This thread is privately moderated by stonekap, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 28, 2010, 10:48 AM
Flite Test is COOL!
Thread OP
Discussion

Do you want to see Anthony Hand - (Hobby King Preident) appear on Flite Test?

What if we could get Anthony on the show? What should we ask him? Would you want to see him fly a plane? Give us your thoughts!
Oct 28, 2010, 10:49 AM
Flite Test is COOL!
Thread OP

www.flitetest.com

Just in case you have no idea what "Flite Test" is...
www.flitetest.com
Oct 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
Did you get it on video?
Yes!

Can we write questions we would like asked on the show?
Oct 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
Flite Test is COOL!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
Yes!

Can we write questions we would like asked on the show?
YES! Please.
Oct 28, 2010, 02:09 PM
Did you get it on video?
Great! My biggest question is, now that they have a US warehouse, will we start seeing them attending and sponsoring fly ins here?
Oct 29, 2010, 06:02 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Sounds interesting. I'd definitely give it a look.

I like what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:07 AM
Did you get it on video?
Any questions for the guy in charge? Anybody?

What about what are their plans for the US warehouse?

Can we do something with a sort of per request on items to be carried in it?

When will HK start doing more outreach to get stores to start carrying their products? The stuff they sell has become good consumer grade quality, it deserves shelf time with the products already being marketed in the brick and mortar shops. Besides, then the B&M shops wouldn't be fighting with the internet as much.

Has hobbyking thought about developing a scratch builders program, offering free plans online, or discount hard copy plans, with recommended systems pre bundled? Something like that could be promoted to schools, boyscout groups, and organizations like the boys and girls clubs.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:32 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
What about what are their plans for the US warehouse?
Probably to supply the US & Canada in a timely fashion and avoid those shipping regulations.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:41 AM
Did you get it on video?
Yeah, likely.

I was thinking what plans would they have beyondd that. Multiple warehouses? HK stores? Things like that.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:43 AM
Did you get it on video?
Would a live interview be possible? With the ability to ask questions during the show?
Oct 29, 2010, 07:41 AM
Flite Test is COOL!
Thread OP
Quote:
Would a live interview be possible? With the ability to ask questions during the show?
That's a great idea! I'll check on that.
Oct 29, 2010, 10:49 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Probably to supply the US & Canada in a timely fashion and avoid those shipping regulations.
Except that you can't actually ship to Canada from the US warehouse.

It would be nice to have that changed.

Some of us don't have the luxury of being able to just jump across the border and pick up a package.
Oct 29, 2010, 06:50 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekap
What if we could get Anthony on the show? What should we ask him? Would you want to see him fly a plane? Give us your thoughts!

I would ask him why the heck he can't seem to have consistent customer service and the ability to respond to missing parts of an order in anything less than 2 weeks.

Additionally, why do they use Chinese holidays as an excuse for that poor customer service for months after the holiday has come and gone?

I also would like to know why they seem to sell customer e-mail addresses to spammers? (yes, Hobby King was the only place I had used a particular e-mail address (after a year of that e-mail account being unused with no spam or e-mail of any kind) and then suddenly I place a HK order and I start getting SPAM at that e-mail address)

Lastly, do they have any plans to fix any of those issues?
Oct 29, 2010, 07:59 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Nov 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler
I would ask him why the heck he can't seem to have consistent customer service and the ability to respond to missing parts of an order in anything less than 2 weeks.

Additionally, why do they use Chinese holidays as an excuse for that poor customer service for months after the holiday has come and gone?

I also would like to know why they seem to sell customer e-mail addresses to spammers? (yes, Hobby King was the only place I had used a particular e-mail address (after a year of that e-mail account being unused with no spam or e-mail of any kind) and then suddenly I place a HK order and I start getting SPAM at that e-mail address)

Lastly, do they have any plans to fix any of those issues?
1) Consistant customer service.
An impossibly open ended and confrontational question. However, I will give you the P.C. answer.
Our CSR's are improving every day. Previously we had alot of new staff in training and the responses may not have been as polished and consistant as they should have.

2) Email responses are now around 1-2 days.

3) Chinese New Year holidays last for more than 1 week. It's difficult to get staff to work during this period on our budget. If we paid bank salaries we could have staff working 24/7, but we cannot afford that and the R/C community won't pay that.

4) An absurd suggestion. We have never given any customer email addresses to 3rd parties. Why would we sell your email address when it's our primary form of communication to you? The very last thing we want is your inbox flooded with ads, this would reduce our ability to contact you.Perhaps if your inbox is flooded you might miss our CS' emails.
Nov 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Great! My biggest question is, now that they have a US warehouse, will we start seeing them attending and sponsoring fly ins here?
Hi F.M.
Yes, flying events and club sponsorship are within our marketing scope.
In fact, we already sponsor flying events and small club gatherings.
As we dont have a local US marketing person we don't beat the drum in the US right now. But we will soon!
Nov 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
Did you get it on video?
That sounds great. Will you be at SEFF 2011?
Nov 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
Did you get it on video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hand
As we dont have a local US marketing person we don't beat the drum in the US right now. But we will soon!
Does this mean you're hiring?
Nov 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
Flite Test is COOL!
Thread OP
Quote:
Does this mean you're hiring?
They were hiring! You missed it. Did you see the post on the HK news?
Nov 28, 2010, 08:47 AM
Did you get it on video?
No, I missed that. It's for the best anyhow, I make a better park ranger than I do a marketing consultant for a hobby store...
Nov 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hodgehound # 3
scaring people is more your forte'....not good for customer service
Nov 28, 2010, 04:11 PM
Did you get it on video?
Tru Dat, I was excellent on the Haunted Hay Ride this halloween.
Jan 20, 2011, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekap
That's a great idea! I'll check on that.
www.ustream.tv

Great way to Live Stream with the president of hobby king!! Anyone can join and ask questions at the same time!

Quick Reply