Thread Tools
Apr 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
Registered User
Thanks Norbert

I'm impressed with your flying skills using the goggle, I had a try for the first time tonight and it isn't that easy to do. This is going to be a awesome challenge to conquer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf
Oh sorry sure,

I use Sony Vegas 10

Norbert
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2011, 06:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum
Thanks Norbert

I'm impressed with your flying skills using the goggle, I had a try for the first time tonight and it isn't that easy to do. This is going to be a awesome challenge to conquer.
Norf is a pro sponsored flyer check out his plane vids and stuff, very cool
Apr 21, 2011, 06:04 AM
Registered User
ilkevinli's Avatar
Thanks RC for the help !!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
This was changed.

You can still use FC input 5 to control it with a transmitter switch if you want. Just set RC tab input 5 to FlightMode.

Or if you want to leave it permanently in one mode you can leave FC input 5 disconnected, set RC tab input 5 to flight mode, then use the "reverse" check box for input 5 to choose the mode. But the way it was before was a little easier.

Don't forget to hit "save" after you use the "reverse" check box so the change actually gets well....saved.


Are you actually trying to fly the quad or are you just testing it on the ground in your hands? I ask because the heading hold stuff can make it seams like the yaw stick doesn't do anything if you yaw the quad and don't return it to it's original heading.

If you get no yaw while flying I'd check your connections to the FC and Receiver.
Apr 21, 2011, 06:23 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb
Norf is a pro sponsored flyer check out his plane vids and stuff, very cool
... but he bought the X650 on his own.
XAircraft made a big mistake not to choose him as a tester.
Apr 21, 2011, 06:43 AM
Registered User
I know that the max gross weight is 1800g.
But, how far can one push this. I am about 50-100g over.
Have reduced battery size to 2250mAh

Do the weight of the props get included? as they are 18g each.
Apr 21, 2011, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
I know that the max gross weight is 1800g.
But, how far can one push this. I am about 50-100g over.
Have reduced battery size to 2250mAh

Do the weight of the props get included? as they are 18g each.
the max weight is suggested at 1.8kg because of the esc size and the standard props can get a bit bendy.

if you are easy going 2kg 'should' be ok, although I would personally use APC props at that weight
Apr 21, 2011, 06:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum
I've being playing around with designing some X8 motor plates and Octo center plates. Still working on the Y6 configuration.
Nice frames will we be able to use the oct plates to make a hexa Tom
Apr 21, 2011, 07:00 AM
Registered User
I can easily change the pattern in the CAD model to make Hexa plates. Is there interest in a set of Hexa paltes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
Nice frames will we be able to use the oct plates to make a hexa Tom
Apr 21, 2011, 07:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum
I can easily change the pattern in the CAD model to make Hexa plates. Is there interest in a set of Hexa paltes?
Y es i no a few of us here would be interested on the frist page Jingchen has a cad file have you looked at that then we can use all XA stuff like esc thank you Tom
Apr 21, 2011, 07:16 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
QuadcoptersUk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
... but he bought the X650 on his own.
XAircraft made a big mistake not to choose him as a tester.
We here at Quadcopters.co.uk are very proud and grateful to have Norf testing for us, and we will continue to support him all we can in the future.
His videos are inspirational both multi rotor and fixed wing.

Geoff
Last edited by QuadcoptersUk; Apr 21, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typo
Apr 21, 2011, 07:23 AM
Registered User
Tom,
I've designed all the plates to suit Xaircraft hardware, so every thing will fit.
I have just order a bunch of spare parts to build up some of the plates. The first one will be the X8. I will be using two of Xaircraft ESC 4A in the X8.
All of the plates will be cut from 2mm G10 or Carbon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
Y es i no a few of us here would be interested on the frist page Jingchen has a cad file have you looked at that then we can use all XA stuff like esc thank you Tom
Apr 21, 2011, 07:39 AM
Registered User

Plates


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum
Tom,
I've designed all the plates to suit Xaircraft hardware, so every thing will fit.
I have just order a bunch of spare parts to build up some of the plates. The first one will be the X8. I will be using two of Xaircraft ESC 4A in the X8.
All of the plates will be cut from 2mm G10 or Carbon.
That's great any idea when you will start cutting them i will take a set of plates made with G10 for my hexa i will be building thank you Tom
Apr 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb
the max weight is suggested at 1.8kg because of the esc size and the standard props can get a bit bendy.

if you are easy going 2kg 'should' be ok, although I would personally use APC props at that weight
Thanks Josh...does that 1800g include the weight of the Props?

Another thing, do you know what the voltage is that is coming out if the FC? To try and save weight I have to ditch a few batteries.

Thanks
Rob
Apr 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
Thanks Josh...does that 1800g include the weight of the Props?

Another thing, do you know what the voltage is that is coming out if the FC? To try and save weight I have to ditch a few batteries.

Thanks
Rob
its All UP Weight so yes it includes prop weight. the the total eight that lifts off the ground.

it's 5v out of the fc which comes from the BEC on the esc. I soldered an extra 12 output wire from the solder points on the esc, or you could make up a y connector to tap 12v from the fan power plug
Apr 21, 2011, 08:33 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Gents,
Seems like there are quite a few XAircraft X650's are flying now. Consider adding your count to the Mega Index part 2 poll here as it shows only 3 folks with X650s at this time. The part 2 poll has been going for over a year now
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Xaircraft X650 Quad Owners and Testers Thread Z06 Tony Multirotor Drone Talk 459 Feb 07, 2014 02:54 PM
Discussion x650 Technical Documents Translation:XAircraft X650 LED Module infmetry Multirotor Drone Talk 9 Nov 22, 2011 06:03 PM
Discussion WANTED:Test-Pilots for X650&Letter to XAircraft Pilots/The final namelist determined xaircraft Multirotor Drone Talk 35 Jan 11, 2011 07:28 AM
Discussion X650 the new quad from XAircraft to be launched very soon bob.titus Multirotor Drone Talk 558 Nov 20, 2010 11:33 AM
Discussion Official!!!!!! Parrot A.RDrone USA owners thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Drone Talk 59 Oct 27, 2010 11:48 PM