New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
kevin whitesell is offline
Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
Registered User
kevin whitesell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramV View Post
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
Nope you sould be good to go!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:45 PM
JDMJim is offline
Find More Posts by JDMJim
Registered User
JDMJim's Avatar
^ that's what they say. I upgraded esc to 40amp anyway
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:53 PM
BlinkguY is online now
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
well thanks god i do have a power meter.. that way i dont have to go with something more expensive just because "anyway" is not about you JDM... its just you know, its better sometimes go with facts... that way you'll save a few bucks for something else... so i got a power meter and after i do any PROP mod.. i check it out my self... if im 3-4 amps down to the maximum (static) i should be fine, since airborne it is really like 3-4 amps less than static

man santa just confirm... ill be getting this baby for Xmas!!! HOLLY COW!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:03 PM
flydown is offline
Find More Posts by flydown
Registered User
flydown's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramV View Post
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
Been running my P47 with the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) completely stock for almost 2 years now. No problems.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:13 PM
BlinkguY is online now
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
there you go
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
BlinkguY is online now
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
why should i go with the extra 300 prop... ??? let me know
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
ryramZ is offline
Find More Posts by ryramZ
Your Pilot Ryan
ryramZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
well thanks god i do have a power meter.. that way i dont have to go with something more expensive just because "anyway" is not about you JDM... its just you know, its better sometimes go with facts... that way you'll save a few bucks for something else... so i got a power meter and after i do any PROP mod.. i check it out my self... if im 3-4 amps down to the maximum (static) i should be fine, since airborne it is really like 3-4 amps less than static

man santa just confirm... ill be getting this baby for Xmas!!! HOLLY COW!!!!
Congrats! Great choice. Mine is bone stock with recommended extras. Some say boring, I say no stress totally reliable. I do wish 4 bladers were stock.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
kalmon is offline
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramV View Post
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
I've been running mine completely stock with only the Extra 300 10.5x9 on my P-47 for two years now with 0 problems. In fact I highly recommend that if you do only one thing change to this prop.

You gain about 10 mph and increased thrust as well. I use throttle management and get safely get 6-7 min of flying per 2200mAh pack.

-Brian
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
BlinkguY is online now
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Congrats! Great choice. Mine is bone stock with recommended extras. Some say boring, I say no stress totally reliable. I do wish 4 bladers were stock.

thanks a lot.. bro.. when you say all the extra you mean. flaps and retracts right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
ryramZ is offline
Find More Posts by ryramZ
Your Pilot Ryan
ryramZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
thanks a lot.. bro.. when you say all the extra you mean. flaps and retracts right?
Yes, I do. However, even Matt Andren of PZ says you can fly the Extra prop no worries. Beyond that an upgraded esc would be recommended.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
325FGP is offline
Find More Posts by 325FGP
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar

just a touch off topic


Have you guys seen the Starmax P-47 that Hobby Lobby is advertising? I've been drooling over it for the last couple days. The cockpit detail is amazing and it comes with a 16x8 4 bladed prop, retracts and flaps on a 63" wingspan airframe.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/starmax_p...41934_prd1.htm

and now we return you to our regularly scheduled thread.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:39 PM
dbdukeboy is offline
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
dbdukeboy's Avatar
I know this is at off of topic here, but you guys on this thread seem to be real helpful. I need to store my 2 and 3 cell batteries for the next few months. What's the best way of doing it and do I need to decharge them. And if so how do I decharge them and t what level. I don't think I will be flying much for the rest of the winter here in Cleveland :-(
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:56 PM
jtaylor996 is offline
Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Registered Crasher
Check the batteries forum. You need to get to 3.85v per cell.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:05 PM
kalmon is offline
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I know this is at off of topic here, but you guys on this thread seem to be real helpful. I need to store my 2 and 3 cell batteries for the next few months. What's the best way of doing it and do I need to decharge them. And if so how do I decharge them and t what level. I don't think I will be flying much for the rest of the winter here in Cleveland :-(
Well you could take them to a Browns game, that's been known to suck the energy out of anyone(anything) in attendance.

The best way to discharge them is with a charger that has a discharge setting. Short of that you can just put on gloves and fly the bird one more time and then on the recharge only charge them to 3.85v per cell.

What charger are you using?

-Brian
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
jdm2ner is online now
Find More Posts by jdm2ner
flying is everything
jdm2ner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Well you could take them to a Browns game, that's been known to suck the energy out of anyone(anything) in attendance.

The best way to discharge them is with a charger that has a discharge setting. Short of that you can just put on gloves and fly the bird one more time and then on the recharge only charge them to 3.85v per cell.

What charger are you using?

-Brian
+1 on that using the discharge or storage mode is the best way to do it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion World Models p47 1.20 dards Fuel Warbirds 1 Oct 20, 2010 11:55 AM
Discussion E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair?? Gobstopper Electric Warbirds 13 Dec 02, 2009 10:37 PM
Discussion New Parkzone p51 or Greatplanes P47 casedit Electric Warbirds 5 Sep 01, 2009 10:08 AM