Hobby Lobby Dago Red and Voodoo Racers - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 20, 2010, 07:00 PM
RCG Admin
Video

Hobby Lobby Dago Red and Voodoo Racers

Hobby Lobby Dago Red and Voodoo Racers (2 min 30 sec)

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/dago_red_...33860_prd1.htm

Go Fast, Fly Hard, Have Fun!
48-3/8 in. span, 29 in. long, 251 sq. in. wing area, 30 oz. flying weight. Are you ready for 120+ MPH? Dago Red can take you there with its sleek design and included power plant. Flies like a sport plane at low throttle settings and goes wherever you point it. Full power will put you in the 120MPH speed range and beyond, so be ready to turn. Spoilerons can be used on capable radios to slow down for landings, but don't expect to float like a parkflyer. You need to know what you're doing with this plane.

The fuselage is fiberglass with carbon fiber reinforcements and the wings are foam core and sheeted with obechi wood. You'll appreciate the fine details such as the gapless pre-hinged ailerons and the laser cut elevator servo tray that screws into place.

The included 2600KV BL motor, aluminum spinner, and 40A ESC makes it easy to feed the need for speed. All you need to provide is 3 servos, a 4.75x4.75 prop, and a 3S 2100mAH Lipo pack. You can be ready to fly in as little as 2 hours. 3 channel controls are ailerons, elevator, and throttle.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hmmm youve got me Interested, and it prolly won't fall apart like that electrifly rifle. Heard too many horror stories about the rifle. The Dago Red Pylon looks great!!! I like the setup!

casey
Oct 20, 2010, 08:32 PM
Can you buy the plane without the power system.
Oct 20, 2010, 08:44 PM
WOW!!! Just ordered one.
Oct 20, 2010, 08:54 PM
gravity is your friend, is it?
Dang-it there is a banana in my pants now,at least that's what I'm what I feel like. I have wanted a pylon plane but could not afford the 700 dollar ones, this is the right price point way to go guys. Jason how long are the flight times with the recommended set up?
Oct 20, 2010, 09:45 PM
You down with EPP?
Intriguing. I don't believe there is anything similar in that price range with a 48" wing.
Oct 20, 2010, 10:26 PM
matt the cat
I just ordered one also. But the vodoo and the red dago look like the same plane whats different other then there color???
Oct 20, 2010, 10:28 PM
matt the cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Intriguing. I don't believe there is anything similar in that price range with a 48" wing.
not to mention with motor and esc included!
Oct 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
Looks like plane in the video had spoilerons when landing.
Oct 21, 2010, 12:39 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
That that does look good...
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Oct 21, 2010, 01:34 AM
Sure it'll work
They're in? I thought they weren't due untill November.
Oct 21, 2010, 03:41 AM
Molon Labe
They are very cool looking! Im in the same boat as ive always wanted a 100mpy plus racer, but could never afford the expense. These are well in my budget though.
The different color schemes are the only difference between the two and it says that you can set it up with spoilerons. Which one though??? They both look soooo good!!!
Oct 21, 2010, 10:53 AM
RCG Admin
Glad you guys like it. I've sure had fun with it. Sometimes it's just nice to blast around a sky. I haven't measured the flight times yet, but it's at least 5 minutes and probably closer to 8 with a 2100mAH pack. They are due in here in about 3 weeks. Both planes are the same except for the colors. If you have trouble telling top from bottom on some planes, I'd say get the Voodoo. It's purple on top and bright yellow on the bottom. The Dago Red is red on both sides. If you don't already have servos for it, get 3 of our eRC 9G metal gear servos. You can see them here http://www.hobby-lobby.com/9_gram_pr...33997_prd1.htm Only $10 ea. with great centering, resolution, and smooth gears. Spoilerons help to change the sink rate when landing. I've had a few landings where I can flare and hold it off until it gets pretty dang slow and actually touch down on the tail first. Nice and easy like. Can't wait to see some our your videos when you get hands on this thing...

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Oct 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
You down with EPP?
I'm interesrted but wondering if you can get the airframe only?

Also, I have never bought anything from Hobby lobby. Does "due november" mean november of 2010? At tower, "due November" means sometime in the next few years.
Oct 21, 2010, 05:10 PM
RCG Admin
We only have the one version coming. I know there will be some who want to put in different power systems, but most of the guys just want something that works without having to worry about what will fit or be appropriate. While we have missed some promised dates, we do a great job of getting stuff in here when we say. These guys are on the big boat on their way to us right now. I'm calling 3 weeks, as long as the customs guy puts it through on time. I can see some fun one-design racing going on at SEFF next year!

Jason Cole