Jul 10, 2003, 07:55 AM

Seafury on deck

Well almost. This thing is going to look awsome.
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2003, 09:25 AM
No fuse too fat
Very cool Mike!! Is that a kit or scratch built? What kind of construction? What are the specs? The color scheme looks great!

Russ.
Jul 10, 2003, 10:36 AM
Piscine Promulgator
That thing is sweet! I would love to see pictures of it flying. Is it Ultracote or painted Solartex? Balsa or Coro tailfeathers? What are you using for a canopy? Airfoil?

Great work!!
Jul 10, 2003, 09:45 PM
Here are some more pictures. I now just need to get a canopy and hook up the controls. It is a second generation scratch built. I plan on making a 60" version that could make it to kit form.
Wingspan is 48".
AUW is 32 oz.
MH-32
Coro tail.
Painted solartex with a little vinyl.
1.9 EPP
I will get flight pictures as soon as I can get it up.
Mike
Jul 10, 2003, 09:57 PM
Jul 10, 2003, 09:58 PM
Jul 14, 2003, 08:59 PM
I got to fly it today. The lift was poor but there was enough to get the CG dialed in.
Mike
Jul 14, 2003, 09:24 PM
No fuse too fat
Awesome! It looks great in the air! Now all you need is a nice howling day to see what she can really do. Nice plane!

Russ.
Jul 14, 2003, 10:53 PM
Free as a bird now.
I knew Russ was gonna like that that plane. He has a thing for invasion stripes...

Great looking plane!
Jul 15, 2003, 08:52 AM
No fuse too fat
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Courtice
I knew Russ was gonna like that that plane. He has a thing for invasion stripes...
Shhhhh... You said you wouldn't tell.

Russ.
Jul 15, 2003, 09:15 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Looks great! What did you use for a canopy? It's interesting how different the color looks inside versus outside. Cool!
Jul 15, 2003, 09:29 AM
No fuse too fat
Mike,
How did you do the spar at the polyhedral?

Russ.
Jul 15, 2003, 06:16 PM
I was going to use a clear canopy with a pilot but could not find one locally so I made a foam one.
The dihedral was easy. The spar is a carbon tube. I used a bent piece of piano wire to join them at the break. A piece of brass tube on the outside keeps the carbon from splitting. I have tried a bent brass joiner on the outside but it broke. I would like to get a tube like is used on the JW but am still looking for one with will work well.
Mike