to charging and handling LiPO's (for example) Ask knowledgeable LiPO users about them and learn to handle them safely with someone who knows what to do in case of an emergency.

6) Take your time to set the charger to the appropriate settings before charging a LiPO. Many people make the mistake of charging different kinds of packs on one charger and then leave the last cell type profile on when the go to charge a LiPO....BOOM!

7) Keep a fire extinguisher handy that is rated for chemical fires. DO NOT THROW WATER ON A LIPO FIRE!!! it will make it worse because it adds oxygen to the fire and it will double in size in no time. You can snuff the fire out with sand or baking soda.

8) Charge the battery in a fire proof container and on a non-flammable surface

9) If nothing else please read the directions we provide in all of battery products!

I have intentionally destroyed about a dozen or more LiPO packs here at work to learn and experiment so I speak to you from experience. We test LiPO's at their extreme limits and I design products for their use.

One other tip I suggest is to space your charging system (charger/power supply/ battery) from one side to the other so you have access to any one component in an emergency. In other words don't make it dangerous to reach over a swelling LiPO to unplug the charger or power supply. Pretty logical but I see guys do this all the time and bunch up their stuff on the table. That's a bad idea.

Be safe, have fun!
Jun 01, 2012, 06:54 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Patrick will be happy to hear your kind words. Personally, I can't wait to see how they look in red and I'm gold.
Cool tell him I want a set!
Jun 01, 2012, 07:04 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Ship captain got drunk and had to make a pit stop at fiji. 1 month vacation...umm, I mean delay. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
The bikes are here!

Well sort of....just kidding!

Still on the water...
HMS Red Dwarf dontcha mean? (Dave Lister at the helm).

(Please check out Red Dwarf to get the references mentioned above).

Post #2944 Good post!
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jun 01, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Jun 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12strangers
I am very sorry to hear about your home. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be.

F
thanx a lot!! yeah it was my freshman year in high school and it was about 11:30pm just about to go to bed, and it happened, im not going to get into how it happens unless someone wants to here the story, and how it happened was ridiculous 1 in a trillion chance of it ever happening again lol.
Jun 01, 2012, 09:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Ship captain got drunk and had to make a pit stop at fiji. 1 month vacation...umm, I mean delay. :P
No worries. Picked up a vmx off of evil bay this evening. Ill upgrade the gyro when the retrofit becomes available. SWEET
Jun 02, 2012, 12:44 AM
Registered User
I lost all the cover i have -3-
So i need a solution now.
I find a plastic contenant and cut it to lenght.
Insert it in the hole ( little sanding was made )
Glue it with ca , and ready to go.....
It open and close quickly to make adjustement to the slipper clutch.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02403.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02401.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02404.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02407.jpg

I ride the bike without guide wire, it's the reason why i lost 3 covers.
But i like the way it handle, the turning radius is decrease and it respond
more quickly throught turns.

Aldo.
Jun 02, 2012, 01:18 AM
Registered User
Gartenzwerg's Avatar
I glued my cover on the front section, should never come loose
Jun 02, 2012, 05:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaxxx
I lost all the cover i have -3-
So i need a solution now.
I find a plastic contenant and cut it to lenght.
Insert it in the hole ( little sanding was made )
Glue it with ca , and ready to go.....
It open and close quickly to make adjustement to the slipper clutch.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02403.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02401.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02404.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...x/DSC02407.jpg

I ride the bike without guide wire, it's the reason why i lost 3 covers.
But i like the way it handle, the turning radius is decrease and it respond
more quickly throught turns.

Aldo.
where did you get that cap from? thats awesome. i think thats the last part they have to fix after all the new upgrades hit the market and the bike will be solid!!
Jun 02, 2012, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
you miss understood what i was saying lol, you can buy the shaft and the pin right now, but i called and they said the sprocket needed to run with the new pinned shaft would not be available till mid July, so right now you can get the shaft and the pin but not the sprocket
Relik here you go!

sporckett
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inned-Sprocket

layshaft
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inned-Layshaft
Jun 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis
Thank you!! I'm just curious why they don't show the back it says pinned but how is it avalible there but not in the atomick sight?
Jun 03, 2012, 05:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Thank you!! I'm just curious why they don't show the back it says pinned but how is it avalible there but not in the atomick sight?
I really do not know :s but if you look at the product codes on that site then the atomik site there the same

And relik the sprocket is out of stock on amain now :/
Jun 03, 2012, 06:57 AM
Registered User
crap!!! lol oh well it will be in stock along with the new gyro and chain tensioner before we know it


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 11:09 AM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 03:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 06:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 11:44 AM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 02:06 AM