Oct 27, 2010, 11:36 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Thread OP
Discussion

Great Deal on 4 CH Coaxial RF Controlled at Tower hobbies

For those who want to move up to real flying/control from cheapo 3 CH, here is your chance at a very good price. Right now, Tower Hobbies has on sale the Heli-Max Comanche CX RTF for $49.98:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../hmxe14_e.html

This is a Name Brand larger full 4 channel coaxial for less than $50

Here's a review:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1139793
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Note that this was originally $99. It's not one of those slider-servo things.
Oct 27, 2010, 01:20 PM

Comanche

Awesome find dude! XHeli sells an ESky 4 channel Comanche co-ax for $79.99. I wonder if they are basically the same model with different brand names?

I believe sub $50 4 channel co-ax helis are going to become more common place in the next weeks, and months to come.

Edit Note: I looked at the ESky Comanche, and it is larger than the one (Heli Max) sold on Tower Hobbies. Non the less, the Heli Max has the advantage of being able to be flown in smaller spaces than the ESky.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
For those who want to move up to real flying/control from cheapo 3 CH, here is your chance at a very good price. Right now, Tower Hobbies has on sale the Heli-Max Comanche CX RTF for $49.98:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../hmxe14_e.html

This is a Name Brand larger full 4 channel coaxial for less than $50

Here's a review:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1139793
Oct 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3
Awesome find dude! XHeli sells an ESky 4 channel Comanche co-ax for $79.99. I wonder if they are basically the same model with different brand names?

I believe sub $50 4 channel co-ax helis are going to become more common place in the next weeks, and months to come.

Edit Note: I looked at the ESky Comanche, and it is larger than the one (Heli Max) sold on Tower Hobbies. Non the less, the Heli Max has the advantage of being able to be flown in smaller spaces than the ESky.

Ed

That's right the Esky RAH-66 comanche is a bit larger than the Heli-Max......in fact , I couldn't resist and I picked up the Esky Comanche last week from XHeli to take advantage of the fee shipping deal.

I am thinking of snagging one of these Heli-max versions nevertheless; it is too good a deal. I've been flying all of my 4 channel coaxials lately and 4 channel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO superior than any 3 channel toy. It's good seeing the 4 channel coaxial prices are coming down and mostly below $100

My recent binge purchases of a bunch of cheapo 3 channels lately was just a diversion and out of curiosity but when you do alot of flying every day like myself, 3 channel just doesn't cut it after awhile it gets old and boring. I love the complete control that you have with 4 channel coaxial yet they are still very easy to fly and stable.

Doubletap < charging up more lipos for my 4 CH coaxials>
Last edited by Doubletap; Oct 27, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
Oct 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
Thread OP

Anyone have.....a free shipping coupon for Tower?

Anyone have a good free shipping code for Tower? if I had that, it would seal the deal for me on this Heli-Max heli.
Oct 27, 2010, 01:54 PM

Coupon Code?

Quote:
Anyone have a good free shipping code for Tower? if I had that, it would seal the deal for me on this Heli-Max heli.
There might be a code for a discount on a Tower Hobbies purchase. Not sure about free shipping.

Ed
Oct 27, 2010, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3
There might be a code for a discount on a Tower Hobbies purchase. Not sure about free shipping.

Ed

Yeah, I get all their email coupons and sales notices but the problem with Tower, every time I get a $20 off $50code the darn thing has an expiration so soon after that I never get a chance to use it I actually wrote to them a couple times to complain and asked them could they sent me another one so I could actually get a chance to use it before it expires? but just replied.......so sorry, but that "promotions is over already and we can't do anything. I always get those codes accompanied with a note that says "gee, we haven't seen you for awhile so we'd like to get you back as a customer, I told them if you at least give me a reasonable amount time to use my discount code them maybe I'll return as a customer.
Oct 27, 2010, 03:32 PM
Here ya go... Leave one for me... I get paid on Friday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe
I just got my Tower Talk flyer. Code #011P9 is good for $10.00 off a $50.00 order. Should work for everyone as it came in a flyer not an e-mail. It's good until 12/31/10.

They must be really looking for extra sales as the discount card is at the front AND back page...

Joe
Oct 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thread OP

Done Deal Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8
Here ya go... Leave one for me... I get paid on Friday...
HAHA! thanks bro, I get Tower Talk also and totally forgot about those gift certificates; $10 off is good enough I guess. I threw some spare rotor blades for my Nine Eagles Solo Pro into my cart to kick the total over $50, the discount takes care of the shipping charge completely. Total was $51.76 shipped for the Heli and the spare blades
Oct 28, 2010, 08:29 AM
Only a personal comment: this looks really good, for what it is!

However, I still love my tiny 5888s for exciting small-room flying (they are a fraction of the size of the nice Comanche!). For ex., last night I got my new blue one to fly at 7.5m/sec (2.5m dia circle, completed in 2 sec), or about 14 MPH in a 15 banked turning circle, pitched forward at about 15 !! For me, anyway, that's exciting ....

Lee
Oct 28, 2010, 08:38 AM
Upstanding Member
nice find!
They must be clearing out this older model to make way for a new one, or probably they just haven't sold many because it's so damn ugly.

Too bad they don't have a Hughes 500 or even a Huhey body.
Oct 28, 2010, 08:55 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
I've been flying all of my 4 channel coaxials lately and 4 channel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO superior than any 3 channel toy.
btw that's pretty funny. Uppity 4-channel single rotor flyers say the same thing about 4-channel co-ax fliers. A-hole 6-channel fliers say the same thing about them. And real helicopter pilots think all of us like to play with toys.
How's the weather way up there on your high horse?
Oct 28, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
btw that's pretty funny. Uppity 4-channel single rotor flyers say the same thing about 4-channel co-ax fliers. A-hole 6-channel fliers say the same thing about them. And real helicopter pilots think all of us like to play with toys.
How's the weather way up there on your high horse?
You are taking out of context my comment; I am specifically talking about the control scheme and the implementation of those control schemes because 3 channel toy helis are so cheap on the design, manufacturing and quality control levels and it shows in the actual products. 4 channel is of course superior to 3 channel because you have full flight control functionality. It is what it is. Now with that said, if you are familiar with my posts, you would already know that I own and fly everything under the sun, INCLUDING 3 channel toy helis; in fact I actually have a fairly large fleet of these cheap toy grade helis and enjoy them for what they are, but THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE, just pointing out the facts is not being "elitist" at all, especially when it comes from another overgrown kid that actually plays with these inexpensive toy helis because I actually own and fly literally everything including fixed pitch single rotor helis, CCPM as well coaxial 3 channel and 4 channel coaxials, and been designing, building flying every sort of fixed wing RC aircraft for close to 40 years so I think I have enough actual experience to make that distinction. Nobody has ever accused me of being an elitist in regards with RC Modeling, I've been participating this wonderful hobby for most of my life in almost every capacity, including I've instructed/trained many new pilots for both RC aircraft and helis. The bottom line is whatever we get enjoyment from it's all good.
Oct 28, 2010, 12:19 PM
Thread OP

Mine was shipped today.

Got my tracking number today from Tower Hobbies, it's only coming from the next state over and usually arrives within 2 business days.
Oct 28, 2010, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee
Only a personal comment: this looks really good, for what it is!

However, I still love my tiny 5888s for exciting small-room flying (they are a fraction of the size of the nice Comanche!). For ex., last night I got my new blue one to fly at 7.5m/sec (2.5m dia circle, completed in 2 sec), or about 14 MPH in a 15 banked turning circle, pitched forward at about 15 !! For me, anyway, that's exciting ....

Lee

The 5888 looks like a very nice little model but it's more than what I am willing to pay and risk, especially because it is currently only available from overseas vendors. The delivered price would have to be substantially lower for me to take the chance on one.

Quick Reply