Thread Tools
Jul 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Every "Normal" plane I get, I always set my maiden dual rates to 70/20 on all surfaces and then work my way to what feels best as I feel the plane out. Usually less. Then I set my rate switches for highest to lowest. This way when I'm rusty or not feeling on ( I know you all have had those kind of days), I'll start my 1st flight of the morning with my lower warm up rates, then go to my high rate when I'm gett'n in the zone

There's always an exception though. If you guys have ever flown one of those cool mini Funfighter Warbirds, you damn well better start out with some really low rates, like 60/40. Man those little guys scream and fly like on rails.
Blu
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
I had a dog named Blu... Spelled the same too... Border Terrier... tough little S*it!
Jul 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
I've seen some bomb drops devised by some of the guys back in this thread, pretty creative stuff fer sure... was wondering if anyone has come across one that doesnt require master building skills, more of a plug-n-drop

I'm dying to do something like that with the P-47 or some larger birds in the hangar... I ordered up the HobbyKing setup to mount to my 1400mm planes but its too big really, I could still use it but it's bigger then I thought it would be once it arrived... and of course is waaaay too big for the P-47, but something along those lines but a lot smalled version is what I'm hoping for...

this would be perfect if it was 1/3 the size it is:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10624
Jul 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
AMA 884978/KK6NKY
hillbille's Avatar
HuffDaddy - when I wanted to do a bomb drop I thought long and hard before I came up with the method I did. I originally wanted to use magnets (you know every burned out motor you have has rare earth magnets IN it don't you?) But I could never figure out a way to get them to release reliably. So I came up with the one I did. It really does NOT require a lot of skill to make a set and (my original goal) they require NO additional servos (if you already have flaps) to operate. The set can be made for less than $10 including the fake bombs.

Hillbille
Jul 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
AMA 884978/KK6NKY
hillbille's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy

this would be perfect if it was 1/3 the size it is:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10624
That thing is terrible in SO MANY ways. It is on a scale of 1/3 or so. The release mechanism is very large and does not resemble ANY military mechanisms I've seen. The "bomb" is only good for ONE drop from ANY altitude or speed. The outer shell will disintegrate on impact - no matter what you do. Make your own and you will be MUCH happier!

Hillbille
Jul 25, 2012, 08:28 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
OoooK, ya got my attention... I'm off to your blog and any posts you have on the bomb drop dealio
Jul 25, 2012, 09:10 PM
AIMDROIX
DaxFX's Avatar
Cool photo from today trip.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343268598.605403.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 84.1 KB
Description:
Latest blog entry: Puerto Rico Drone Prix 2016
Jul 25, 2012, 09:34 PM
Shut up and fly
papabatman's Avatar
nice i like it
Jul 25, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
essar's Avatar
I am currently putting together on of these, I glassed it and painted it. I am using a turnigy 4042 outrunner with 900kv on 4s. I hope it will fly okay because I am sure I've added quite alot of weight.
Do you guys think this power system will be adequate...maybe overkill? The only other one I had was stock and it flew nice. I just used a power system I happened to have on hand, hope it works out, thanks guys.

Essar.
Jul 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
essar's Avatar
Here are a few pictures of my old one. This plane actually inspired me to build a top flit kit version too!
Jul 25, 2012, 11:04 PM
Registered Crasher
Is that yellow paint job from the 396th fighter squadron (368th fighter group)?
Jul 26, 2012, 05:12 AM
Registered User
essar's Avatar
Lt. Col. Glenn T. Eagleston 353 fighter squadron, 354 fighter group.
Last edited by essar; Jul 26, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Jul 26, 2012, 06:21 AM
Registered User
That is some good stuff, watched the video then clicked on the build link to your website and it comes up 404 Page Not Found. Did you happen to take it off of your site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbille
HuffDaddy - when I wanted to do a bomb drop I thought long and hard before I came up with the method I did. I originally wanted to use magnets (you know every burned out motor you have has rare earth magnets IN it don't you?) But I could never figure out a way to get them to release reliably. So I came up with the one I did. It really does NOT require a lot of skill to make a set and (my original goal) they require NO additional servos (if you already have flaps) to operate. The set can be made for less than $10 including the fake bombs.

Hillbille
Jul 26, 2012, 06:53 AM
2 many planes & 2 little time
scootrb4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by essar
I am currently putting together on of these, I glassed it and painted it. I am using a turnigy 4042 outrunner with 900kv on 4s. I hope it will fly okay because I am sure I've added quite alot of weight.
Do you guys think this power system will be adequate...maybe overkill? The only other one I had was stock and it flew nice. I just used a power system I happened to have on hand, hope it works out, thanks guys.

Essar.
I put that motor in a 4.75 pound plane with a 3 blade prop on 5s and smoked it plain and simple
The jug offers good cooling and weighs less. I suggest you watt test your setup...
Jul 26, 2012, 07:18 AM
Registered User
essar's Avatar
I did a watt test with an apc 10x10 and I was gettin around 480 watts drawing around 35 amps. I don't feel like this is the correct prop choice though...can anyone suggest a better prop size? I think the motor is equivalent to a power 25 and eflite recommends 11x7 to 13x6. What are you power 25 guys running on your 4s setups? Thanks

Essar.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion World Models p47 1.20 dards Fuel Warbirds 1 Oct 20, 2010 10:55 AM
Discussion E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair?? Gobstopper Electric Warbirds 13 Dec 02, 2009 09:37 PM
Discussion New Parkzone p51 or Greatplanes P47 casedit Electric Warbirds 5 Sep 01, 2009 09:08 AM