Thread Tools
Aug 15, 2011, 10:31 PM
Registered User
alex515's Avatar

Playing in wet surface


Hi guys, just to share my vmx playing in wet surface In this video, it can tell you the ESC is 100% waterproofing

My VMX 450 playing with water (1 min 45 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2011, 01:29 AM
Registered User
madbadger's Avatar
that's great fun alex.....but it looks like it acts like my VMX, wheelies and flips so easily breaking the rear fender off. Trust me mate, it will end up tearing the rear wheelie bar and body work off eventually.....

Is this how it suppose to run Nick? looks like the slipper is to tight? but if you run it loose, you end up burning them out, I'm on my 3rd now.....

i think some sort of spring loaded or indestructible wheelie bar needs to be invented by someone.....
Aug 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Let me get the file and I'll post it.
thanks chris that would be great
Aug 16, 2011, 05:41 AM
AYP
AYP
Registered User
AYP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadger
that's great fun alex.....but it looks like it acts like my VMX, wheelies and flips so easily breaking the rear fender off. Trust me mate, it will end up tearing the rear wheelie bar and body work off eventually.....

Is this how it suppose to run Nick? looks like the slipper is to tight? but if you run it loose, you end up burning them out, I'm on my 3rd now.....

i think some sort of spring loaded or indestructible wheelie bar needs to be invented by someone.....
Hello Madbagder.
A solution among others??


We must remake the support because they break with rigid bars.

Last edited by AYP; Aug 16, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Aug 16, 2011, 12:51 PM
Registered User
hey guys just ordered my vmx today from tower should have it thursday. im noticing some people are saying version 1 and version 2 is there a difference and how do you know which one you got. getting kinda scared after reading some peoples posts. sound like everyones having lots of troubles. im not gonna be beating on it but what should i replace parts wise to get it up and going reliably. im gonna ditch the stock radio first thing put a spectum reciever and use my dx3r. i race 1/8 electric and sc 4x4 now just looked so damn cool had to have the vmx
Aug 16, 2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar

VMX Brake Kit Instruction Sheet


The PDF file was too big for the forum so here are JPG's of the pages.
If you PM me I'll send you the real PDF.
Aug 16, 2011, 02:22 PM
Registered User
just spoke to venom customer service about the differences in the new and old bike have to say possibly the best and most friendly customer service i ever spoke with. he offered driving tips and explained everything to me. usually the rep is trying to get off the phone the whole time or is not willing to offer any extra above and beyond help venom seems really commited to making this bike work and work good thanks again
Aug 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Thanks for the feedback!
Aug 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250r
hey guys just ordered my vmx today from tower should have it thursday. im noticing some people are saying version 1 and version 2 is there a difference and how do you know which one you got. getting kinda scared after reading some peoples posts. sound like everyones having lots of troubles. im not gonna be beating on it but what should i replace parts wise to get it up and going reliably. im gonna ditch the stock radio first thing put a spectum reciever and use my dx3r. i race 1/8 electric and sc 4x4 now just looked so damn cool had to have the vmx
The radio is the most reliable part of the bike, save your cash for gyro parts, shock rebuilds, chains, etc. you'll need it. I like Tower, but they still don't have a lot of the critical spares for this bike yet.
Aug 16, 2011, 05:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
Buzzkill strikes again lol.


Hey 250r, a lot of guys have fun with these. It will be a lot different then what your used to driving. Hopefully you can find some fun empty areas to bash on while you learn. With any RTR, its a good idea to go over it to make sure its got thread lock and is setup to specs. Search forum for other "VMX" info threads. If your bike isnt the updated version, request the steal gears from venom's cs. Perfornance could be better in certain situations, some things in the works should help.
Aug 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Thanks for the info im ditching the radio because I hate to have more than one radio around too many double a's to keep up with lol. Im not scared to spend a few dollars on spares if I haveto not racing it so if it breaks just throw it in the truck and run something else
Aug 16, 2011, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250r
just spoke to venom customer service about the differences in the new and old bike have to say possibly the best and most friendly customer service i ever spoke with. he offered driving tips and explained everything to me. usually the rep is trying to get off the phone the whole time or is not willing to offer any extra above and beyond help venom seems really commited to making this bike work and work good thanks again
+1 on venom customer service, top class.
Aug 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
Registered User

Everyone Who Owns A VMX 450 Take Note


Everyone that owns a Venom 450, take notice of your surroundings
BEWARE OF DOGS!! Dogs like to go after the bikes. I would just keep your eyes open.
Jerry
Aug 19, 2011, 06:28 AM
Registered User
UFRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40
Everyone that owns a Venom 450, take notice of your surroundings
BEWARE OF DOGS!! Dogs like to go after the bikes. I would just keep your eyes open.
Jerry
haaaaa,lol,so im not the only one to of had a lets say dog incident i presumed it was just this dog,...i was at a local buggy trug club track in sth oz,there were a few guys there bashing around nitro and elect,there was a girl friend of a drivers there with a dog standing watching dog on lead casual as,soon as i fired up vmx vrooomvrooom spool up gyro down and away she goes.... straight away dog was pulling hard on lead,the dog pulled away he was large but slowish lol..i had to go off track flat stick consentrating to do a turn nearly out of site back to me!!!!she is yelling at dog top of her voice AAAAHHHHaGETHEARAAAHHH...i drove it fatt out up to me mate slammed brakes hit him in shinns AAHHH he grabed bike dog pulled up barked like hell then returned to owner,,they restrained dog,it kept going nutts when i would run so dog had to leave track stop it stressing....go figure ???
Aug 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40
BEWARE OF DOGS!! Dogs like to go after the bikes. I would just keep your eyes open.
Jerry
They certainly do!

Name: Fudge and an ARX.jpg
Views: 138
Size: 228.7 KB
Description:

http://www.northern-radio-moto-club.co.uk/album13.htm

Fudge aint so keen on the bike turning round and chasing him though!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 11:09 AM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 03:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 06:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 11:44 AM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 02:06 AM