Oct 22, 2010, 09:36 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Thread OP
Discussion

Spoiler drive

I was looking at the "Pretty" pictures on the German forum and came across this set-up to drive your spoilers....very slick!

to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2010, 09:54 AM
Everything's A Composite

Like it

I've yet to build this style spoiler but this does look good. Appears to be direct drive. I suppose that it would require separate sub trim for each spoiler servo in order to accurately set the closed position.
For vintage gliders the servo is nicely hidden in the D tube so there is no extra non-scale structure in the open framework.
Someone should laser cut this as a kit.

Kent
Oct 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
OK then, who has been in my workshop or probing my mind then!!!!
Was thinking along these lines two days ago but disgarded it, as someone 'over all this time' and 'with all those incredible experience builders (better than I)' would have tried them and binned the idea !!!!
Think i'll take another look as it seemed so simple and reliable.
Iain

PS.-- Yes cnc sets would be great. Please forward to me a sample pair of 370mm spoilers for testing soon anyone please please please
Oct 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Everything's A Composite
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SKY MAN
PS.-- Yes cnc sets would be great. Please forward to me a sample pair of 370mm spoilers for testing soon anyone please please please
No problem. Please specify wing depth and post your credit card number.
Oct 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Oct 23, 2010, 04:12 PM
What german forum please!!!!
credit card no to follow
Oct 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Thread OP
RC-Network

www.rc-network.de

Here is the thread:

GO4-II

Quick Reply