Oct 26, 2010, 03:03 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Please let me introduce myself

Sorry Chaps,

I've just realised that I've already made 2 threads looking for help without actually introducing myself and for that I appologise.
My name is Mick and I'm living in Canberra, Australia (it's the capital) I'm a 30yo electrical apprentice with both a military and IT background.
As a little fella I was always interested in modeling in minute detail. With a lot of time and not much else to do, I once carved a pretty good representation of a Bristol Cutter from a woodchip, a toothpick mast, fine cotton rigging and tissue sails. I've got 3 little girls that have kept me busy but I'm now finding time to get back into the shed.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Welcome aboard Mick. There are a few Aussies on the forum so that will be a help to you sourcing things down under. From what has shown up on these pages there is alot of talent under the Southern Cross.

You don't say if your in a club but if not I'd suggest you check one out. Model boating is always more fun with friends. The club I belong to has a club listings page at:
http://wimodelboats.org/boat_clubs.htm There are a half dozen listing for clubs in Australia. Hubertus Model Boat Club is near Sydney. Even if that is too far for being a regular member it would be a great source for information and the occasional event.
Oct 26, 2010, 08:07 AM
GILL
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME. we won't hold it against you for being upside down from us.
I've seen some realy great models comming from your area.
SO WELCOME ABOARD. you can see some of my stuff at www.jsgill.net
Oct 26, 2010, 10:17 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Welcome aboard mate!
Oct 26, 2010, 08:47 PM
Glad to have you on board.
Oct 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Welcome Mate.
Oct 27, 2010, 01:47 AM
Restful User
Welcome to the asylum.

Sounds like you need to build a Springer tug...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522762

--Bill
Oct 27, 2010, 02:27 AM
Thread OP
Springer class ey? They look neat

Quick Reply