Sep 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb

It looks like the RTH works good but w/the GPS enabled it makes a big circle. Can that be tuned out or is that just the accuracy of the GPS?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick T
Me too...for the GPS.

But I have the compass and for me it has worked as advertised. Furthermore it has saved me from crashing my quads a couple of times, so they have been well worth the cost.
I wonder why it works for some and not others. There must be something that you are doing right. Maybe take a few pics of your X650 setup and show us.
Sep 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebinns
I'm with you mate - enough talking - we need proof and evidence!!!

George

Just found this - Xaircraft.co.uk claim to have flown their X650 V4 succesfully with the GPS and compass - but again, no specific information or process detailed - very frustrating!!!!!
Sorry George, I wasn't asking Russ for proof as I sincerely beleive he does indeed have a stable GPS/Compass set up

Just hoping to spot something uniques about his set up that may help others here

For you 650V owners wondering, the electronics of both the new and old systems are the same, as are the GPS and compass it's only really the arm length, motors and esc's which differ and that should make absolutely no difference to GPS/compass performance, you guys do seem to have one extra issue (which us older x650 owners have had at times too) and that's the breaking props
Sep 29, 2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef
I need some advice... I have a x650 carbon Pro kit... If I upgrade to the x650 V4 FRAME only, what else besides the parts I already have will I have to get?
I wouldn't quote that as an upgrade... More sideways. Some would even say downgrade.
Sep 29, 2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee
Sorry George, I wasn't asking Russ for proof as I sincerely beleive he does indeed have a stable GPS/Compass set up

Just hoping to spot something uniques about his set up that may help others here

For you 650V owners wondering, the electronics of both the new and old systems are the same, as are the GPS and compass it's only really the arm length, motors and esc's which differ and that should make absolutely no difference to GPS/compass performance, you guys do seem to have one extra issue (which us older x650 owners have had at times too) and that's the breaking props
There is a difference. The length of DC cables are longer on the 650V and the ESC are next to the motors. This creates more EMF than the AC cables, but then having the large ESC under everything on the 650 could also create problems. So, a solution that works for one, may not work for the other.
Sep 29, 2011, 03:10 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Something that frustrate me is Xaircraft has release a faulty GPS in the beginning and now we must risk it in the postal service to get it to them to get a replacement.

We have seen already one guy GPS got lost in the postal service. Xa can at least send all GPS owners a replacement with us paying the postage. But why do they 1ste want old one back?
That is such a small thing to get lost, one package off mine has already got lost from USA.

Now i wonder will they replace our GPS if it got lost in postal service to them?
Sep 29, 2011, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJtr1954
Perhaps getting th' esc's ta' work consistantly, maybe th' compass & GPS...maybe a year or two!....ROFLMAO!....JJ....
Don't bet on it
I guarantee that instead of devoting all their time to sorting the GPS, props, esc's and compass that XA will be spending the rescources in developing new products and or the XA ground station with telemtry and maybe fpv capabilities

Then we'll have a whole new influx of people here saying "wish I had read this thread before I ordered it"

I can see it now, by the time all the newest add-ons are out there will be people saying "it was all going so well, I was watching my XA on Google maps, the map said it was a mile away right before it hit me in the back of my head"
Sep 29, 2011, 03:12 PM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!

Gps...

While the mounting has been a big issue I believe that where you are at, how many satellite locks you get & Where you are actually flying at could have some influence on you actual results....JJ....

Good One TJB!
Last edited by JJtr1954; Sep 29, 2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: 'Cause I Can!
Sep 29, 2011, 03:16 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
I wonder why it works for some and not others. There must be something that you are doing right. Maybe take a few pics of your X650 setup and show us.
I think the main thing we must do is dial it in perfect without compass and GPS and get it almost to fly hands off.Then add the compass 1ste and dial again then the GPS.

But now i have a problem with compass and Heading lock its dailed in perfect BUT as soon as i switch off Heading lock it seems to want to Yaw to the right the whole time. Then i compromise for that on the trims and as soon as I switch back on Heading hold, then Yaw is out again?
Sep 29, 2011, 03:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Crickey, Youtube is down, never seen that happen before

I wonder if it was the huge volume of people wanting to see an XA GPS working

Sep 29, 2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:

Thanks TeeJayBee

The video is about 40% uploaded, taking ages!

Russ
doh!

Camera Tilt Stabilization and remote tilting

I have a 9 channel tx and rx in my x650. I have the camera mount tilt stabilized, and it works great. What would really like is to be able to adjust the tilt of it via the transmitter, and then hopefully have the auto-stabilizing software in the flight controller continue stabilizing at whatever angle I have it set to with my tx.

I tried connecting a cable from channel 8 or 9 of my tx to the flight controller, and then setting up in the Aircraft Configuation software to let that control tilt, but it didn't work.

Has anybody done this? How?

By the way this is an X650 (not v4/8), running 1.31 firmware.
Quote:
Crickey, Youtube is down, never seen that happen before

I wonder if it was the huge volume of people wanting to see an XA GPS working

LOL might be me thats swamped it!!
Sep 29, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
It looks like the RTH works good but w/the GPS enabled it makes a big circle. Can that be tuned out or is that just the accuracy of the GPS?
it was just the stock out of the box settings, it was the wind that was pushing it, having to let go of the sticks for 2 seconds and also hoping the wind doesn't push it too fast that the gps wont engage is not exactly what i call great, its all a bit hit and miss tbh and the tower looks crap imho Maybe I can improve it a bit

oh. end points on cam stab works

shame export/import files doesn't, among other things..
Sep 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
it was just the stock out of the box settings, it was the wind that was pushing it, having to let go of the sticks for 2 seconds and also hoping the wind doesn't push it too fast that the gps wont engage is not exactly what i call great, its all a bit hit and miss tbh and the tower looks crap imho Maybe I can improve it a bit

Totally agree with Josh
I have a vac form machine and once i get the set up right (Virtually there).
I will make a new dome that covers all the electronics.

Quick Reply