Nov 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
west coast flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
great then...

how does the regular wheels perform on this bird while landing on grass? my t-28 always do the flip over thing... somebody told me about the p47 wheels are way better to land on grass... is that true.. i already ordered 3 pairs for my trojan and apprentice i think my wife is getting me the p47 for xmas, she wants me to get a retract full plane
The regular wheels are good on the grass.

I just added the retracts & flaps Love this plane, retracts make it way better for sure. Flaps are not really needed, but I like them
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
Took her out again, doing high speed straifing runs in suburbia. Had a couple guys stop and watch She did it all today rolls, loops, hammerheads! She is definitely my favorite warbird! She just makes it all easy!
Nov 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
Bombs away!!!
I hope you gave Sububia hell.
Nov 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
I see many of you guys are using 4s setup. Let's assume I have G25 motor installed, what is the preferred setup? I just want it to be most efficient as far as performance goes. Nice speed and enough power without sacrificing a flight time. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Nov 17, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by op1900
I see many of you guys are using 4s setup. Let's assume I have G25 motor installed, what is the preferred setup? I just want it to be most efficient as far as performance goes. Nice speed and enough power without sacrificing a flight time. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
This is what I did last year. I was working up from a Power 15 to a Power 25. It worked quite well. Plenty fast and reasonable Amp draw.

I spec'd the Callie Graphics for Hobbyzone. These are the prototype graphics. The numbers came out too large so I trimmed them down in the wing area. The production graphics are slightly smaller to fit over the wing and the thunderbolts slightly larger.
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/RAZ003.html

This time I used a different power system:
Eflite Power 25 (1250kV)
Eflite Pro 60A ESC
APC 10x6x4 prop (grey) painted flat black with Insignia yellow tips
2200mAh 30C 4S Eflite

The later model D's also had a fin on the vertical stab for additional yaw stability. The fin I used is a piece of creased file folder.
Nov 17, 2012, 11:32 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Looks great! I dig the exhaust stains!
Nov 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks. Just a bit of airbrushing.
Nov 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
Thanks. Just a bit of airbrushing.
I like the way you tapered the blue, and added a antenna also.. Cool! Im steeling that antenna Idea. Here is mine.
Nov 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
AMA 52726
Wow! Great looking Jugs!
Nov 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
You may as well steal the pitot tube on the right wing too. LOL

Thanks, Edge.
Nov 17, 2012, 04:42 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767
Wow! Great looking Jugs!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
You may as well steal the pitot tube on the right wing too. LOL

Thanks, Edge.
Will do!!
Nov 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
I finally got the Eflite Power32 for my P47. I am going to be using it with an ICE 50 esc, and 3s 2600 batteries. If the bench test works out, I want to use it with the Hobby Lobby 4 blade prop. Has anybody fit this motor to this plane? If so, what is the best way to mount it? I was thinking of just fixing the stock mount to the firewall. If I do this, I think I will have to modify the cowling.
Nov 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale
I finally got the Eflite Power32 for my P47. I am going to be using it with an ICE 50 esc, and 3s 2600 batteries. If the bench test works out, I want to use it with the Hobby Lobby 4 blade prop. Has anybody fit this motor to this plane? If so, what is the best way to mount it? I was thinking of just fixing the stock mount to the firewall. If I do this, I think I will have to modify the cowling.
I haven't heard of anyone using bigger than a 25. Me being one of those that went that way.

Far be it from me to discourage the use of more power, but... Why a 32 on 3S
for a plane of this size? Just curious. It's a monster motor for this P47 and better suited, IMHO, to 4S or 5S, on a larger plane.

I think the length (1.9") is close to the size of the stock 15. You shouldn't need to alter anything except, maybe, mounting holes on the cowl.
Nov 18, 2012, 07:39 PM
You can't take the sky from me
I think some people have used the e-flite 32 with 5s.
Nov 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
2 many planes & 2 little time
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks
I think some people have used the e-flite 32 with 5s.
I used the 32 in a 1400mm nearly 5 pound plane on 5s.
I'm no expert but, it might be too much weight to power ratio for this wing area ...
I'm getting about 90mph out of a 4s 480 (10x10 prop) in this little plane.