Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
For what it's worth I run the "other" brand. Our runway is concrete/blacktop. I use it when I'm having a good day. LOL. I land in cactus and various other desert plants often to just to mix things up. No issues.

But I bet I if I had those pretty Eflite's I could land on anything. That extra $40 would pay for the warranty service. Ya know for the no questions asked replacement policy.
Last edited by neck; Oct 09, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000
What surface are you taking off/landing on, grass or pavement?

Others w/retracts please chime in.
I have the Eflites on mine and fly off of a very rough field. Make sure to read the instructions and blue loctite the screws! probably 100 flights and 0 issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronht
Thanks for the explanation guys - good info.

I've been running my P47 like this for quite a while with no problems, although I rarely ever push full throttle. So far, neither the ESC or the batteries are hot after a 5 min flight - so it doesn't appear that I'm cooking anything.

So what's the safe thing to do? Go back to a 2 blade prop, a bigger ESC or find a different pitch 4 blade that won't over pull the AMP draw?
If you've been running it this way for a while you might be fine. Eflite is pretty good about underrating their products so that they take quite a beating.

The only real "safe" way is to repitch that prop so that at WoT you are under the rated amps for the setup. The bonus is that you'll probably have better acceleration with a slightly lower pitch. Probably less adverse torque roll too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier668
Hi dudes!
Today buyed a wattmeter, and need your help a little .
I wanna know the amps and watts for the stock motor with stock ESC, static. I need it to compare and calibrate my wattmeter please.
Other question, the wattmeter can be used flying for more accurate tests or is a bad idea?
Other point I have some props from my others planes, a 10x5, 10x7,11x6, this props are safe with the stock ESC or need a better ESC. The stock works great, but I think a 10x7 could go more fast.

Regards!

PD: I know some people think "use the search button" but this post are huge!!!! Hehehe.
For a completely stock Jug just drop on an PZ Extra 300 prop 10.5 x 9. You'll get more speed right there. I've also seen people saying that the APC 11x7-E was a good choice.

-Brian
Oct 10, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ron Lauser

Parkzone P-47 replacement airframe

Instead of buying the PNP or BNF versions of the Parkzone P-47, I'm thinking about purchasing the complete airframe and then getting the other parts I need (Servos, motor, etc) from other sources or from parts I already have at home like the 6 channel receiver and a Turnigy 40 amp esc.

Does anyone know if this package comes with the stock motor mount for the 15BL motor? It's not shown in the pic so I assume it isn't. I'm thinking about going with a motor mount from Custom RC parts and a Turnigy c3542 motor.

The complete airframe is available on Hobby Warehouse for $78 plus shipping or from other sources for as high as $95 plus shipping.

Has anyone else ever "built" their Parkzone P-47 in this way? Are there any problems I should consider before attempting this?

I just finished doing the same thing with the Parkzone T-28D and I'm very happy with the results.

I'm very interested to hear your opinion.
Oct 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
The motor mount DOES come with it and is installed under the cowling. I built mine this way and comes with absolutely everything needed (minus the electronics of course) to complete it. The pushrods are installed in the fuse, and it comes with the others. It even comes with the grey tape to cover up the servo wiring. And of course all the servo locations are already cut for you .
Oct 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACubFlyer103
Instead of buying the PNP or BNF versions of the Parkzone P-47, I'm thinking about purchasing the complete airframe and then getting the other parts I need (Servos, motor, etc) from other sources or from parts I already have at home like the 6 channel receiver and a Turnigy 40 amp esc.

Does anyone know if this package comes with the stock motor mount for the 15BL motor? It's not shown in the pic so I assume it isn't. I'm thinking about going with a motor mount from Custom RC parts and a Turnigy c3542 motor.

The complete airframe is available on Hobby Warehouse for $78 plus shipping or from other sources for as high as $95 plus shipping.

Has anyone else ever "built" their Parkzone P-47 in this way? Are there any problems I should consider before attempting this?

I just finished doing the same thing with the Parkzone T-28D and I'm very happy with the results.

Funny.. I just asked the same question last week, and received my "Kit" today. Its a complete kit(as said above), and even comes with a 5MM Prop adapter, and stock prop. I just wish they did'nt install the decals, but other than that its great deal for the money!

You will need to order the flap kit linkages, If you decide to run flaps. All of the other linkages are included, and installed.

If your getting the Eflite Retracts? The upgraded pre-bent struts are a nice addition for less than 10$..
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 10, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Oct 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
flying is everything
just got back from the field and wow what a difference with my new power setup. eflite power 25 870kv 3000mah battery 4s 40c an eflite 60amp esc with a castel 10amp bec and the hobby lobby 4 bladed prop. wow she was fast. faster than the stock setup. I tried a 3s battery and the 4s flew better. no more 3s for me.
Oct 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
The sky is my playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACubFlyer103

I haven't finished mine, but that's how I am doing it. I got my airframe through Horizon thanks to a gift card. I then ordered the mount from Custom RC Parts for the Power 25. I also got the E-flite Retracts a number of 9 gram metal gear servos from some dealer at the NEAT fair. I already had a motor and ESC. I am adding in a Castle BEC because of all the servos (also doing the flaps). I haven't decided on a prop just yet.
Oct 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
Registered Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic
Funny.. I just asked the same question last week, and received my "Kit" today. Its a complete kit(as said above), and even comes with a 5MM Prop adapter, and stock prop. I just wish they did'nt install the decals, but other than that its great deal for the money!

You will need to order the flap kit linkages, If you decide to run flaps. All of the other linkages are included, and installed.

If your getting the Eflite Retracts? The upgraded pre-bent struts are a nice addition for less than 10$..
I've recently bought 2 airframes, and they both came with the flap linkages.
Oct 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thanks! I havnt even looked yet? Seemed like they were a upgrade so I spent the 4.00$..
Oct 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
Registered Crasher
I thought so too, but I checked before I spent the $...
Oct 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
too many planes
jdm2ner does it land heavy ? or does it float in with full flaps? I want to change the set up I have to 4s and concerned about the weight.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Im Building mine now.. Looks great!

I'm trying to build light,and still have all the good stuff. My torque 820kv motor is smaller than the turnigy motor, but still pulls 800watts at 50amp(max!4s)with no issues, as long as you practice throttle management, and have proper cooling. My setup should pull around 700watts at 45amp.

I'm running a Hitec A9 TX, Optima7 RX(booster and case removed), castle 10amp BEC, airboss 50amp esc, custom rc motor mount, two HS65HB's, and four HS55's. Eflite retracts, and the scale hobby lobby four blade prop.
It should be a blast! I've got six 4s 2200 30c packs that work great but don't have a home. That should keep us going..
Oct 10, 2012, 08:39 PM
The sky is my playground.
Coulda swore mine came with the linkages. I think I just had to order the struts for the retracts.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:41 PM
flying is everything
the bigger motor, esc and battery had no effect on it. the plane still floats in with full flaps. i have the razorback conversion so she is was tail heavy, with the bigger motor esc and battery she flys great.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Coulda swore mine came with the linkages. I think I just had to order the struts for the retracts.
It did.. My mistake.

Quick Reply