Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:18 AM
twistedgrim is offline
Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Registered User
twistedgrim's Avatar
When you say not as floaty do you mean in a harrier attitude? High alpha? The wing on the Yak is almost like a Vyper in the fact that it is swept back and does not have that groovy harrierness to it that a straight wing edge does. Because of the wing design it snaps VERY well, so I really like it much better for precision. The way AJ set the tail up however it does tumbles VERY well. So in retrospect to the edge this is more of a precision tumble plane than a harrier/lowhuck tumble plane. I think the Yak is most similar to the Velox/VR1's really except that this has a tad bit better precision and the cool round cowl.

FYI all of AJ planes love to fly just a hare ahead of neutral for groovy precision and badass tumbles. No bueno neutral.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:03 AM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Ben and Noll let me fly their 55 yak this weekend. Harrier was so good i put it on deck within a couple of minutes of flying it. Tumbles you are dead on tho bro it will straight up tumble very violently heheheh.cool stuff!
KE I found only needed like a touch of rudder to hold a straight line lol..wow. I didn't try a KE loop but I bet those are easy with this plane.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:15 AM
twistedgrim is offline
Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Registered User
twistedgrim's Avatar
Yea It has quickly become one of my favorite small planes. It can simply do it all.
Old May 01, 2012, 03:12 PM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Got a Yak vid Sunday night trying out a Xoar 14x7...


3DHS 46 YAK-55 Xoar 14x7 Windy Flight (3 min 42 sec)
Last edited by heritageflyer; May 01, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
rdcskkrose is offline
Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Got a Yak vid Sunday night trying out a Xoar 14x7...


http://vimeo.com/41370142
Warren,

Nice Hillbilly huckin. I'm still learnin mine.

Mines blue. I really like the red. I read somewhere here that blue flies better?

Ron
Old May 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
No. Red.
Old May 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
twistedgrim is offline
Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Registered User
twistedgrim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivens View Post
no. Red.
+1 fo sho
Old May 01, 2012, 10:06 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Red ALWAYS flies better than blue!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 01, 2012, 10:46 PM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Red ALWAYS flies better than blue!!

SteveT
Absolutely! That's why they make Joe fly a Blue One, cause it needs help.


Got another two flights tonight. Just beat the rain barely, was getting wet on the last one.
This if from the first flight...

3DHS 46 AJ YAK-55 Circle Flier Outcast (2 min 53 sec)
Last edited by heritageflyer; May 01, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
jsmith285 is offline
Find More Posts by jsmith285
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Absolutely! That's why they make Joe fly a Blue One, cause it needs help.


Got another two flights tonight. Just beat the rain barely, was getting wet on the last one.
This if from the first flight...

http://vimeo.com/41396297
Nice
Old May 02, 2012, 03:24 PM
hone1er is offline
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
I'm trying to decide if i should get this or the 42 slick. It's really more of a question of which one to get first since they both use the same gear when i crash one i'll replace it with the other. I have a buck huck and a 47 shp at the moment so it's not going to be my first 3d plane
Old May 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I'm trying to decide if i should get this or the 42 slick. It's really more of a question of which one to get first since they both use the same gear when i crash one i'll replace it with the other. I have a buck huck and a 47 shp at the moment so it's not going to be my first 3d plane
Nothing flies like a Slick!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 02, 2012, 04:34 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I run 3s2200's and 600watts of 130g motor in my 46"yak....with hitec 65's.....all of that is 48" class weight and power.....if you used that in a 42 slick, it would be a heavy one.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:11 PM
racerxky is offline
Find More Posts by racerxky
Watts is where its at!
racerxky's Avatar
Agreed. You can run the 103 gram motor in the 46" but I had 1800mah packs in the 42" airplane I had. 2200 would be a big pack for the little 42" slick or edge.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:25 PM
ben_beyer is online now
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Registered User
Are most guys running 3S 2200 in this one instead of 4S 2200?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion yak 55 M where sells this one ???? maikrotex 3D / Fun Fly Fuel Planes 1 Nov 07, 2010 10:23 AM
Found z RC4RS Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 15, 2010 12:09 PM
Build Log Got parts from Hobby Lobby Yak 55, lets build a full fuse Yak 55 Lampatex Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 16 Jun 13, 2007 11:50 AM