Apr 25, 2011, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
go home If you go home the point too much, you can modify the software in the parameter adjustment "position" tab bar maximum amount of GPS (the default is 200), can be modified at around 100-150.

Just found this on a china web page looks like you can slow down RTH by changing the default number from 200 to 150-100 im going to try this later today Tom
Yes, it's a bit too hard. Because we tune the parameters on a windy day, if too smooth, i fear that the wind will blow away the quad.
Will tune down it after the EXPO
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2011, 02:46 AM

Addition for GPS functions

Addition for GPS functions:
The Home Point is logged after the motor-starting about seconds. So it's recommended that to hover the quad in front of you at 2~3m height for about 10 seconds.
And when using the GPS function, far from buildings and trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
I thought that home would have been defined as a hover position, both altitude and position that you decide on. Ideally, I would like to hover in front of me at about 2-3m and define this as home, and this is where the quad would return to once GOHOME was activated.

Anyway, looks like another module will be on the shopping list.

Tom, how long does it take for the altitude setting to be activated?

Looking forward to playing with this...sounds like fun.
Apr 25, 2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule
Just had a horrific crash trying to use position hold. I let the sticks go for 2 seconds at which time during the first two seconds everything was fine. It then proceeded to take off at unprecedented speed and crashed into a tree at full speed rendering my quad inoperable due to the considerable amount of pieces it is in. Is there something im missing? It's in position two. Go Home works just fine and even holds position when it does however just regular position hold has been nightmarish. settings read about 1504 for center position for the assigned channel. Any suggestions about gps gain settings in the module menu? very very sad day for my quad will take some time to rebuild.
Hi tech, very sorry to hear your crash
did you use the Position Hold before take-off?

PS, GoHome is a kind of Position Hold, the difference between them is the position to hold is the Home Point, and position hold use the current position to hold.
Apr 25, 2011, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen
Hi tech, very sorry to hear your crash
did you use the Position Hold before take-off?

PS, GoHome is a kind of Position Hold, the difference between them is the position to hold is the Home Point, and position hold use the current position to hold.
Hey Jingchen. I activated position hold while in the air waited two seconds and after two seconds it sped away very fast then crashed by itself. Do I need to trim my switch settings? Maybe the settings make it think it is in rth mode?
Apr 25, 2011, 03:50 AM
Fly low!
Hi,

Bad morning...

Crashed my X650.
It falls down from a huge hight and i couldnīt control anything bad feeling.

I donīt know why but it was caused by my lipo that died in the air after 5 min flying.

Means for me a X650 stop in flying
Bougth a new Airplane a few wees ago and as student it takes some time to get a little bit money for hobby.

A few pictures from the flight and after it.

Norbert

Name: IMG_0306.jpg
Views: 129
Size: 158.4 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0310.jpg
Views: 115
Size: 153.1 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0341.jpg
Views: 105
Size: 145.7 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0345.jpg
Views: 126
Size: 141.0 KB
Description:

Last Picture seconds before fall down

Name: IMG_0348.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 147.5 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN3953.jpg
Views: 196
Size: 178.6 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN3954.jpg
Views: 161
Size: 182.8 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN3955.jpg
Views: 167
Size: 177.3 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN3957.jpg
Views: 154
Size: 180.5 KB
Description:
Apr 25, 2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen
Addition for GPS functions:
The Home Point is logged after the motor-starting about seconds. So it's recommended that to hover the quad in front of you at 2~3m height for about 10 seconds.
And when using the GPS function, far from buildings and trees
Jingchen,

can you develop a menu in the setup software so that user can manually input the height/altitude of the home point, say if I want the quad to hover to 25 meters off the ground when I hit the go home switch?

Fajar
Apr 25, 2011, 03:55 AM
I know how it feels, sorry about your loss... Hope it'll recover soon.

Fajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf
Hi,

Bad morning...

Crashed my X650.

I donīt know why but it was caused by my lipo that died in the air after 5 min flying.

Bougth a new Airplane a few wees ago and as student it takes some time to get a little bit money for hobby.

Norbert
Apr 25, 2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
Jingchen or any one who can answer how do the PIDs work in P.hold and how would i make the presser sensor on Alti hold more sensitive any info will help Tom
Hi tom,
I saw you vid. It seems it got an wrong position data suddenly.

the PID for Position Hold & GoHome:
P: how fast will the quad return to the target position(the position to hold).
I: will help holding when nearing the target position. the value should be small.
D: will dampen the speed for return to the position. will help the quad slow down when the quad is not far away from the target position.

For Altitude Hold,
you can consider the P as sensitivity, but it's not recommended to tune it up. because the original values of barometer are quite noisy. the Altitude Hold based on barometer should works in low speed.
Apr 25, 2011, 04:16 AM
winkybone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I hooked up my GPS and compass today. It's kinda windy outside so couldn't really test them. I did let it sit several minutes to acquire satellite lock. It didn't lock. On my FPV plane GPS unit I had to let it sit for >1/2 for the first lock. After that it locks very quickly. I'm going to guess this is probably the case for the XA unit too. What 'initial' wait times are people seeing?
Hi I am finding 2 mins is about time GPS turns from RED / GREEN to Solid GREEN then everything is set
Apr 25, 2011, 04:16 AM
winkybone
Red/ Green to Green takes about 2 mins dependant on battery storable in GPS
Apr 25, 2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone
Hi I am finding 2 mins is about time GPS turns from RED / GREEN to Solid GREEN then everything is set
Hi Mark. Any flight footage yet of the GPS in action?
Apr 25, 2011, 04:25 AM
winkybone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
Hi Mark. Any flight footage yet of the GPS in action?
Yesterday at Bury Model Flying Club had some flights. I had some success but then a crash similar to the ones descirbed here on the forum the X650 shot off with a mind of its own and i couldn't control it. After coming home I rebuilt , re calibrated the Compass and it flew ok again. I think the compass became magnetized and that caused the problem, it wasn't easy to put down. I think after a few days od playing with this and the new videos
XAircraft Flight Mode, GPS,Compass Function Introduction and Instruction (7 min 50 sec)
everything will be OK just New adopters always are testers !! Last night very clam conditions flew well
Apr 25, 2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule
Hey Jingchen. I activated position hold while in the air waited two seconds and after two seconds it sped away very fast then crashed by itself. Do I need to trim my switch settings? Maybe the settings make it think it is in rth mode?
It seems it got an incorrect position to hold and then it fly towards that incorrect position.
I suggest you to have a longer hover before using the GPS functions.

and your mention of sticks makes me remember one more thing to tell, do not use a lot of trim on Pitch & Roll, the FC may thought you haven't release you sticks so it still in manual control mode and not enter P.H.
Apr 25, 2011, 04:31 AM
winkybone
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone
Yesterday at Bury Model Flying Club had some flights. I had some success but then a crash similar to the ones descirbed here on the forum the X650 shot off with a mind of its own and i couldn't control it. After coming home I rebuilt , re calibrated the Compass and it flew ok again. I think the compass became magnetized and that caused the problem, it wasn't easy to put down. I think after a few days od playing with this and the new videos http://vimeo.com/22778787 everything will be OK just New adopters always are testers !! Last night very clam conditions flew well
I just realised what I was doing wrong I didn't use the three position switch on the radio set, now it should be fine no scary moments (GPS Set UP)
Apr 25, 2011, 04:33 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf
Hi,

Bad morning...

Crashed my X650.

Norbert
Oh boy, what a fatal crash!

I feel sorry for ya!