Jul 11, 2003, 04:47 PM
Thread OP

I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...threadid=25136

is the link to the mother of all foamie threads.... What a classic!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2003, 05:23 PM
Foam Flyer
Cool, we start another thread on this. Well I will post what I am building next. Nothing new or groundbreaking, I am going to build a Park Shark with a pair of my new foam floats with detachable landing gear. Should be fun.

Glenn
Jul 11, 2003, 08:02 PM
Here are the planes I'm thinking of:

- Profile fuse F8F Bearcat
- Finish my speed 280 mini ZagNutz
- Finish my 48" WS hi-start glider
- EDF 50 powered flat plate delta wing
- Pizza Box Flyer w/GeeBee fuse

To many ideas and so little time. Finally getting settled into my new house after the move. Hope to get back to building soon.

Eddie
Jul 11, 2003, 09:38 PM
emoone,
How was the s280 mini ZagNuts?
Jul 11, 2003, 11:04 PM
OMG guys....

I hate to say this, but just cut your NUTZ! We have been flying a 36" span ZagNutz (mini - uh... cut.. shortened) flying wing that has been just tremendous on a speed 400. Use the same plan as on my site, but cut the span down to 36" or even 32". Just cut from the tip back and leave all other dimensions the same. CG should be about 6.5" from the nose. Using a 7 cell 600 has been fantastic! We've even flown it on 7.2 volt, 6 cell 600's and it does a pretty darn good job.

These will fly inside a ball park outfield with ease.

CenTexFlyer
Jul 12, 2003, 10:26 AM
Snowbird,

Never got beyond this with the mini ZN. Just picked up a 7 cell 720mah battery pack for it about a week ago ... need to finish it up.

Eddie
Jul 17, 2003, 01:18 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
started building again one or 2 more before i move .. doing another Fiddlers Green Corsair .. full foil wing and maybe a brushless .. or a EPS300-C i will post pics as i progress on it .. going with Ailerons on this one .. Take Care and Keep Em Flying..Vyceroy
Aug 11, 2003, 12:14 PM

Joining the ZagNutz club

I'm in the process of building a ZagNutz from pink fanfold. The airframe is done, covered with packing tape. The tips and elevons are cut and covered (more pink foam). One elevon is hinged. Motor mount is in place. Just need to get a little time to finish it up. I used a 1/4" aluminum tube for a spar across the CG, and a fair amount of strapping tape as well. Power is going to be an Endoplasma geared 3.8:1 with a 12x8 folding prop and a 7 cell 3300GP NIMH battery. Should be good for 15 - 20 minutes of high-performance flight. I weighed the covered wing with motor mount and it was 15.7 ounces.

I'm looking forward to having a plane that can fly no matter how much the wind blows .
Aug 29, 2003, 09:09 PM
hey all im jus lovin all the info and things i have learned from this thread i read from the beginning to 100 on part 1. I have very limited exsperience of any building at all and plan to dive rite into it by using f3. My first plane i think i will make is the classic Zagnutz that every 1 has been talking about. Im going out tommorow to pick me up some of this fantastic cheap foam. i am actually also very new to the world of flying rc and i have been flying for a few weeks lol and i already plan to be making a few scratchbuilts, i duno hope it turns out alrite. O ye... Thanks for all the gread posts and i hope to be having a few of my own planes on this thread thanks again for the inspirations and u guys make a hell of alot of nice birds.
Aug 29, 2003, 09:12 PM
Good luck Insaneflier! If you need any help with our Nutz, there are plenty of folks here that can help you!

I know, I know... I couldn't resist.

CenTexFlyer
Aug 29, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yes thanks centex b4 i forget centex i had some trouble with the plans on ur website im sure a moreadvanced builder would not have any trouble but i did at first it didnt say u had to fold a 1/4 of an inch piece of the blucor over. So when i did it lol i used a thinck 2 inch thick piece of pink insulation foam and didnt do any folding i jus kinda did it solid. later i thougt i screwed up from looking at pictures of construction and thought i could hand craft an airfoil i still have the solid wings and glued them together any sugestions on wat i should do i can post pics of it but its kind of embarassing because i had no idea wat i was doing. I dont want to put all that good foam to waste but if i must i will if it cant be used for anything. and another question wat type of motor and prop should i use with a regular zagnutz which i plan building tommorow. I hope lowes has the stuff. 1 more thing where can i buy clorplast. K sry for the long post im new wat can u exspect till tommorow
Aug 29, 2003, 10:39 PM
sorry couldnt wait for tommorwo wat motor is geberally used the most and i duno but can somebody help with how to find center of gravity and wat motor works best with wat size and i dont even know wat a gear box does. Thanks if u could help

Id Rather Be flying

Brian
Aug 30, 2003, 12:01 AM
Robots... robots everywhere
insane flier,
a gearbox will make it so that you can use a very big prop.This means that you can get a lot more thrust, because the prop is moveing more slowly, blah blah blah

I think a S400 motor is usually used, but somebody will always overpower any model ( ie. me with a mega 5 turn +10 cells on a Bird of Prey )

Hope this helps,
Julian
Aug 30, 2003, 12:17 AM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
What's wrong with over-power?
I have a BOP with mega 4Turn and 8x1950AUP.
Tets fly this weekend.
Crash
Aug 30, 2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks Julian thats jus wat i was looking for.

O ye im goin in a few mins to lowes pic me up some foam.

1 more ? can i use hs 55 servos with the zagnutz.

Quick Reply