Oct 25, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

how to make an EDF jet louder?

I know it's not a good idea for flying near a neighborhood for a long time.
BUT here's the reason I'm asking.
I've flown my Phase 3 EF-16 at my high school homecoming (yes I got principal and secretary approval) and the kids really liked it (got it all painted up w/school colors and stuff). So I might fly it again for some other school event like maybe before a varsity football game er something. So I thought making it louder for the occasion would add a bit of thrill.

But is that even possible?
And no I would not unbalance the fan to make it louder.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
You could somehow install a little microphone on it and have the sound effects come through the schools speakers

Ken
Oct 25, 2010, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlken
You could somehow install a little microphone on it and have the sound effects come through the schools speakers

Ken
ROFLLL
Oct 25, 2010, 09:28 PM
Suspended Account
I'm sure other members will come up with some other good ones. They are very creative with their ideas here as long as it stays on edf topic lol

Ken
Oct 25, 2010, 09:33 PM
you could put smoothing that whistles...go faster and it gets louder
Oct 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
Suspended Account

very easy
;-)

just cut off about 10-15 grams out of one of those blades LOL

Oct 25, 2010, 09:43 PM
At some AMA events (IE: AZ Jet Rally) there is a sound level limit of 103db for EDF jets.
But at what distance, is not specified. So it's impossible to measure until it is.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Oct 26, 2010, 07:03 AM
Effumall
The whistle from a Nerf football can be attached as if it was ordinance. Makes a nice jet-like whine.
Oct 26, 2010, 08:26 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Me thinks smoke would be cooler! not the majik kind
Oct 26, 2010, 08:51 AM
Done it all
Glue a piece of cardboard on the fan housing so that the other end rubs the blades of the fan. Ya know like a card hitting the bicycle spokes.

Somtimes when it's real quiet I yell to the peanut gallery " Hey, did you guys see that" or "Man that was one real neat crash" .....Yelling to the peanut gallery takes the pressure off the lack of noise issue. LOL
Oct 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Get a bigger plane! 90mm foamy will make plenty of noise!
Oct 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
I been meaning to try the "Machine Gun" sounds...

http://www.ramrcandramtrack.com/rcsound.html
Oct 27, 2010, 04:10 PM
I've tried small plastic whistles , mount one in the tail pipe and one on each wing tip ,makes a nice jet like whine .
Go the whole way with a Lander fan and 6s for a turbine like woosh !
Oct 29, 2010, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
k thanks a lot guys!

Quick Reply