Oct 01, 2018, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Yes, we have such a receiver - the RFU. It was designed for gliders, but it is used in just about everything.

Our original 6 channel receiver was a "Park Flyer" (only) receiver. It had a range of about 1000 feet. It was designed for indoor foamies and short range outdoor aircraft. It was replaced by the Nano 1, which eventually got a full range rating and replaced the 8 and 10 channel receivers.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2020, 02:47 PM
Jim,
Any chance more of the transmitter modules for the Aurora 9 will be available soon?

Thanks,
Alan
Apr 06, 2020, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
We don’t have any RF modules (that are inside of our transmitter modules) in inventory and we don’t know when we will be able to get more due to the current world situation.
Apr 06, 2020, 06:18 PM
Jim,
Is there anyway to use an XPS-G1 or XPS-F1 for the internals for an Aurora module?
Alan
Apr 07, 2020, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
We can remove the RF module from any of our modules and put it into a new A9 module board. The RF modules are the only part we don't have in stock. I am not sure how we would handle this though as we don't normally remove a module in a board once it has been soldered in.
Apr 14, 2020, 11:06 AM
Jim,
The one I have has a V1.065 version on the XBee module. If I can remove the module from the XPS G1 board, would it be possible to purchase the rest of the items needed from you to assembly a module for an Aurora? I would be responsible for soldering the module into the new board.

Alan
Apr 14, 2020, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
No, because the RF module has to be programmed specifically for the transmitter type. There are multiple CPUs that have to communicate with each other and the transmitter. The A9 module is a special case because it supports telemetry directly.
Apr 15, 2020, 09:05 AM
Jim,
If I send you the board/module would you be able to transplant it to the new board? If so based on expected time to receive new XBee modules, would it be better to wait until you receive new modules or send in the one I have?

Thanks,
Alan
Apr 15, 2020, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
I am told we won't have new RF modules probably until September. Most everything is back logged until at least August.

We can do the transplant from your existing module to a new board.
Apr 24, 2020, 07:02 PM
Installed the XPS module in my Aurora 9 and it works, but I can not see the receiver voltage. And I am trying to remember how to use the telemetry station to view and update firmware. It has been a few years. Thanks Jim! It did take a few beers to get around to modifying the PCB to feed the antenna cable through. But after looking and drinking and thinking it is only ground plane on both sides of the PCB and it is really only needed for 72Mhz when the antenna is really all the way through the transmitter and the RF section is in the module area. So no issues.

Alan
Apr 26, 2020, 01:32 AM
Thread OP
To see the telemetry info you have to turn it on in the receiver.

Quick Reply