Thread Tools
May 31, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam
So if you break a pin you don't have to buy a whole new shaft etc.?...that's genius...tt could learn a few things from Chris/venom ..lol
you miss understood what i was saying lol, you can buy the shaft and the pin right now, but i called and they said the sprocket needed to run with the new pinned shaft would not be available till mid July, so right now you can get the shaft and the pin but not the sprocket
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2012, 01:14 AM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Picture of back wheel or it didnt happen!
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
Jun 01, 2012, 03:54 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
I'm glad someone else finally made real chain/axle adjusters. I was almost to the point of having a friend make some one-offs for me. I hope they will sell either non-anodized or hard anodized.

F
Jun 01, 2012, 04:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury
iMAX B6 charger 12.49 Takes a couple of weeks but it's cheap, charges everything and it works! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMax-B6-Di...item5d33a0b2b5

Lipo sack. 2.79 Same as before regards delivery. DO NOT CHARGE LIPOS WITHOUT USING ONE! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ONE ENOUGH. Lots of stories of people having their house burnt down due to not using one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-LiPo-Ba...item336976e9fb

You can also browse here for more info regarding chargers, etc... https://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/
When did all this hysteria begin about charging lithium polymer batteries?

If you put them in a "bag" it just helps them overheat and then you have problems.

Anyone who is having any problems needs to look at the quality of battery and charger. You get what you pay for, and don't try to charge the batteries to fast.

F
Jun 01, 2012, 05:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
how much are the adjusters?
Jun 01, 2012, 05:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
Would this work with the venom chain tensioners?
Jun 01, 2012, 07:31 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
12strangers, perhaps you could enquire in this thread. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

Up to you what you do, but in the UK at BRCA events or clubs, it's mandatory.
Jun 01, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered User
It's ridiculous.
Jun 01, 2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury
12strangers, perhaps you could enquire in this thread. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

Up to you what you do, but in the UK at BRCA events or clubs, it's mandatory.
Number one rule in my book when charging a lipo, never ever for any reason leave it more the. A hop skip and a jump from your sight,it takes 2 second to hit stop to end the charging and dissconect the battery if you have to leave the house. Not to mention its free to do so, its not free to come home and find your house burned down.

Number two in my book is to use a fire bag or amp Box, but if you use a metal box, make sure nothing is touching the metal that will cause a short and again cause a fire.

I hope no one ever has to experience this, I have never experienced a lipo battery fire, but I did experamce my house burning down in 06 and fires are a terrible experamce so please be careful, take serous precautions when dealing with lipos and most of all dont let lipos scare you away from the sport.
Jun 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis
Would this work with the venom chain tensioners?
Not really. The Venom ones are tapped 2.5mm and go all the way through to the pin. The Alleven ones are tapped 3mm and stop before the pin to mount the adjuster screw solidly. Plus, why would you want to use the Venom ones when the Alleven kit comes with everything you need?
Jun 01, 2012, 12:25 PM
Registered User
Guidoracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
how much are the adjusters?
The Alleven adjusters are made from 6061 alloy and will be available in gold or red anodizing. Price isn't set in stone yet, but they should be about $25. The best part, obviously, is that you can adjust the chain tension externally without any disassembly.
Jun 01, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Not really. The Venom ones are tapped 2.5mm and go all the way through to the pin. The Alleven ones are tapped 3mm and stop before the pin to mount the adjuster screw solidly. Plus, why would you want to use the Venom ones when the Alleven kit comes with everything you need?
i didn't think of that haha,

and an update of mine is ive ordered a charger, ordered a lipo sack, voltage meter, bought a vmx and battery off ebay, but cant pay for it! im having to confirm my direct debit on paypal! not good
got to wait for the deposits paypal make how ever long it takes
Jun 01, 2012, 02:43 PM
Registered User
Hey Chris
How are the timelines looking for the release of the MM 450?
Jun 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTGUY
Hey Chris
How are the timelines looking for the release of the MM 450?
Ship captain got drunk and had to make a pit stop at fiji. 1 month vacation...umm, I mean delay. :P
Jun 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Number one rule in my book when charging a lipo, never ever for any reason leave it more the. A hop skip and a jump from your sight,it takes 2 second to hit stop to end the charging and dissconect the battery if you have to leave the house. Not to mention its free to do so, its not free to come home and find your house burned down.

Number two in my book is to use a fire bag or amp Box, but if you use a metal box, make sure nothing is touching the metal that will cause a short and again cause a fire.

I hope no one ever has to experience this, I have never experienced a lipo battery fire, but I did experamce my house burning down in 06 and fires are a terrible experamce so please be careful, take serous precautions when dealing with lipos and most of all dont let lipos scare you away from the sport.
I am very sorry to hear about your home. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be.

F


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 11:09 AM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 03:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 06:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 11:44 AM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 02:06 AM