The XAircraft X650/X650V MultiCopter (Aerial Photography & Video) owners thread - Page 624 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 31, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee
About 14ms
thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2011, 12:29 PM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcopter
I'm curious, are you using the GoPro for FPV?
Or for video and the Canon for stills?
I haven't got in to FPV yet, that's my next project and been looking at the RVOSD - V5 for this. But at the moment the Gopro is being used for the Video and the Canon for stills.
Jul 31, 2011, 12:35 PM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSkidShort
You're most certainly welcome!! Take the time to look for other scripts as there are quite a few that are really cool. Not sure if you noticed, but now your camera is able to take RAW photos which is a nice option. If you get yourself a copy of Quicktime Pro, you'll be able to make great time lapse videos as well

Regards,
Bill
Great information regarding the CHDK, been looking in to this myself but got a bit overwhelmed by it all. Might take another look as it's a great way of freeing up a TX channel.

I did ask Jingchen quite awhile ago about adding an auto shutter fire option in the set up menu with adjustable fire timing as this would be fairly easy to implement, he said he would add this to the list and maybe release in the next few firmware updates after the G*S is up and running..
Jul 31, 2011, 02:20 PM
Registered User
Greetings all! I'm looking at getting the x650 for doing some video and still photography. I have a ton of newbie questions and I'm hoping somebody with experience putting together a stable video platform could contact me privately so I could ask them directly instead of posting them all here. Thank you for your help and time!!
Jul 31, 2011, 06:43 PM
AMA 754
BobRCnut's Avatar

X650 camera setup?


Hi, all...
Having problems understanding the camera setup. I have it wired exactly as shown in the Wiki for "Tilt camera mount wiring"... Rc channels 6 and 7 to FC input ports 6 and 7, FC outputs 9 and 12 to tilt and shutter servos. With everything connected and powered up, the camera tilt servo moves when the X650 is tilted fore and aft, but neither the shutter nor tilt servos respond to Tx controls (Aurora 9, channel 6 assigned to left slider, channel 7 assigned to the spring-return switch H. If I start up Xaircraft Center and go to RC settings, moving the Tx slider causes the green bar under "Channel 6" to jump from low to medium to high, and hitting the Tx shutter switch causes the green bar under "Channel 7" to do likewise. Is the recommended wiring setup valid only for the Configuration software? Xaircraft Center implies that I should be using different FC inputs or outputs, but I'm not sure because the tilt servo does in fact respond to tilting the airframe.
Jul 31, 2011, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut
Hi, all...
Having problems understanding the camera setup. I have it wired exactly as shown in the Wiki for "Tilt camera mount wiring"... Rc channels 6 and 7 to FC input ports 6 and 7, FC outputs 9 and 12 to tilt and shutter servos..
The rc 6 and 7 outputs should go to FC 9 and 12 inputs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut
With everything connected and powered up, the camera tilt servo moves when the X650 is tilted fore and aft, but neither the shutter nor tilt servos respond to Tx controls (Aurora 9, channel 6 assigned to left slider, channel 7 assigned to the spring-return switch H. If I start up Xaircraft Center and go to RC settings, moving the Tx slider causes the green bar under "Channel 6" to jump from low to medium to high, and hitting the Tx shutter switch causes the green bar under "Channel 7" to do likewise. Is the recommended wiring setup valid only for the Configuration software? Xaircraft Center implies that I should be using different FC inputs or outputs, but I'm not sure because the tilt servo does in fact respond to tilting the airframe.
That's why you're getting the wrong channels moving in the Config software, because you've got them wired to the wrong inputs on the FC
Jul 31, 2011, 08:54 PM
AMA 754
BobRCnut's Avatar
Thanks for the help... got it working now, but not quite as you recommended. It's actually inputs 9 and 11, with output 9 to tilt servo and output 11 to shutter servo. It appears that Xaircraft Center and the corresponding firmware 1.32 have completely reassigned some of the channels... 12 is now designated as "Gain", and FC channels 5-8 are designated as switch-controlled. The Xaircraft web site Wiki about tilt camera mount wiring is definitely wrong when using the Xaircraft Center application.
Jul 31, 2011, 09:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Great information regarding the CHDK, been looking in to this myself but got a bit overwhelmed by it all. Might take another look as it's a great way of freeing up a TX channel.

I did ask Jingchen quite awhile ago about adding an auto shutter fire option in the set up menu with adjustable fire timing as this would be fairly easy to implement, he said he would add this to the list and maybe release in the next few firmware updates after the G*S is up and running..
If yourself or anyone else needs help setting up CHDK on any compatible Canon camera, just send me a PM and I'll walk you through all the steps. It appears to be very very daunting at first but quite simple once you're explained a couple of details. It literally adds 100's of options so it looks overwhelming...but it's easy.
Jul 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
Incurable heli addict
McKrackin's Avatar
Anyone ever figure out the left roll when coming out of shade to sunlight?

I was flying today and it was glaringly obvious that coming from shade to sunlight has a drastic effect on it.

It lays over 30° or more and barely has enough right roll left in the controls to stop it.

I do not own a compass or GPS by the way.

Later in the day,my third prop split and brought it down
I'll go with APC from here.
Aug 01, 2011, 02:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSkidShort
If yourself or anyone else needs help setting up CHDK on any compatible Canon camera, just send me a PM and I'll walk you through all the steps. It appears to be very very daunting at first but quite simple once you're explained a couple of details. It literally adds 100's of options so it looks overwhelming...but it's easy.
Thanks for that offer Bill, I will definitely take you up on it some time in the future.
Rob
Aug 01, 2011, 02:43 AM
Registered User
I got the auto update for the center, but it does not connect. Has anyone found a fix with the Win 7 64bit problem Yet.

I was able to update tto the new firmwares though my older version software.

What part of the software to most people play with to adjust the handleing of their machine? I hear that you tune the machine through the software, and not throug h using expo and such on the radio.

Last thing is that I purchased some new APC Slow flyer props instead of the stock ones for the x650. Problem is that none of the prop spacers fit the motor shaft correctly. what do you guys use to get the APC props to fit n the threaded motor shaft correctly? Do you just use a not to screw down to hold the prop on? The stock prop nut is to shallow to screw down far enough to lock the APC props down.
Aug 01, 2011, 03:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin
Anyone ever figure out the left roll when coming out of shade to sunlight?

I was flying today and it was glaringly obvious that coming from shade to sunlight has a drastic effect on it.

It lays over 30° or more and barely has enough right roll left in the controls to stop it.

I do not own a compass or GPS by the way.
If you do a search on Google it seems that Gyroscopes and Accelerometers are effected by temperature change. I am not saying that this is the cause but read here: http://groups.google.com/group/uavde...b4ac62f410787d
If this is true then one has to place an insulating layer above the AHRS.

Tell me, was it a hot day and what would you say the temperature change was going from shade to sunlight. You guys have been having quite an extreme summer. Maybe there are temperature limitations on the operation of the AHRS.

Maybe Jingchen and his experts can comment on this.
Aug 01, 2011, 03:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum
Finally got the new Xaircarft Config Center working with Win 7 64 bit,
Here is the link
http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/images..._1.0.2.728.zip
Above is the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x
I got the auto update for the center, but it does not connect. Has anyone found a fix with the Win 7 64bit problem Yet.

I was able to update tto the new firmwares though my older version software.

What part of the software to most people play with to adjust the handleing of their machine? I hear that you tune the machine through the software, and not throug h using expo and such on the radio.

Last thing is that I purchased some new APC Slow flyer props instead of the stock ones for the x650. Problem is that none of the prop spacers fit the motor shaft correctly. what do you guys use to get the APC props to fit n the threaded motor shaft correctly? Do you just use a not to screw down to hold the prop on? The stock prop nut is to shallow to screw down far enough to lock the APC props down.
I would still use expo as this slows down your own response.

Using the APC props, I used a small part of the skid to make up the gap. Inside diameter is 4mm and fits perfectly. And then a 4mm nut with washer to hold the prop on.
Aug 01, 2011, 03:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x
I got the auto update for the center, but it does not connect. Has anyone found a fix with the Win 7 64bit problem Yet.

I was able to update tto the new firmwares though my older version software.

What part of the software to most people play with to adjust the handleing of their machine? I hear that you tune the machine through the software, and not throug h using expo and such on the radio.

Last thing is that I purchased some new APC Slow flyer props instead of the stock ones for the x650. Problem is that none of the prop spacers fit the motor shaft correctly. what do you guys use to get the APC props to fit n the threaded motor shaft correctly? Do you just use a not to screw down to hold the prop on? The stock prop nut is to shallow to screw down far enough to lock the APC props down.
Hi Patrick. You need to use prop adaptors like this. I think its 4mm shaft. There are different types. http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=sh...tName=Adaptors
Aug 01, 2011, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin
Anyone ever figure out the left roll when coming out of shade to sunlight?

I was flying today and it was glaringly obvious that coming from shade to sunlight has a drastic effect on it.

It lays over 30° or more and barely has enough right roll left in the controls to stop it.

I do not own a compass or GPS by the way.

Later in the day,my third prop split and brought it down
I'll go with APC from here.
Haven't had a chance yet to repeat the tests to confirm after I first noticed it, been too busy building and testing a plane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Xaircraft X650 Quad Owners and Testers Thread Z06 Tony Multirotor Drone Talk 459 Feb 07, 2014 03:54 PM
Discussion x650 Technical Documents Translation:XAircraft X650 LED Module infmetry Multirotor Drone Talk 9 Nov 22, 2011 07:03 PM
Discussion WANTED:Test-Pilots for X650&Letter to XAircraft Pilots/The final namelist determined xaircraft Multirotor Drone Talk 35 Jan 11, 2011 08:28 AM
Discussion X650 the new quad from XAircraft to be launched very soon bob.titus Multirotor Drone Talk 558 Nov 20, 2010 12:33 PM
Discussion Official!!!!!! Parrot A.RDrone USA owners thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Drone Talk 59 Oct 28, 2010 12:48 AM