Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
TMO
Find More Posts by TMO
TMO
Question

Hangar 9 P-47 Thunderbolt ARF goin' gas

I have a friend who got this. It's spec'd for .60 2 stroke or .72-.100 4 stroke. We were thinking of fitting it out with one of the small DLE or RCGF gas jobs. I had been thinking the 15cc or 20cc, but before we commit- does anyone have any experience converting this to gas? I would've thought the 15cc would have been plenty, but I was talking with a guy who installed a 26cc (which seems like such extreme overkill) and he likes it, so it has me second guessing. I would have thought the 15cc with a 14x10 would have this thing going nicely. We only want a nice sport flier here- not a reno racer or hovering machine.

Any thoughts?

-Tim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Lifer
There is a full thread on this plane. Search a little more in this section and you will find it.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by Blue Jacket
Tim I'm putting a Dle 20cc on a top flight seafury that is in the build process. It is a nice looking engine. Sorry can't give you a flight report yet.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:18 AM
TMO
Find More Posts by TMO
TMO
Thanks Lifer,
I've been through all 80 search results that come up for "Hangar 9 P-47 Thunderbolt ARF", and I also found that thread that you allude to, but no mention of gas conversions other than a guy who used a Zenoah 20EI. By inference if the Z20EI was adequate, then a decent 15cc should be fine. I was hoping for some direct reports though.
-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
There is a full thread on this plane. Search a little more in this section and you will find it.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:21 AM
TMO
Find More Posts by TMO
TMO
That is a very nice engine and I'm currently in the process of advising on installing 2 of them in a KMP BF110 with a customer. I'll have photos in my blog when complete. The DLE 20cc seems much more powerful than either the Zenoah or RCGF. Also I love the Seafury, so keep us up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
Tim I'm putting a Dle 20cc on a top flight seafury that is in the build process. It is a nice looking engine. Sorry can't give you a flight report yet.