The XAircraft X650/X650V MultiCopter (Aerial Photography & Video) owners thread
XAircraft: A bird's-eye view of the world.
XAircraft X650/X650 Value is a RC Quadcopter designed for hobby AP/AV and FPV.
X650 Value Features
* Almost ready to fly, just need to assembly and do the test on ground
* Easier to assembly
* Foldable, easy to carry
* New place for camera mount, with wider view angle, good for AP/AV
* XAircraft FC1212-S Flight control system based, no need a third part gyro for camera mount auto-leveling.
* 4chn rx is enough for fly, more than 6 chn is recommended
* With 4 motors.
* Empty Weight: 880g(receiver and battery are not included)
* Payload Capacity: 720g
* Max Gross Take-Off Weight: 1600g, DO NOT OVERLOAD ON X650 WHICH CAN LEAD TO DANGER.
* with 8 motors.
* Empty Weight: 1260g(receiver and battery are not included)
* Payload Capacity: 940g
* Max Gross Take-Off Weight: 2200g, DO NOT OVERLOAD ON X650 WHICH CAN LEAD TO DANGER.
The production is stopped, but still providing spare parts.
* Easy to assembly
* only some function test is needed on soft ground before flying
* support Hover Mode and Cruise Mode, and can be swithed in the air
* 4chn rx is enough for fly, more than 6 chn is recommended
* Maximum Gross Take-Off Weight: 1800g. DO NOT OVERLOAD ON X650 WHICH CAN LEAD TO DANGER.
FC1212-S and AHRS-S auto-stabilization sytem, AP/AV based.
FC1212-S flight controller with Camera Mount Compensation outputs :
* 12 input ports, can support 12chn RX at max.
* 8 motor outputs, can be configured to quad, Y6, hexa, X8 and octa.
* 4 servo outputs for camera mounts, fit for single sharft, pan & till, or 3-axial camera mount with shutter control servo.
* Modular designed, good expandability. besides one port for AHRS module, extra 4 ports for expanding, GPS module will be available soon.
* Firmware upgradable and a lot of parameters configurable with Powerful XAircraft Configuration software.
AHRS-S (attitude & heading system):
* 3 axial gyros & 3-axial accelerometer sensor based.
* Firmware upgradable.
* Can do the healthy check with XAircraft Configuration soft.
* one port for Compass, heading lock available.
* CM130-TS Tilt Camera Mount (servos is not included)
* CM130-TPS Pan/Tilt Camera Mount(in the end of testing), servos included.
* GPS, will be available April, 2011. Position Hold, Altitude Hold and GoHome features will be available.
. videos in dev:
. * Position Hold: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ3NzQ3NTMy.html (with no Altitude Hold)
. * Position Hold: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ3NzkxMjcy.html (with no Altitude Hold)
. * GoHome: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ3ODI5NTk2.html
. * GoHome: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ3ODA5NzA4.html
. * Altitude, Position, Heading Hold: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3955 (Keep in optimization)
* wireless data link and ground station (in dev): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ4NjAyMTA0.html
* PM Jingchen on RCGroups for tech. support.
* Tech. support: email@example.com
* Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Biz: email@example.com
Where to buy?
All e RC
Information / Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited by xaircraft; Nov 24, 2011 at 01:33 AM.
XAircraft X650 Resources Index
Thanks all the pilots in this thread who were and are sharing the information and experiences that helped a lot of people.
* X650 WIKI: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/X650(en)
* X650 WIKI index: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/X650_Resources/en
* Configuration Software: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/XAircr...figuration(en)
* Configuration Software, Firmwares and settgins pack download: http://www.xaricraft.com/wiki/downloads(en)
Q: Connect Failed: Timeout
A: Might have pluged the 4 pin cable to the AHRS. the 4 pin cable has to be pluged to FC link port.
And someone have the problem that after a FC firmware upgrade, there's a timeout error message too. re-upgrade the FC with proper firmware can solve this problem.
Q: Connect Failed: Struct_AttitudeControlConfig has invalid length
A: It's telling your FC firmware is not match to the Configuration soft. After you update the software, and upgrade the FC firmware to the latest version, the problem will be solved.
Q: How to upgrade FC1212-S?
Q: How to upgrade AHRS-S?
and here's a video about firmware upgrade made by Jeff(zirt57, a very kind person).
Q: Upgrade Failed! Reason: Wait_Bootloader_Startup_Timeout
A: Don't forget to unplug the 4 pin cable at the 2nd step and replug-in the 4 pin cable after you click the 'Upgrade' button. If you still got this failed message, then remove all wires from the module to upgrade(FC, AHRS or other upgradable module) and try again.
Q: How to use the Camera Mount?
A: Here's the video tutorial: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI2MjA2NDY0.html
Q: How to do the RC Calibration?
Q: How to use the AHRS Calibration?
Q: How to make a screen shot?
A: for windows, there's a key named 'Prnt Scrn'(print screen) on the key board. when you press it, the whole screen will be in the clipboard, and you can paste it to any paint program like mspaint, photoshop etc. you also can press alt+prnt scrn to print the current activated window(not the whole screen). you can save the picture as a .jpg file(.bmp file is too huge for internet sharing).
Q: How to make a screen vidoe?
A: Here is a free soft for screen recording: http://camstudio.org/
Q: How to make video file to a smaller size?
A: *.avi video format is common for camera to use, it's very big size file. this free soft is easy to use: http://www.formatoz.com/index.html Mp4 format is recommended(some cameras are already support this format).
Q: How to get more efficient service?
A: besides product SN and description in details(weather, environment, operation and the aircraft motion etc), some pictures(photos, screen shots) and videos will help us easier to understand the problem you have.
YouTube Search: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...2C24%2C1&uni=3
Flight Tips & Experiences
Q: What should I do after got the first XAircraft?
A: Follow the manual and assembly the copter to the default flight style. Then after do some test on the soft ground to see all the reactions for your stick operation is correct, go fly(maybe needs some trim on the radio). After being familiar to the X650, then go to configuration software to do the RC Calibration and AHRS Calibration for a better flight.
After fly in snow or wet weather.
After fly in snow or wet weather, it's a good idea to use a hair-drier to dry the electric parts to avoid burning because of the short circuit caused by the water.
how to balance the motor?
With motor balanced, the vibration will be less to the AHRS.
Resources for DIYer
Notice: DIY frame need re-tune the motor settings(mixer) and PID parameters.
* Using normal ESC
* Mixer Rules:
* PID Recources:
. * Thanks Josh for re-description: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=122
. * http://www.expertune.com/tutor.html
* DIY X8
. * Thanks Jeff for always forwarding the video from China: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2224
. * DIY by Delfin000 : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3652 Thanks for your sharing
* DIY Y6
. ** Thanks to Delfin000 and his friend Valery: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3645 (video included)
. ** Josh Build, Thanks for sharing
. *** Building: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4744
. *** Center Plates: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post17967119
. *** First test video: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post17925935
. *** Props Test: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4926
* DIY HEXA
. * Frame Plates: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1148
. * Configuration on soft: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1129
. * http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI3NDA2MzIw.html
. * http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI3MzkwNjc2.html
. * http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI3MzgxODAw.html
. * Another Config(Hexa X, with 2 motors in the front): https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4553 Thanks RCvertt.
* DIY OCTA
. * Configuration & Videos: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2168
Last edited by xaircraft; Apr 22, 2011 at 03:23 AM.
Last edited by xaircraft; Oct 24, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
Since test-pilots in China had received their aircrafts early,they are helping us to improve our products.Problems pointed out by them have been lised on XAircraft wiki.Here is the link: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/X650_Hardware_Issues/en
Last edited by xaircraft; Oct 23, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Exactly,machines shipped out to foreign test-pilots have been updated with the right cables.And machines sent out after 20th Oct will not have cable problems like that. Users in China who purchased X650 in the first batch of X650 on 15th Oct have get their cables changed in time.But due to few machines in the first batch which was sent out to China distributor on 15th Oct had been sold abroad.It is quite unfortunate that we can not change cables for them in time.
Last edited by xaircraft; Oct 23, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
OK I'm making some head way so far its going together very nice parts look to be high quality and goes together easy this is about 2-hours of work so far will most likely finish it on Sunday
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Xaircraft X650 Quad Owners and Testers Thread||Z06 Tony||Multirotor Drone Talk||459||Feb 07, 2014 02:54 PM|
|Discussion||x650 Technical Documents Translation：XAircraft X650 LED Module||infmetry||Multirotor Drone Talk||9||Nov 22, 2011 06:03 PM|
|Discussion||WANTED:Test-Pilots for X650&Letter to XAircraft Pilots/The final namelist determined||xaircraft||Multirotor Drone Talk||35||Jan 11, 2011 07:28 AM|
|Discussion||X650 the new quad from XAircraft to be launched very soon||bob.titus||Multirotor Drone Talk||558||Nov 20, 2010 11:33 AM|
|Discussion||Official!!!!!! Parrot A.RDrone USA owners thread||Quad_Addict||Multirotor Drone Talk||59||Oct 27, 2010 11:48 PM|