Oct 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
Ducati I really want to try that set up out on one of my Thunderbolts. Great Idea.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2012, 09:18 PM
2 many planes & 2 little time
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Did some bench test today. I changed the timing on my Eflite 60 pro Esc to High 25 degrees and here are the results:
Timing set to default 15 degrees on Eflite P-15 with extra 300 prop and 60amp Pro esc on 2250 TP 3s 45c. Peak C 31.49-- Volts 11.89-- Peak W 352.16 -- Energy .991wh-- Charge .089ah

Timing changed to 25 degrees Peak C 34.04--Volts 11.83-- Peak W 378.7w--Energy 1.09--Charge .099ah ESC not noticeable change in temp.

Now I just need to test fly it with the High timing.
Let us know if that makes a measurable difference in performance... and any change in battery voltage at end of flight?
Oct 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
You bet Scootr.
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Oct 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
Once the final decals get here from Callie It'll be ready to tear up the sky.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:32 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
You left the prop off you know that?
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Oct 28, 2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhood View Post
Once the final decals get here from Callie It'll be ready to tear up the sky.
No sense going out without the final decals on
Your bird looks NICE, good luck with it.

I have planes that never got their decals! LOL, I did have Cali make me a Redhead Doll & 4 Aces for my Big Spitfire, but they were jinxed
Oct 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
I can fix it.
It is amazing how far we push this plane beyond it's design limits! And for the most part, it handles it well.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:30 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhood View Post
Ducati I really want to try that set up out on one of my Thunderbolts. Great Idea.
You won't be disappointed! I did need to find the CG "sweet spot"(just north of neutral) to get it locked in(as you see in the video). When the pack was even 1/4" farther forward it had a bad wiggle at speed. When I moved the pack back, it locked right in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
It is amazing how far we push this plane beyond it's design limits! And for the most part, it handles it well.
The guys that design PZ planes aren't messing around! I'm sure that was there intent.
Oct 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Let us know if that makes a measurable difference in performance... and any change in battery voltage at end of flight?

Rather than a seat of the pants indicator from the in the air flying, an actual static thrust measurement for both setups would be a nice additional piece of info, too. If those extra watts are going to heat only, then it's not a good trade off. But additional thrust...

Oct 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
"The guys that design PZ planes aren't messing around! I'm sure that was there intent."

I wish this was the case with their new Corsair! The Thunderbolt it is not!
Oct 29, 2012, 04:04 PM
You can't take the sky from me
what's up with the corsair? A buddy of mine flew his at the club, and it looked, and flew great,plus he had no complaints.
Oct 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
Tell him to check the Flaps,Rudder and the front wing mount. Guys are posting Flaps,Rudder and wing mounting points falling off.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
Tell him to check the Flaps,Rudder and the front wing mount. Guys are posting Flaps,Rudder and wing mounting points falling off.
Wowser! That is a rare thing for a PZ warbird. Maybe the first design or QC complaints I recall. I have none of that in the 4 models I have of theirs.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
Diverted by planks
Buddy at our site loves his new version Corsair. He also has like four other various manufacturer's Corsairs, too, including the version one PZ. He has installed the Eflite retracts in the new one, and they are slick - especially with the magnetic attachment of the wheel pant, so it can rotate but still stay attached.

BUT he indeed did have the flap issue and had to rehinge them. Fortunately he is doing what I do these days for hinging and instead of using CA cloth hinges, or pins, or plastic ones, all we do is lay down a VERY thin bead of Welder's glue or Uhu Por (depending on foam type) along the seam, and connect the movable surface up to the airframe a time or two (it's a type of contact cement), then leave it in place. Voila -- instant hinge. After curing for a few hours or overnight, it is the most flexible, but strong hinge you could ask for. He said it worked great on the flap issue.
Oct 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
You can't take the sky from me
Oh, huh. I will tell him about that.

Quick Reply