Parkzone P47 - Page 878 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000
I like to belly land this plane, but the servo's really need covers for long term durability. Does anyone know of any servo covers that would fit this war bird?
Found this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8669
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
Jimmy
Jimmy1159's Avatar
I use these, they work pretty well.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...Z7080#t4-PARTS
Oct 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000
I like to belly land this plane, but the servo's really need covers for long term durability. Does anyone know of any servo covers that would fit this war bird?
I cannot find the thread where I found this ,but I have used control horns as servo protectors on my Gunfighter and Wildcat and they have served there purpose well
Oct 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1159
I use these, they work pretty well.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...Z7080#t4-PARTS
Those look good - thanks.
Oct 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
Here is a link to some cool products including servo slow downs and reversers and various lighting packages including led gun lights.

http://dianneanddavid.wix.com/daves-r-c-electronics
Oct 27, 2012, 06:11 PM
umpf umpf
basser's Avatar
ok so i bought the spare airframe kit p-47. i already had all the other parts to get this plane in the air so i opted for the short kit.
no flaps and no retracts for now. maybe later...
i got the p-47 just about ready for the maiden.
i did some prop tests and this is what i came up with.

im using an Exceed proton 40amp ESC. http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e05-proton-40a.html
a sunnyksky motor form EPBuddy. http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=191
its the 2814 1000kv motor (3536 equivalent)
3s 2200 25c parkzone lipo (well used)

...............MAS 10x7e = 27amps 315 watts
...............MAS 11x7e = 35amps 400 watts
...............MAS 12x6e = 37amps 425 watts
Dynam T-28 11x7x3 = 29amps 340 watts. This prop seems to run the quietest and smoothest on the ground test but the p-47 does look funny with a blade on her.

i did have to modify the firewall to get my motor far enough foreward to get the prop shaft to stick out the front of the cowl.

hopefully tomorrow ill be maidening this bird.
Last edited by basser; Oct 27, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Oct 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
flying is everything
jdm2ner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by basser
ok so i bought the spare airframe kit p-47. i already had all the other parts to get this plane in the air so i opted for the short kit.
no flaps and no retracts for now. maybe later...
i got the p-47 just about ready for the maiden.
i did some prop tests and this is what i came up with.

im using an Exceed proton 40amp ESC. http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e05-proton-40a.html
a sunnyksky motor form EPBuddy. http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=191
its the 2814 1000kv motor (3536 equivalent)
3s 2200 25c parkzone lipo (well used)

...............MAS 10x7e = 27amps 315 watts
...............MAS 11x7e = 35amps 400 watts
...............MAS 12x6e = 37amps 425 watts
Dynam T-28 11x7x3 = 29amps 340 watts. This prop seems to run the quietest and smoothest on the ground test but the p-47 does look funny with a blade on her.

i did have to modify the firewall to get my motor far enough foreward to get the prop shaft to stick out the front of the cowl.

hopefully tomorrow ill be maidening this bird.
good luck on the maiden let us know what worked out the best
Oct 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996
Get the power 25 870kv, as it's more flexible. It works pretty well on both 4 blade and 2 blade props, on a 3s setup. If you want 4 blade props, then get the G25 710Kv.

I suggest you just forget the stock prop, and go directly to the extra300 props, and the power 25 motor.
+1 also. That prop wakes up the stock motor and P-15 too.
Blu
Oct 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
I was lucky enough to get some killer video today with the "one trick jug", Thanks to my friend Larry at HAMMS.

The weather was perfect, and Larry did such a great job filming it, that I'll be able to post it in one clip! From take off, until landing with no edits!

I'm processing it now, and Will have it up as soon as possible.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Video is up! Hope you guys like it!

Parkzone p47 "One trick jug" (5 min 45 sec)


I listed my "hot setup " in full on YouTube.. If anyone is interested?
Oct 28, 2012, 01:41 PM
Registered User
Beautiful. Nice work, Ducati! Managed to get that flight in just before the storm, eh? Impressive flying and nice landing, too.

Love the jug. Repainted mine (pics on this forum somewhere) and just added a power 25 motor and the HL 11x10x4 prop. Looks/flys amazing.
Oct 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
Registered User
Unrealpie's Avatar
@Ducati Mechanic

Nice to see someone other than me flies their p-47 like a Yak. Be sure to keep an eye on that Horizontal stab though, if you don't reinforce it a bit after a few 50 or so flights you will start to notice some stress cracks appearing as was the case for me.
Oct 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
umpf umpf
basser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by basser
ok so i bought the spare airframe kit p-47. i already had all the other parts to get this plane in the air so i opted for the short kit.
no flaps and no retracts for now. maybe later...
i got the p-47 just about ready for the maiden.
i did some prop tests and this is what i came up with.

im using an Exceed proton 40amp ESC. http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e05-proton-40a.html
a sunnyksky motor form EPBuddy. http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=191
its the 2814 1000kv motor (3536 equivalent)
3s 2200 25c parkzone lipo (well used)

...............MAS 10x7e = 27amps 315 watts
...............MAS 11x7e = 35amps 400 watts
...............MAS 12x6e = 37amps 425 watts
Dynam T-28 11x7x3 = 29amps 340 watts. This prop seems to run the quietest and smoothest on the ground test but the p-47 does look funny with a blade on her.

i did have to modify the firewall to get my motor far enough foreward to get the prop shaft to stick out the front of the cowl.

hopefully tomorrow ill be maidening this bird.
i got my P-47 flown today. its flys nice.
i first tried the 10x7 prop and it flew fine but not a speed demon.
i then tried the 3 blade dynam 11x7x3 prop and it flew faster but not a huge upgrade.
last i tried the 11x7 and now it flies with authority and it has unlimited verticle.
i never did try the 12x6.
ill probably just fly the 11x7 from now on. im happy with the power and amp draw.
all of the flights where on 3s 2200 25c lipos.
Last edited by basser; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Oct 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Congrats Basser! Nice picks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboc
Beautiful. Nice work, Ducati! Managed to get that flight in just before the storm, eh? Impressive flying and nice landing, too.

Love the jug. Repainted mine (pics on this forum somewhere) and just added a power 25 motor and the HL 11x10x4 prop. Looks/flys amazing.

Thanks! The calm before the storm is always the best time to fly! It was a beautiful night.

I tried a four blade, but the apc 12x6 performs much better, for this style of flying.

Thanks again for the kind words! I love this stuff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealpie
@Ducati Mechanic

Nice to see someone other than me flies their p-47 like a Yak. Be sure to keep an eye on that Horizontal stab though, if you don't reinforce it a bit after a few 50 or so flights you will start to notice some stress cracks appearing as was the case for me.
Thank you! She's a keeper, and a real crowd pleaser!

I CA'ed the vertical stab tub in, and made sure to CA the reinforcement "buttons" that the tub runs threw. I also hot glued the stabs into the plastic mount.

I hope thats enough, but I have said that "I won't be Surprised when the elevator breaks off!"
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 28, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Bombs away!!!
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
Did some bench test today. I changed the timing on my Eflite 60 pro Esc to High 25 degrees and here are the results:
Timing set to default 15 degrees on Eflite P-15 with extra 300 prop and 60amp Pro esc on 2250 TP 3s 45c. Peak C 31.49-- Volts 11.89-- Peak W 352.16 -- Energy .991wh-- Charge .089ah

Timing changed to 25 degrees Peak C 34.04--Volts 11.83-- Peak W 378.7w--Energy 1.09--Charge .099ah ESC not noticeable change in temp.

Now I just need to test fly it with the High timing.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion World Models p47 1.20 dards Fuel Warbirds 1 Oct 20, 2010 11:55 AM
Discussion E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair?? Gobstopper Electric Warbirds 13 Dec 02, 2009 10:37 PM
Discussion New Parkzone p51 or Greatplanes P47 casedit Electric Warbirds 5 Sep 01, 2009 10:08 AM